Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

jrh1985

Well - this isn't the MSEP. DL's new parade will feature most if not all of the floats from Paint the Night, as well as several new ones. At one time, HKDL and DL were set to get individual, separate light parades but DL drug its feet after some creative problems arose. By the time DL decided to get serious about a new light parade for the 60th, the option that made the most sense was cloning Paint the Night and adding onto it. MiceAge was indeed correct when they reported that our version will not have show stops like HKDL's.

On the note of music, MSEP was created using the most cutting edge electronic synth music available at the time. Paint the Night did the same thing by creating a soundtrack using the most current electronic sound available, and personally, I think the soundtrack knocks it out of the park. The soundtrack will be different for DL's show as there will be other units involved, but from what I understand it will use most of the Paint the Night soundtrack as its basis.
So, it will include the MSEP Mixes? That will be nice to hear again on MS! I think PTN's MSEP music is better than LM's MSEP music. Any updates on What the name will be? PTN?
The nighttime parade sounds cool and everything, but I'm more interested in the new firework show, rumored to be called "Story in the Sky."
Where did you hear that name? Or are just calling it that for now?

jrh1985

Here's the official rehab schedule for both parks, as of Dec. 16:
sfDlMmS.png

As you can see, Peter Pan is still off the list. Have they given up on that?
I saw Pan's Flight referb on Monday's MC's DL Weekly Update: http://micechat.com/89750-fantasmic-fastpass-disneyland/

Could that be new or wrong info?

TTA94

So Stitch Kingdom dropped this nugget. Is Tokyo dropping this already?

"The Disneyland Resort will also receive Tokyo’s 30th anniversary parade, ‘Happiness is Here’ — it is unknown if it will replace Soundsational at Disneyland or Pixar Play Parade at Disney California Adventure (though good money should be placed on the latter)."

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...ess-here-parade-hong-kongs-paint-night-73775/

I highly doubt that will happen. One reason being the floats are way to large for Disneyland.

jrh1985

I highly doubt that will happen. One reason being the floats are way to large for Disneyland.
Whether it's true or not, The bigger question here is: Is TDR really thinking about canning HIH???? It's a fine parade for TDL and I've seen no plans involing HIH for 2015. Dreamlights is set for renewal in July 2015. No info found yet on if it will have referb time/Nightfall Glow going every night. With today's AWESOME Audition find, 4 of 5 Disney Kingdoms will have night parades next year!

Travel Junkie

I have my doubts too. It would have to be DCA with the wider pathways and likely would have to address the Red Car wires in Hollywoodland and Carthay Circle. Interesting thought none the less.

GiveMeTheMusic

If DLR is getting HIH (and this is the first I've heard of it) it will be a clone and not TDR's version. And if we get it, I would imagine it would be going into DCA and not DL, where the float size isn't an issue. DCA is also in need of a new daytime parade as PPP ages, while DL's parade is relatively new.

GiveMeTheMusic

HIH would also need some retooling if it were to run in DCA to avoid being redundant with Soundsational, but luckily, there aren't too many overlapping units - just Mary Poppins and the princesses.

jrh1985

Just checked DLR's online calendar for Jan., Fantasy In The Sky is now on the calendar, starting Jan 9.
Of course DL has it at 9:15AM! Honestly!:rolleyes:

Sage of Time

Well - this isn't the MSEP. DL's new parade will feature most if not all of the floats from Paint the Night, as well as several new ones. At one time, HKDL and DL were set to get individual, separate light parades but DL drug its feet after some creative problems arose. By the time DL decided to get serious about a new light parade for the 60th, the option that made the most sense was cloning Paint the Night and adding onto it. MiceAge was indeed correct when they reported that our version will not have show stops like HKDL's.

On the note of music, MSEP was created using the most cutting edge electronic synth music available at the time. Paint the Night did the same thing by creating a soundtrack using the most current electronic sound available, and personally, I think the soundtrack knocks it out of the park. The soundtrack will be different for DL's show as there will be other units involved, but from what I understand it will use most of the Paint the Night soundtrack as its basis.
eh. I wasn't too impressed with HKDL's soundtrack. I'd prefer something more traditional.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm not. Obviously it was a typo.

Yes, it was a typo, but it's really no big deal. I was talking about the anniversary in general. I can tell you're really excited to know what's going on because you have so many questions. The thing is, a lot of your questions can't be answered because none of us are TDA faculty and it's too early. Waiting and seeing is the best we can do right now, until a announcement is made. I'm excited for the anniversary, too.

Sorry if I offended you or came off rude.

TP2000

I REALLY hope the parade isn't a lift from Hong Kong. That parade is nice, but far too much pop music and pixar. There need to be more MSEP in MSEP for it to really shine.

@GiveMeTheMusic already summed it all up, and I hate to pile on, but I just have to get this off my chest.

The MSEP is dead, and that's okay. The MSEP was born when Richard Nixon was President, and it lasted way too long when it finally closed in November, 1996. It only got drug up from the dead in July of '01 because TDA was panicking after DCA opened in February of '01 and the park fell flat on its face.

It's almost 2015. It's time to do something different than early 1970's technology of Christmas lights strung over chicken wire, and something where the most recent movie represented in a parade is Pete's Dragon from 1978. Pete's Dragon?!?

Paint The Night, or whatever the Anaheim version is called, can roll right over the grave of MSEP and create a new legacy for the late 2010's and 2020's.

Sage of Time

@GiveMeTheMusic already summed it all up, and I hate to pile on, but I just have to get this off my chest.

The MSEP is dead, and that's okay. The MSEP was born when Richard Nixon was President, and it lasted way too long when it finally closed in November, 1996. It only got drug up from the dead in July of '01 because TDA was panicking after DCA opened in February of '01 and the park fell flat on its face.

It's almost 2015. It's time to do something different than early 1970's technology of Christmas lights strung over chicken wire, and something where the most recent movie represented in a parade is Pete's Dragon from 1978. Pete's Dragon?!?

Paint The Night, or whatever the Anaheim version is called, can roll right over the grave of MSEP and create a new legacy for the late 2010's and 2020's.

And yet when Disneyland revamped it in 2009 for Nightastic, everyone was so happy that a classic was getting new life breathed into it, as the "Christmas lights" were going all LED and getting new effects and a updated score.

And WDW uses this same parade to great acclaim and delight. And maintains it very well. It's nice to see history respected.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom