Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

dstrawn9889

And not a single bench in sight!

Just got back from six days in Anaheim, and both DL and DCA have benches galore to relax on and people watch. I have the pictures to prove it. MK needs to get an attitude adjustment and provide someplace to sit down other than on the ground.
cannot have benches and places to sit in a traffic lane, there is simply too many people that have to move through the area to allow people to plaque up an artery of this size.

Sage of Time

Just got back from six days in Anaheim, and both DL and DCA have benches galore to relax on and people watch. I have the pictures to prove it. MK needs to get an attitude adjustment and provide someplace to sit down other than on the ground.
MK has quite a few great areas to sit and relax in. I'm sure the art is more focused on the actual physical layout of the thing than the benches that will inevitably be added.

ABQ

cannot have benches and places to sit in a traffic lane, there is simply too many people that have to move through the area to allow people to plaque up an artery of this size.
Was at Epcot a few weeks ago and noticed the dumbest thing in terms of bench placement.
Along the walkway from the front gate to the bus stops, long before you reach the buses, but well after you exit the gates, they have a ton, maybe 15 or so benches along that route. A place very few would ever consider stopping at. Nothing to see but maybe a squirrel chasing all the acorns. Makes me think these benches may have once all been AT the bus stops, where I'd like one many times, but no, in the purgatory area between one place and another is where they dumped them all.

meyeet

That was a rendered drawing by a fellow WDWMagic member @MarkTwain to give us a general idea of where the final paths would be. That is not Disney released concept art so there is probably lots missing from the final product.

Goofyernmost

Was at Epcot a few weeks ago and noticed the dumbest thing in terms of bench placement.
Along the walkway from the front gate to the bus stops, long before you reach the buses, but well after you exit the gates, they have a ton, maybe 15 or so benches along that route. A place very few would ever consider stopping at. Nothing to see but maybe a squirrel chasing all the acorns. Makes me think these benches may have once all been AT the bus stops, where I'd like one many times, but no, in the purgatory area between one place and another is where they dumped them all.
I can understand removing them from the bus stops. Just the one time that I used the buses to go and come from the parks, I saw and had the pleasure of hearing a shouting match because the people sitting on the benches felt that they were there first and should get on the bus first even though they left the queue to sit. No benches, no fights. My new slogan for WDW is... we get what we deserve.

G00fyDad

That's not exactly what it will look like. That is a photoshopped image of the general layout. If you look at current work progress images people are posting you will see short walls, lamps, etc. I am sure there will be benches.

Bolt

That's not exactly what it will look like. That is a photoshopped image of the general layout. If you look at current work progress images people are posting you will see short walls, lamps, etc. I am sure there will be benches.
And my guess is larger trees on the outer hub so people don't stop and watch fireworks and such as the goal is to keep things moving.

Clamman73

I don't believe there has been an official completion date, but the permit for the project expires November 17th, 2015, so I would expect the work to continue well into 2015.

Here is a picture of what it will look like.

Main-Street-USA_Full_20414.jpg

Here's a screen grab from the Disney Parks video.
mkhub.jpeg

raymusiccity

I don't believe there has been an official completion date, but the permit for the project expires November 17th, 2015, so I would expect the work to continue well into 2015.

Here is a picture of what it will look like.

Main-Street-USA_Full_20414.jpg
I guess that's someone's educated guess, since it has some obvious mistakes from what has already been completed. The old swan boat landing has already been demolished, and neither of the new towers are shown.

BernardandBianca

I am sure there will be benches.

Why? They've been removing them like crazy over the past couple of years.

dstrawn9889 said:

Disneyland appears to have solved this problem, with more people and smaller traffic lanes.

WP_20141209_003.jpg
WP_20141210_008.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom