Valhalla Golf - Rickie Fowler's trousers

NYwdwfan

Believe it or not, AS totally lost it, foaming at the mouth, over Son #2's treatment of me.

Believe it. I hope I'm not overstepping here - but from what you've shared (and I'm sure you haven't shared everything) - I'd like to give that kid a tail whoopin' from time to time and I'm sure a kid who appreciates the generosity and accommodations provided by a self-less individual such as yourself would be sickened by someone taking it for granted.

Nemo14

I have to say - I'm not sure if this story is funny or sad (or both) - it's reminding me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12...ay-have-cost-paterson-principal-her-position/

PATERSON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Some serious misspellings on a school sign may have cost a principal her position.

It’s prominently positioned over the entryway at Paterson’s Public School Number 20, but it took more than a week for anyone to take notice and fix the glaring mistakes on the school’s sign. As CBS2’s Vanessa Murdock reported, the controversial sign included misspellings of the words ‘December’ and ‘reports’ which were spelled ‘Dicember’ and ‘reepor’ respectively. The number ‘1’ was also backwards.

“How horrible. How are you going to teach the kids? How are you going to teach the kids when you can’t spell the simple month of December?” Betty Mack said. It took a Facebook for someone to actually bring it to the school’s attention. That someone was parent and Paterson Board of Education member Corey Teague.

At first, Teague thought the picture was fake.

“At first I didn’t believe it was, I thought it was PhotoShopped or something,” Teague said. When he found out it was the real deal, he became angry.
“We can’t assume because it’s an urban district — inner-city — that things like this can be swept over. If it were a suburban neighborhood parents would be outraged, disgusted,” Teague said. Teague’s goal is to make sure that no sign posted on a Paterson school looks like this one again, but there may have been more fallout than intended. The principal, Antoinette Young, was reassigned.

The district wouldn’t confirm that the misspellings were the reason for her move, and some parents said the principal shouldn’t take the fall for someone else’s misspellings. “They don’t talk about all the good things she’s done with the kids. We’re sad to see her go,” Linda Martinez said.

A district spokesperson told CBS2 that Principal Young has been reassigned as a vice principal to another school.

There's no excuse for poor spelling by anyone involved in public education, be it teachers, administrators, or school board members.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Believe it. I hope I'm not overstepping here - but from what you've shared (and I'm sure you haven't shared everything) - I'd like to give that kid a tail whoopin' from time to time and I'm sure a kid who appreciates the generosity and accommodations provided by a self-less individual such as yourself would be sickened by someone taking it for granted.
Yep. That's pretty much how it went.

trr1

7 Historical Events That Took Place on Christmas

1. 800: Charlemagne is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
2. 1066: William the Conqueror is crowned king of England.
3. 1776: George Washington and the Continental Army cross the Delaware River.
4. 1814: The Treaty of Ghent ends the War of 1812.
5. 1868: President Andrew Johnson issues a final pardon to Confederate soldiers.
6. 1914: The World War I Christmas Truce is reached.
7. 1968: Apollo 8 orbits the moon.

Lucky

7 Historical Events That Took Place on Christmas

1. 800: Charlemagne is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
2. 1066: William the Conqueror is crowned king of England.
3. 1776: George Washington and the Continental Army cross the Delaware River.
4. 1814: The Treaty of Ghent ends the War of 1812.
5. 1868: President Andrew Johnson issues a final pardon to Confederate soldiers.
6. 1914: The World War I Christmas Truce is reached.
7. 1968: Apollo 8 orbits the moon.
Those were mostly good things. I'm not a big fan of William the Conqueror.

acishere

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror

He was a real b*****d. Seriously, he was called William the B*****d, until he started conquering things.
No relation to this guy though:
maxresdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom