Possible Idea for How to Free up the Northeast area of Disneyland

InfiniteRightEar97

Original Poster
Hey, InfiniteRightEar here, and for my first thread I'd like to discuss an idea I had on how to free up the Northeastern part of Disneyland (CA) to be used for expansion. For those who don't know what area I'm talking about, let me detail it to you. This is the area above the Matterhorn next to Small World, that is currently occupied by Autopia, the Disneyland Monorail, the former People mover track, and the show building for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. This spot is prime real estate for use of a new area/attraction, but with this project there comes several obstacles that have to be overcome in order to free up the area (mainly the attractions that are currently using that space) and I'll address each on that I know of individually. First off...

The People Mover Track
Starting off our obstacle list is the long gone, fan favorite attraction, the people mover. This will be the easiest of the adjustments since my plan involves removing the track that goes over the Autopia/Subs area and reworking the track to go down to the monorail station before continuing onto the Buzz Lightyear building.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Perhaps one of the somewhat simpler or more complex changes listed here (depending on which option is used), the Submarine Voyage will go thru a remodeling of the infrastructure of the show building to allow for another structure to be built on top of it, or if all else fails, the subs would be taken out completely, minus the lagoon (which would be remodeled in this case)

The Disneyland Monorail
One attraction that will for sure be staying thru this remodeling is the classic DL Monorail. This will undergo a major layout change to have the tomorrowland station "moved" to where Pizza Port is currently occupied. The track will enter from the hub/drop off area, over the train (between the primeval world and grand canyon showbuildings), thru a tunnel so guest won't seem much backstage at all, into the new station where Pizza Port used to be (a restaurant will occupy the Magic Eye Theater space as replacement), circle around the Innoventions space, and then proceed to DCA. The warehouse most likely would stay where it is currently (next to Small World), with just a switch on the track near the DL Railroad Tomorrowland station. To save cost where they can be made (since monorail track costs a lot of money), as many pieces of the original track will be recycled for the new layout as possible.

Autopia
The classic Disneyland autopia has an uncertain certain future in this plan. One possible change for Autopia is the perhaps most requested idea, which is to move it to Carsland (in place of Bugsland, I'd rethemed to Sarge's boot camp with a whole army training camp feel). Another way to preserve Autopia is to combine it with the peoplemover to allow for the return of the people mover, but with the guest being able to control the vehicles (either in the form a car using the "New Hope" trick of using mirrors to make it look like it's hovering, or a somewhat controllable robot arm as the vehicles). To go out on a limb, autopia could be relocated to a Wreck-it Ralph themed area in a third park and rethemed to Sugar Rush. The unfortunate option is a complete removal of Autopia.

Other than what I plan to occupy the space(I'll get to that later if you guys want to hear about it), that should wrap up my idea on how to free up the Northeast area of Disneyland. So what do you think of this?

InfiniteRightEar97

Original Poster
I like your ideas, but what are your plans for this area? That's what I'm curious for.;)

Thanks orlando678, my current plan is to fit a frozen area in this space (I've done a few concepts on how it can work that include an Arendelle kingdom area with the castle, Oaken's Outpost, and Elsa's Ice Palace and a few attractions of course)

InfiniteRightEar97

Original Poster
That's all right, but I remind you that a Frozen concept has been already been thouht and it's currently under construction. They use the Maelstrom space on Epcot (Norwegian Pavillion) in order to do a Frozen project.
Why did they choose that instead of Magic Kingdom?
Well you can find the answer here my friend:
http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2014/9/19/maelstrom-a-victim-of-timing.html

Well bringing a movie into ride form isn't unique, and frozen is getting another attraction (possibly a land) in Tokyo DL, so it's likely to come to all the D parks

JoseLorenzo

Well bringing a movie into ride form isn't unique, and frozen is getting another attraction (possibly a land) in Tokyo DL, so it's likely to come to all the D parks
Yes, but your information about how to free up the Northeast Area is great though.
I was also thinking of projects about Frozen when I found out that they were already building it...

orlando678-

Can we #savemaelstrom? A hashtag is yet to save anything at a theme park. But perhaps the idea of a bigger, better, more lucrative, Harry Potter-challenging mini-land, complete with restaurants, high-capacity ride (or rides!), merch merch merch, and lots and lots of Olaf jokes (keep these to a minimum, please) would appeal to the decision-makers in Orlando and Burbank.

This would be great. Save Maelstrom and get a whole new land for it.

I have a way for opening up new fantasyland for new rides, get rid of IASW. The theming in Fantasyland, Orlando isn't great. The facade is ugly and the ride just needs something, so maybe a new pavilion for World Showcase. The IASW building will of course adapt a bit to Epcot's theme but not too much. I can imagine a great clock there at the lake hosting the illuminations show. Also maybe the new Epcot ride could have a new feature in the ride. Just see it as what Tokyo new fantasyland wants to do but then to another park, where I personally think it fits way better+ Epcot doesn't showcase the fact of peace around the Globe that much and with help of IASW, they do. If they open up that area they have enough space for lots of new fantasy kingdoms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom