What Will Break Ground First?

What expansion will break ground first (if at all)?

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Carsland

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Star Wars Land

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Something at Universal (not HP, Tranformers, or Springfield)

Votes: 44 33.1%

• Total voters

PrincessNelly_NJ

I still like Disney better than Universal. Mostly because it's a LOT bigger, with a lot more to do.
You are entitled to prefer WDW over Universal.
For me, bigger doesn't equal better though. Most people would argue that Disneyland is leaps and bounds better than Disney World.
Universal Studios has more rides than HS & AK combined.
IOA has more rides than Epcot.
They both have water parks. Disney has two but Universal will be getting another one too. (TL/BB are must dos for me... They are both probably my favorite parks in WDW... yes, even above MK.:cautious::D)

MK definitely is where most of the rides are in WDW, but like I said before quality over quantity for me. MK is full of omnimovers, spinners, and boat rides.
Now don't get me wrong.. I love Haunted Mansion, Peoplemover, and my mountains... Space Mountain and BTMRR are probably my favorite rides in WDW only second to Everest. But for thrills seekers... there isn't much to do.

I like them both though... I wish it was possible to have the quality of Universal with the size of WDW.

Nick Wilde

You are entitled to prefer WDW over Universal.
For me, bigger doesn't equal better though. Most people would argue that Disneyland is leaps and bounds better than Disney World.
Universal Studios has more rides than HS & AK combined.
IOA has more rides than Epcot.
They both have water parks. Disney has two but Universal will be getting another one too. (TL/BB are must dos for me... They are both probably my favorite parks in WDW... yes, even above MK.:cautious::D)

MK definitely is where most of the rides are in WDW, but like I said before quality over quantity for me. MK is full of omnimovers, spinners, and boat rides.
Now don't get me wrong.. I love Haunted Mansion, Peoplemover, and my mountains... Space Mountain and BTMRR are probably my favorite rides in WDW only second to Everest. But for thrills seekers... there isn't much to do.

I like them both though... I wish it was possible to have the quality of Universal with the size of WDW.
I find that Disney has LOTS of thrill rides. Like Space, Splash, Everest, Test Track, Mission: Space, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Kali River Rapids, and Dinosaur. I love thrills, but who says your chest needs to hurt at the end of the ride for it to be a thrill ride?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I find that Disney has LOTS of thrill rides. Like Space, Splash, Everest, Test Track, Mission: Space, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Kali River Rapids, and Dinosaur. I love thrills, but who says your chest needs to hurt at the end of the ride for it to be a thrill ride?
See for me, Test track, Mission Space, Star Tours, Kali River Rapids, and Dinosaur are hardly thrilling. They are fun but not thrilling for me. In fact, Kali & Dinosaur don't excite me at all, I just kind of sit there... LOL.
But these are just my personal feelings. ;)

PrincessNelly_NJ

As for this, both of those parks are going through expansions.

And Uni studios is full of simulators. I'm not a big fan of simulators. AT ALL.
Yes both parks are going through expansions, and IOA is continuing to add rides as well.

And no offense, but if simulators aren't your thing then you must not be excited about the new ride coming to Avatar land, star tours, Soarin, or Mission Space either.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
And no offense, but if simulators aren't your thing then you must not be excited about the new ride coming to Avatar land, star tours, Soarin, or Mission Space either.
Boom.
Not to mention, there are really only three simulators at USO: Shrek, Despicable Me, and Simpsons. Other attractions heavily use simulation elements, but definitely actually change location as well.

Disneyhead'71

As for this, both of those parks are going through expansions.

And Uni studios is full of simulators. I'm not a big fan of simulators. AT ALL.
After 25 years of aggressive expansion, DHS has worked it's way up to a grand total of 5 rides. But maybe we should just cut them a little slack. Disney is a business and the execs have private schools and private islands to pay for. Jeez Louise, where is everyone's heart?

And if by choked full of simulators you mean 3 then yes Universal Resort Orlando is choked full of simulators.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

I don't know...I mean, I completely understand how Uni is working a lot harder than WDW's parks, but I feel WDW is still a better overall experience. Plus, you have to consider that Disney has other resort-wide and necessary capacity-related projects to take place because of its size that Uni doesn't. I'm going to make a point to visit Uni next trip because of how its doing, though it has a way to go in certain areas for my taste that I don't like because I didn't grow up with them, and the simulators (Yes, I know you will claim Uni is not that simulator heavy, but I got sick on Simpsons and Despicable Me, while I don't on say Star Tours or Soarin which I feel fine. I could have just not been feeling well on my Uni trip perhaps.).

CP_alum08

Universal put all of its creative juices into Potter, and Disney is value-engineering Frozen.
"Value engineering"??? Are you kidding me?! I assume you're talking about the Malestrom refurb...in which case they're just being cheap. It baffles me that Disney isn't fast-tracking a stand alone Frozen attraction. Dump a couple hundred million into a GREAT attraction instead of makeshift one, give people something to be really excited about.

I'm not the biggest fan of Frozen but if they really are going to milk it for all it's worth, which it seems like what they are trying to do, why not do it right?

CP_alum08

I don't know...I mean, I completely understand how Uni is working a lot harder than WDW's parks, but I feel WDW is still a better overall experience. Plus, you have to consider that Disney has other resort-wide and necessary capacity-related projects to take place because of its size that Uni doesn't. I'm going to make a point to visit Uni next trip because of how its doing, though it has a way to go in certain areas for my taste that I don't like because I didn't grow up with them, and the simulators (Yes, I know you will claim Uni is not that simulator heavy, but I got sick on Simpsons and Despicable Me, while I don't on say Star Tours or Soarin which I feel fine. I could have just not been feeling well on my Uni trip perhaps.).
Get your well thought out and well written response out of here :) don't you know this is an Internet forum!!

Tony Perkis

"Value engineering"??? Are you kidding me?! I assume you're talking about the Malestrom refurb...in which case they're just being cheap. It baffles me that Disney isn't fast-tracking a stand alone Frozen attraction. Dump a couple hundred million into a GREAT attraction instead of makeshift one, give people something to be really excited about.

I'm not the biggest fan of Frozen but if they really are going to milk it for all it's worth, which it seems like what they are trying to do, why not do it right?
Value engineering was the nice way to put it. It namely means to put less than desired capital into the investment. Compound that with Disney's aggravating tendency to improperly utilize its allowed resources (excess waste in spending), and you've got a star attraction made on the cheap. The lemmings at Theme Park Review may love it, as well as their 6 year old counterparts, but the film deserves a greater spot in the World.

For the record, I'm not a big Frozen fan either. Not only is it one of Robert Lopez's lesser musical efforts (The Book of Mormon and Avenue Q are far, far superior), but I don't even put the film in the top 15 movie musicals of the past 15 years.

It's a far cry from Wreck-It Ralph, which I still view as the crown jewel of DAS's recent efforts.

Tony Perkis

That's fine. Nobody will argue against personal preference. The tendency of people on these forums, myself very much included, to snap at so-called Pixie-Dusters/Snorters has more to do with the relay of incorrect information or contradictory viewpoints when comparing the two resorts.

i.e., criticizing the visible show buildings at Universal, acting as if Disney is not guilty of the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom