where to stay

• AoA...no worries, there's enough room

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Take the two value rooms, the 4 beds are worth it

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

MJWeiss

Original Poster
just wanted a quick poll on what I should do...
We'll be heading back to Disney in April for 8 days, myself, my wife, son 12, son 10, daughter 5, and our babysitter 17 will be joining us this trip.

We go every year and stay at POR in the 5 person room, but with six of us going this year we are thinking of staying at Art of Animation.

I guess my question is on cramping at bedtime with 2 bigger kids, a medium kid, and a small left to decide between a Murphy table bed and a pull out sofa, or would it be a better fit to book 2 connector rooms at Pop or an All Star and take the 4 beds?

My boys are all-in on the Cars suite, I'm just worried about their sleeping arrangements after long days in the parks, and how they'll hold up sleeping a week on a pull out. Are these 2 extra "beds" comfy and roomy enough for two kids each, and are the suites really designed for 6 "comfortably"?

Sorry for being long winded, but thanks for any input.

PREMiERdrum

I'm assuming the 12 and 10 year olds share a bed, with the 5 year old bunks with the babysitter? The bed for the boys - be it the pull out or the Murphy - might be a little tight.

However, if you spend any amount of time in your room besides just to sleep, the abundance of space in the family suite will more than make up for it. Add in the kitchenette and the ability to get a little privacy for the grownups and I'd say that an AoA Family Suite is the best of the options you presented.

Disney Karen

It sounds like the AoA suite would be absolutely perfect for you all! It's Will your boys do okay sharing a bed? That is probably your bigger question! :)

HollyAD

We had 6 people, mostly adults, in our AoA room and had plenty of room. It was nice to have an optional living room type area and kitchenette. We needed the kitchenette for our 5 y/o. The AoA resort is amazing for a value resort. The pool is pretty awesome and the food court is very good. You will enjoy it for sure.

docdebbi

there should be plenty of ROOM, but I think the 17 year old babysitter deserves more privacy than these suites provide. you are bringing 12 and 10 year old boys, she shouldn't have to be changing in a bathroom (only place I can imagine she could do this) and I am not sure she should be running around in sleeping attire in front of them.
just my old fashion prudish opinion. if she were my daughter, I would not be pleased with this set up.
Unless of course, you plan to give her the one and only bedroom with the master bath...........

Last edited:

Matt_Black

there should be plenty of ROOM, but I think they 17 year old babysitter deserves more privacy than these suites provide. you are bringing 12 and 10 year old boys, she shouldn't have to nr changing in a bathroom (only place I can imagine she could do this) and I am not sure she should be running around in sleeping attire in front of them.
just my old fashion prudish opinion. if she were my daughter, I would not be pleased with this set up.
Unless of course, you plan to give her the one and only bedroom with the master bath...........

That's actually a good point. The 12 year old especially is near that point where he might be very interested in what goes on.

smk

there should be plenty of ROOM, but I think the 17 year old babysitter deserves more privacy than these suites provide. you are bringing 12 and 10 year old boys, she shouldn't have to be changing in a bathroom (only place I can imagine she could do this) and I am not sure she should be running around in sleeping attire in front of them.
I agree. Stay at POP, two room plus the AoA food court is a short walk away. This way the babysitter gets her privacy, which she deserves and she can sleep with the 5 year old in the room and the boys can share a bigger more comfy bed.

Mouse_Trap

Rent a multi-bed villa off-site for the fraction of the cost.

Have more lots more space, more like a Disney Deluxe category rather than just having a motel room. As you're looking at Pop/AoA, there are many off-site location which are almost as close to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom