The Spirited Back Nine ...

EPCOTCenterLover

Hey, remember me? I want to thank all the MAGICal folks who have sent notes and/or asked others about my prolonged absence from this forum. It does mean a lot that folks care since we do live in a cold, sometimes impossibly to fathom (Pakistan school attack) cruel world.

As many of you know, my uncle passed away quite unexpectedly in September and the fall has just been a series of disasters culminating in a life threatening illness involving one of my parents. It has been touch and go at times and while this place has been a great stress reliever often in the past, I'm just so lacking in energy and can't ... or won't devote it going back and forth over things that while I'm passionate about really don't amount to a great deal in the bigger picture.

That's largely why you haven't seen me here. I can't even say I've done much lurking. ... It's sorta like loving food until you get sick and then the thought of eating anything makes you worse.

I guess what I am saying is that I am not going to be a regular member of this community anymore. I wish it were due to other circumstances, but it is what it is.

I am debating starting one last thread before I go off into the ether because in the midst of all the madness I recently spent a week on the Disney Fantasy (can't praise it enough) and another week at WDW and UNI with my favorite gal (Angie M.), a very high level German official :) .

I do have some news (nothing huge, but interesting nonetheless) and observations I'd like to get out and I won't be working at all until 2015 so ... we'll see if I can muster the interest. Guess I have some or I wouldn't be here typing this now.

Some quick thoughts though:

WDW was at least moderately busy when I was there at most parks (mostly MK and EPCOT at CP time). UNI was NOT. The UNI fanbois can crow about the quality of the product and they are right. But at both UNI/IOA EVERY attraction had waits listed at 20 minutes or less and were all essentially walk-ons ... yes, that included all the Potter attractions in each park. That was not the case at WDW. Fact.

Fat lazy people in ECVs who prevent handicapped children from getting on buses in 45 degree weather make me ill. I spent an entire bus ride from WL to MK trying to shame these worthless dregs because one of my big personality flaws is I care about what's right.

I want to live in St. John if I have to remain in the USA.

The fried chicken at the HDDR must be coated in pixie dust because it is amazing.

Meg retiring next summer. Georgie K spotted in Burbank and Paris in the last week. Yes, I am worried.

Illuminations really does have new lasers.

Enjoy the Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular while you can.

Apologies to my friends in O-Town who I didn't contact. I have limited time with Angie and meeting up this time just wasn't in the cards with a few exceptions.

Anyway, going to think about a real thread and see if I am up for it ... but please enjoy discussing politics here in light of the Sony decision.

Besides, Disney is already looking into options in Cuba and remember this post in five years. Really!
Sorry, Spirit, for what you're going through. It's so hard to lose folks we love, especially those closest. May God bring you comfort in it all, peace and rest. Even if we don't hear from you often or soon, please know I've so appreciated your involvement here. It's made these boards a fun place to come to- a little oasis of sorts in a world getting crazier and crazier. Thank you and Bless you!

dupac

Hey, remember me? I want to thank all the MAGICal folks who have sent notes and/or asked others about my prolonged absence from this forum. It does mean a lot that folks care since we do live in a cold, sometimes impossibly to fathom (Pakistan school attack) cruel world.

As many of you know, my uncle passed away quite unexpectedly in September and the fall has just been a series of disasters culminating in a life threatening illness involving one of my parents. It has been touch and go at times and while this place has been a great stress reliever often in the past, I'm just so lacking in energy and can't ... or won't devote it going back and forth over things that while I'm passionate about really don't amount to a great deal in the bigger picture.

That's largely why you haven't seen me here. I can't even say I've done much lurking. ... It's sorta like loving food until you get sick and then the thought of eating anything makes you worse.

I guess what I am saying is that I am not going to be a regular member of this community anymore. I wish it were due to other circumstances, but it is what it is.

I am debating starting one last thread before I go off into the ether because in the midst of all the madness I recently spent a week on the Disney Fantasy (can't praise it enough) and another week at WDW and UNI with my favorite gal (Angie M.), a very high level German official :) .

I do have some news (nothing huge, but interesting nonetheless) and observations I'd like to get out and I won't be working at all until 2015 so ... we'll see if I can muster the interest. Guess I have some or I wouldn't be here typing this now.

Some quick thoughts though:

WDW was at least moderately busy when I was there at most parks (mostly MK and EPCOT at CP time). UNI was NOT. The UNI fanbois can crow about the quality of the product and they are right. But at both UNI/IOA EVERY attraction had waits listed at 20 minutes or less and were all essentially walk-ons ... yes, that included all the Potter attractions in each park. That was not the case at WDW. Fact.

Fat lazy people in ECVs who prevent handicapped children from getting on buses in 45 degree weather make me ill. I spent an entire bus ride from WL to MK trying to shame these worthless dregs because one of my big personality flaws is I care about what's right.

I want to live in St. John if I have to remain in the USA.

The fried chicken at the HDDR must be coated in pixie dust because it is amazing.

Meg retiring next summer. Georgie K spotted in Burbank and Paris in the last week. Yes, I am worried.

Illuminations really does have new lasers.

Enjoy the Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular while you can.

Apologies to my friends in O-Town who I didn't contact. I have limited time with Angie and meeting up this time just wasn't in the cards with a few exceptions.

Anyway, going to think about a real thread and see if I am up for it ... but please enjoy discussing politics here in light of the Sony decision.

Besides, Disney is already looking into options in Cuba and remember this post in five years. Really!
Thank you Spirit for all your contributions to this community!! We will miss you and the lively banter that follows. I hope 2015 treats you well!

doctornick

I would think that every cruise line that operate in Florida has hit the floor running regarding Cuba, no? Opening up relations with Cuba is going to have a significant impact in the tourism industry.

Edit: someone mentioned a DVC, I could see that too. I know there was some talk about a Caribbean DVC in the past and Cuba would be a reasonable place to consider.

BrerJon

So, I guess the follow up question is: last time in the current location or at all in WDW? I find it hard to believe they won't find somewhere in WDW to put them considering the crowds they draw.

The obvious place is Epcot. Stick them where the Lights of Winter used to be, and all along World Showcase Plaza... that will help draw crowds away from MK, to a park that has plenty of capacity, and leave DHS the breathing room to get on with construction.

Of course this is cheapskate Disney we're talking about, so it's far more likely they'll just leave them in a warehouse for a couple of years while construction goes on, instead of relocating them, but if they did decide to relocate that would be the sensible choice.

Phil12

So a couple of days ago Hollywood capitulated to terrorism, and today the terrorists are back with new demands.

Nobody saw that coming, right?
EXCLUSIVE: SONY HACKERS ISSUE NEW LIST OF DEMANDS: “NO MORE SEQUELS. NO MORE EIGHT-DOLLAR POPCORN."

The North Korean hackers at Sony Pictures, now emboldened by Sony cancelling its release of the comedy “The Interview", have issued a new list of demands that have been obtained exclusively by MichaelMoore.com. They are:

1. Any studio who gives away the ending of a movie in the trailer, or who has placed every single funny line that exists in a movie inside the trailer, will be shown their own particular ending.

2. No movie shall be longer than two hours. If you can’t tell your story in less than two hours, you are creatively lost and in need a new line of work. Only true masterpieces may exceed the two-hour time limit. And that doesn’t mean you, Mr. Lars von Trier.

3. Theaters may not charge patrons more for 3D movies. Studios who use 3D in a movie when it isn’t necessary, shall be met with a serious 2D response.

4. Unless the sequel you’ve made matches the quality of ‘Godfather II’, all other sequels are now banned. And if you’ve made ‘Godfather II’, that does not give you the right to make ‘Godfather III’.

5. Anyone caught texting or talking on a cell phone during a movie will be subjected to forced rectal rehydration (yes, we are plagiarizing from the CIA. So what? Nolan didn't see '2001: A Space Odyssey'?)

6. Theaters must present the movies as if they are works of art, making sure that the sound and picture are perfect, the seats are comfortable, the auditoriums are clean and no TV commercials are shown before the movie. People did not pay $12 to watch TV commercials. They paid that money to watch ‘Transformers 9’.

7. Popcorn must not cost more than $2. Any theater owner who says, ‘We make our money on the popcorn!’ shall be hence banned from selling popcorn. Theaters shall also be banned from selling pizza, sushi, sloppy joes, GoGurt®, sauerkraut or anything with curry in it.

8. Liam Neeson may continue making those ‘Taken’ movies. We like them.

The hackers stated they will have further demands forthcoming, hinting neither 'Annie' nor 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' were safe.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

The Frozen Village was added to the Storybook Canal Boats in Disneyland. A full scale version of this would be fantastic in Fantasyland. In my pipe dream, the snow covered rock work could expand and this village be placed on "it's a small world"'s footprint.

Cesar R M

EXCLUSIVE: SONY HACKERS ISSUE NEW LIST OF DEMANDS: “NO MORE SEQUELS. NO MORE EIGHT-DOLLAR POPCORN."

The North Korean hackers at Sony Pictures, now emboldened by Sony cancelling its release of the comedy “The Interview", have issued a new list of demands that have been obtained exclusively by MichaelMoore.com. They are:

“1. Any studio who gives away the ending of a movie in the trailer, or who has placed every single funny line that exists in a movie inside the trailer, will be shown their own particular ending.

“2. No movie shall be longer than two hours. If you can’t tell your story in less than two hours, you are creatively lost and in need a new line of work. Only true masterpieces may exceed the two-hour time limit. And that doesn’t mean you, Mr. Lars von Trier.

“3. Theaters may not charge patrons more for 3D movies. Studios who use 3D in a movie when it isn’t necessary, shall be met with a serious 2D response.

“4. Unless the sequel you’ve made matches the quality of ‘Godfather II’, all other sequels are now banned. And if you’ve made ‘Godfather II’, that does not give you the right to make ‘Godfather III’.

“5. Anyone caught texting or talking on a cell phone during a movie will be subjected to forced rectal rehydration (yes, we are plagiarizing from the CIA. So what? Nolan didn't see '2001: A Space Odyssey'?)

“6. Theaters must present the movies as if they are works of art, making sure that the sound and picture are perfect, the seats are comfortable, the auditoriums are clean and no TV commercials are shown before the movie. People did not pay $12 to watch TV commercials. They paid that money to watch ‘Transformers 9’.

“7. Popcorn must not cost more than $2. Any theater owner who says, ‘We make our money on the popcorn!’ shall be hence banned from selling popcorn. Theaters shall also be banned from selling pizza, sushi, sloppy joes, GoGurt®, sauerkraut or anything with curry in it.

“8. Liam Neeson may continue making those ‘Taken’ movies. We like them.”
The hackers stated they will have further demands forthcoming, hinting neither 'Annie' nor 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2' were safe.
those are hilarious and actually helpful XD

Mike S

The Frozen Village was added to the Storybook Canal Boats in Disneyland. A full scale version of this would be fantastic in Fantasyland. In my pipe dream, the snow covered rock work could expand and this village be placed on "it's a small world"'s footprint.
If only...........
image.jpg

That mountainous background could rival Cars Land at full scale.

EDIT: found more pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Smiddimizer

“1. Any studio who gives away the ending of a movie in the trailer, or who has placed every single funny line that exists in a movie inside the trailer, will be shown their own particular ending.

“2. No movie shall be longer than two hours. If you can’t tell your story in less than two hours, you are creatively lost and in need a new line of work. Only true masterpieces may exceed the two-hour time limit. And that doesn’t mean you, Mr. Lars von Trier.

“3. Theaters may not charge patrons more for 3D movies. Studios who use 3D in a movie when it isn’t necessary, shall be met with a serious 2D response.

“4. Unless the sequel you’ve made matches the quality of ‘Godfather II’, all other sequels are now banned. And if you’ve made ‘Godfather II’, that does not give you the right to make ‘Godfather III’.

“5. Anyone caught texting or talking on a cell phone during a movie will be subjected to forced rectal rehydration (yes, we are plagiarizing from the CIA. So what? Nolan didn't see '2001: A Space Odyssey'?)

“6. Theaters must present the movies as if they are works of art, making sure that the sound and picture are perfect, the seats are comfortable, the auditoriums are clean and no TV commercials are shown before the movie. People did not pay $12 to watch TV commercials. They paid that money to watch ‘Transformers 9’.

“7. Popcorn must not cost more than $2. Any theater owner who says, ‘We make our money on the popcorn!’ shall be hence banned from selling popcorn. Theaters shall also be banned from selling pizza, sushi, sloppy joes, GoGurt®, sauerkraut or anything with curry in it.

“8. Liam Neeson may continue making those ‘Taken’ movies. We like them.”

Can they just, like, invade already? :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom