Expedition Everest Video

copcarguyp71

Two things I have always wondered about EE

1 - why do they show you the shadow of the Yeti tearing up the track AFTER you have already seen the torn up track?

2 - what is the fascination with tossing your elastic hair bands onto the mountain at the spot where you stop and begin going backward.

Is it just me or do these things confound you as well?

MattC

1 - why do they show you the shadow of the Yeti tearing up the track AFTER you have already seen the torn up track?

2 - what is the fascination with tossing your elastic hair bands onto the mountain at the spot where you stop and begin going backward.

Well, I've got nothing for you when it comes to #1. But I do have an answer for #2: Some people are idiots. Self-centered idiots who think they are funny and cool when they do things mature adults shake their heads at.

the-reason14

I think the shadow is shown to imply that the yeti is tearing the track up behind you on the 2nd stop. Just like you can't go forward anymore because of the 1st broken track, you can't go backwards anymore because he's just broken the backwards track.

pumpkin7

Man the strobe lighting looks more worse every time I see it. (Is that English?)

And I wouldn't have even known she was broken if it wasn't for coming on here.

But I also wouldn't have known Yeti was a girl, or about doombuggies.com, or a lot of other really super helpful stuffs.

Tom Morrow

When you just see the torn up tracks in the first stop, its supposed to be like "uh oh, what did this?" even though you already know. In the shadow projection, he is tearing up more track, and your train switches do a different escape route.

copcarguyp71

ahh...a bit much to try and absorb when you are on the ride but I guess I can see that. Too much storytelling I think. It would be better if it felt like the Yeti was chasing you somehow which would make you want to leave the mountain via the fast descent...but that's just me.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
what is the fascination with tossing your elastic hair bands onto the mountain at the spot where you stop and begin going backward.

We noticed this the other day and decided we would throw a hair band up there as well. Seems harmless compared to the myriad of things people do that actually destroy property at the parks. Fun and harmless, IMO.
20141217_115937.jpg

JIMINYCR

Thanks for posting... I never get tired of watching ride videos.
Re: hair bands... even on the real Everest they have problems with a large accumulation of trash being left behind. Seems harmless??? No, cause someones got to waste time to clean the area up at some point and it ruins the look of the attraction. Theres already enough places guests ruin by their callous, irresponsible behavior.

EOD K9

Thanks for posting... I never get tired of watching ride videos.
Re: hair bands... even on the real Everest they have problems with a large accumulation of trash being left behind. Seems harmless??? No, cause someones got to waste time to clean the area up at some point and it ruins the look of the attraction. Theres already enough places guests ruin by their callous, irresponsible behavior.
And don't forget the poor birds who try to eat them....the hairbands, not the people throwing them.

copcarguyp71

We noticed this the other day and decided we would throw a hair band up there as well. Seems harmless compared to the myriad of things people do that actually destroy property at the parks. Fun and harmless, IMO.
View attachment 76791

Hey it's a free country but when it impacts the cleanliness and appearance of a ride then I kind of take issue with it. How is that any different than throwing napkins empty water bottles or trash on the ground? They already have general housekeeping issues and this just adds to it. Maybe it feels whimsical and carefree when you do it but it just seems inconsiderate to the rest of the park goers who do not and who may not appreciate it. It is this sort of attitude that keeps them from selling gum in the parks. Not trying to attack you here but offering a counterpoint...

Goofyernmost

Man the strobe lighting looks more worse every time I see it. (Is that English?)

And I wouldn't have even known she was broken if it wasn't for coming on here.

But I also wouldn't have known Yeti was a girl, or about doombuggies.com, or a lot of other really super helpful stuffs.
The proper English would have been... "The strobe lighting looks worster more every time I see it". Ain't you had no edumacation?

As far as the gender is concerned I do not know that they have ever said if it was supposed to be male or female because it has no relevance. So if you want to think it is a boy... you are correct. If you think it is a girl... you are also correct. Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom