More Cruise questions from a Newbie!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My wife and I have ours, but I don't think they give out passports for infants, do they?
Yep. Infants can (and if required for travel, require) have issued passports.

My sister and I actually have...2 of them from our childhood (my sister would have been 6 months or so old the first time we traveled with her across borders...because back then there was no EU, and passports and papers weren't as uncommon a process as they are today over there). One was our military issue, the other was for civilian travel (long story about that...).

Disneyfalcon

I knew I wasn't losing it. BTW, I paid my cruise off for next year. WOOHOO

Woohoo! :)

We think the important difference being discussed here is whether a photocopy BC will work to get you on a cruise (which it appears it will) versus what a BC will apparently not do, which is to get you home from a foreign port if you have to disembark for any reason (i.e. medical). A closed loop cruise starts and ends in the US. Thus, although visiting foreign countries, passengers are apparently not really travelling to or travelling from these foreign countries either as a point of origin or destination, for which a passport is required. The point being made is that although a BC photocopy will suffice for cruise purposes, there are other, arguably more important reasons, to travel with a passport. We know we would not leave home without ours.

True. While a birth certificate will work for a cruise, Disney highly recommends all passengers get passports. While there are emergency repatriation laws that would get you back to the US in an emergency if you were travelling without a passport, there would certainly be a delay there. If you can get passports - do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom