Auditioning for Disney Cruise Line

YoJDew

Hey @Jonathan Dalecki! Congrats on getting so far in the process! Even if you don't book the job this time around, Disney keeps files on performers they are interested in for a long time. [Source - I'm a Casting Director and have worked with Disney in the past.] Be sure to keep auditioning if you don't get it now. I know lots of actors who played the "long game" with Disney and eventually became Cast Members (as in, Cast in the show on stage)! Keep your nose clean and your social media profiles scrubbed of anything that Disney would consider inappropriate. Not that you would have any such thing!!

Congrats, and please keep us posted if you hear anything!

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
Hey, @AnxiousAllie! No news yet, but truth be told, I wouldn't stress...I did some digging around on the interwebs, finding any info I could, and it looks like sometimes there's a bit of a wait in hearing. One article I found mentioned a girl who was cast on the Fantasy, and only found out a month before rehearsals. Given that this job would begin at the end of January we may all have a few weeks of waiting ahead of us. Also this thread, while a few years old, seems to indicate the same wait:

http://www.disboards.com/archive/index.php/t-2430772.html

And thanks, @YoJDew...I have a pretty clean social media profile (I'm the most boring tweeter alive), but still solid advice. :)

Theatregal9

Oh my word! Can I come commiserate with you guys on here too? I auditioned for DCL in September and was called back for Jasmine. I've been waiting like a crazy person to hear back, but am assuming since I haven't heard by now, they probably won't call. But I guess you never know...they don't start rehearsals til January! Anyways, I just keep wishing I had other Disney lovers to talk with about all this!

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
I'm kind of operating under the assumption that if you were called back, you'll hear yes or no. Seems logical to me that they'd extend that courtesy to the people who they asked to see again. I'm not basing that on anything I know, but rather guessing based on how other theaters I've worked with operate. Congratulations on your callback...hopefully we'll all know something soon.

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
Ugh, great, more reason to be nervous, if calls are already starting to go out. Still have my fingers crossed, but the fact that my phone hasn't rung yet makes me nervous. I'd been feeling pretty confident, but it's fading now.

AnxiousAllie

My friend is going through exactly the same thing. I'm not sure how they do it- like whether they all go out at once or what. Fingers crossed for you though!

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
Nope, haven't heard anything yet. There is, however, one more audition coming up on December 4, looking for a Buzz Lightyear, Hades, and Dr. Greenaway (for either the Dream or the Fantasy, so this isn't the Magic job that I've already auditioned for). It seems to be a last minute thing, because it wasn't listed on their website two weeks ago and now it is. I'm thinking about heading back up to New York and giving that one a try.

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
With the next auditions coming up, I emailed the Disney Auditions people to check if I was good to go for those, and what the status might be for the Magic auditions. They emailed back and said that casting was still going on for the next few weeks, but that I could also audition for the Dream/Fantasy on 12/4. So apparently they're still making decisions and I'm not out of the running yet!

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
Oh, I will come here to post any result from this Thursday. It's also going to be my last audition for Disney. My wife has had the patience of a saint in letting me pursue this, but I'm not just going to go for it indefinitely. Especially now that I'm 35.

Jonathan Dalecki

Original Poster
Doesn't look like I got lucky this time around. Oh well. The process of going for this was a real blast. I'm a delaware theater Guy, so getting to audition in front of the Disney cruise people was such a great experience. Can't wait to go on my next cruise and see who I recognize from auditions. Thanks to all of you on here who cheered me on...it was great to have your support!

MaryJaneP

Thank you for a very entertaining and informative telling of your journey through the audition process. We are sorry it did not work out this time, but it seems you have a great attitude and a plethora of additional opportunities coming your way. Best wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom