Disney Springs construction begins

WDWtraveler

Photos from inside the bathrooms! You have truly gone above and beyond now!

Well, I posted the restroom interior photo for two reasons:
1. So wdwmagic participants would know this restroom (located inside a rather fancy building) doesn't look temporary. I guess the restaurant will be located elsewhere. I am curious what the map configured by danlb_2000 shows.
2. The lighting fixtures above the sinks are unique and pretty fancy.

flyerjab

As a heads up, the Orlando Business Journal has a short article on the current development of DS. The article is not long but there are 28 photos attached to the article that give some different views of the construction site. In particular, The Boathouse and The Hangar really look to be coming along nicely. The one thing that really sticks out in a couple of the photos is how incredibly large The Boathouse is going to be when it is completed.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/12/construction-update-disney-springs-readies-the.html

Texas84

As a heads up, the Orlando Business Journal has a short article on the current development of DS. The article is not long but there are 28 photos attached to the article that give some different views of the construction site. In particular, The Boathouse and The Hangar really look to be coming along nicely. The one thing that really sticks out in a couple of the photos is how incredibly large The Boathouse is going to be when it is completed.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/12/construction-update-disney-springs-readies-the.html

Good find. Pic 13 has a nice view of the I-4 connector.

mechurchlady

Those bathrooms use the same fixtures at the one next to Raglan Road. The tile and fixtures evoke a feeling of entering a renovated warehouse from 100 years ago. I haven't a clue to STK! I know that that building is located exactly w
image.jpg
here comedy warehouse was getting permits. I will try to take a look.

bgoofy

Well, I posted the restroom interior photo for two reasons:
1. So wdwmagic participants would know this restroom (located inside a rather fancy building) doesn't look temporary. I guess the restaurant will be located elsewhere. I am curious what the map configured by danlb_2000 shows.
2. The lighting fixtures above the sinks are unique and pretty fancy.
According to Save Pleasure Island drawings, the area just west of the new restrooms are is where STK is going.

mechurchlady

So you are saying that these restrooms at permanent and that the entrance will face the bridge. That area was too dark to see. The area between STK and the bridges is to be ramps and steps down to the creek. Having STK overlook that terrace would make a grander entrance and more room for waiting guests!

Art of Shaving pulled a sign permit today!

Food for thought!
Meieran has Adventurers Club and lower level office area. He pulled a permit for selective demolition at 1560 Buena Vista which was BET. 1570 was Adventurers Club. Did his people make a mistake or is he opening a second venue?

My thoughts
Walt's Place at BET - family dining
Tunnels - swank club in office area
Edison Orlando - Adventures Club upscale dining
Last may imagineers visited The Edison.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So you are saying that these restrooms at permanent and that the entrance will face the bridge. That area was too dark to see. The area between STK and the bridges is to be ramps and steps down to the creek. Having STK overlook that terrace would make a grander entrance and more room for waiting guests!

Art of Shaving pulled a sign permit today!

Food for thought!
Meieran has Adventurers Club and lower level office area. He pulled a permit for selective demolition at 1560 Buena Vista which was BET. 1570 was Adventurers Club. Did his people make a mistake or is he opening a second venue?

My thoughts

Where did you see the Art of Shaving sign permit?

mechurchlady

I search for several day just in case. Now back to permit hunting! I have a chain of proof for lots of things. STK has same fixture and look as Raglan Road which is keeping with the theme. Meieran must be in heaven to turn AC into another Edison but with more money on hand. Now to wait.

Mouse Detective

My thoughts
Me likes. But isn't The Edison in California more of a stage show entertainment place rather than a restaurant?
Another thing to keep in mind. Adventurers Club and BET may look like two different buildings but they really are one building, just like 8trax and Mannequins look like two different buildings but are really one.

mechurchlady

He might put in BET a nice 30's Clifton's cafeteria with basement cheap Penny Caveteria. Please toss ideas out. Every restaurant is pulling permits but where is BET? BET, AC, offices, and Comedy Warehouse are one building as the offices are attached to 1A, 1B, and 1C on old maps. Semantics lol.

We need photos of the bridge side of STK! Bathrooms match Raglan Road so are permanent! More room on bridge side facing west.

WDWtraveler

More Disney Spring construction photos as of Friday, Dec 19.

This picture I posted previously was taken from the top of the "Pleasure Island" bridge. The green construction wall on the extreme left is attached to the new restroom building with the round roof façade. So this is part of the construction going on from "the bridge side facing west." The curved concrete form is part of the outside ramp to the lower level. Therefore, I assume the concrete structure on the left (under the green wall) could be part of STK. I defer to mechurchlady and danlb_2000 to provide more specifics and correct my interpretation.

img_4245-jpg.76985

flyerjab

Me likes. But isn't The Edison in California more of a stage show entertainment place rather than a restaurant?
Another thing to keep in mind. Adventurers Club and BET may look like two different buildings but they really are one building, just like 8trax and Mannequins look like two different buildings but are really one.

Here is a link to the Edison in California for people that are not familiar with it. I have not actually been to it but I have visited their website and the place looks incredible. Hence my excitment for it coming to DS. Unfortunately, I have no idea though about what the underground area will be like.

http://www.edisondowntown.com/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom