Is it possible to get Magic Bands earlier?

PHS79

Original Poster
My parents, like usual, are heading south for a couple of months this winter. This year they decided to do spend a month or so in Florida and are meeting us at WDW to staying with us for part of our trip. They are thinking of leaving either the end of January or very early February. I know that usually Magic Bands are usually sent out sometime about 3 weeks before the arrival date which is fine for us, but my parents will either be down south somewhere by then or on their way. Do you know if there is any way that we could get our, or even just my parents, MBs sent out earlier?

My parents reservations and itinerary is all under my name. It is not a huge deal if we have to take their MBs with us to WDW. The day that my parents are arriving to WDW we (my DD, DW and I) are checking out of CBR, transferring luggage and checking into an AoA Cars suite, and we (DD, DW, I) also have 810am ADR at Crystal Palace that day. I guess at worst it just means that the "rents" would have to call me when they get to MK and I would have to go outside the gates to give their MBs to them. But if there is a way to get our MBs before they my parents leave that would probably be the easiest. Unless you know of a different way?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You will have to call Disney and ask. Since everything is under your name, it is highly unlikely they will split the MagicBand order. But they may be willing to ship them earlier.

FrostyNaples

Not currently.

This is one of those situations where one hand does not communicate with the other.

Also, shipping times may vary, and on some occasions not at all, and would be awaiting your arrival at the front desk.

Our first trip early summer, they were here like 28 days ahead.

The early fall trip, they were here 3 weeks ahead.

The last trip in Nov, they just made it to us only 1 week in advance.

When you call customer service, they usually just tell you to watch the website, or keep calling back for tracking info. They really have nothing to do with the process.

wannabeBelle

Im sure that they could and they would advise you to go into the system and deactivate the other bands. The new bands would be the plain gray ones with no names on them though. The other option is to have the bands sent to the hotel, if you arrival is that soon, I think the ruling is under 10 days. I have never had this happen though and have gone quite a few times since the bands came out. I have always gotten them really quickly after the customization was done. If you go into the My Disney Experience site, it will tell you when they are customized and shipped. I have always gotten them within 2 days of the ship date. Marie

DisneyJill

If you're not able to get them, I would assume they would simply replace them with the grey bands at check in. It would be no different than if you forgot your bands at home.

dreamfinder

If you customize them after the 30 days, they would be waiting at the front desk. So if they plan on checking in to the hotel, you should be able to only claim part of the order, and have the front desk give them theirs when they arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom