Beach suggestions?

some guy

Original Poster
So I live in the Orlando sprawl. I haven't been to a beach since I was a kid in South FL.

What are some beaches on the East coast that are do-able as a day trip, good for loafing around, and free parking?
I was thinking something out Colonial/50 straight to the coast?

NiarrNDisney

Cocoa Beach and the surrounding are of the Space Coast is beautiful!

I really like:
- Crescent Beach
- Jetty Park
- Satellite Beach

Also the Delray Beach and Vero Beach are probably two of beautiful areas in Florida

Last edited:

BrerJon

What are some beaches on the East coast that are do-able as a day trip, good for loafing around, and free parking?
I was thinking something out Colonial/50 straight to the coast?

Daytona's pretty neat - very quick and easy to get to, just head straight up I-4 and follow the signs. Parking is a few bucks, but you get to drive on the beach which is cool, and see the Speedway and things like that on the way. It's a nice long beach, plus there's a good boardwalk side to it as well.

kelknight84

I vote for Cocoa. You can get there in 45mins or less by the beachline and there is free parking and nice beaches. Daytona is very touristy. If you want to drive on the beach head to New Smyrna where things are a lot quieter. You could also drive 90 mins to the west coast and go to Clearwater beach. There are touristy areas but there are many quiet local spots too.

kelknight84

And what's wrong with us tourists ?? :p
The tourists are fine but all the offerings and decor are just kind of off putting and don't show the real Florida. Also it's crowded! We just spent a week in Sebastian Inlet in our pop-up camper and when we hit the beach there were maybe 10 other people as far as we could see and this was July!

Nemo14

The tourists are fine but all the offerings and decor are just kind of off putting and don't show the real Florida. Also it's crowded! We just spent a week in Sebastian Inlet in our pop-up camper and when we hit the beach there were maybe 10 other people as far as we could see and this was July!
Sebastian is our favorite place on the East Coast of Florida. Did you ever eat over at SquidLips?

SAV

Why not go to the Gulf side and the white sand beaches? It's only about an hour longer trip. I love Clearwater Beach, Madiera Beach and St. Pete Beach. The latter 2 are less beach towny as Clearwater Beach, but the same white sand and warm water.

kelknight84

Sebastian is our favorite place on the East Coast of Florida. Did you ever eat over at SquidLips?
Since we were camping we just grilled out at the campsite but next time I'll have to check it out. We didn't really see many restaurants around at all.

HakunaMatata89

Daytona Beach or St Pete.

i loved ST Pete beach personally. I was stationed in Cocoa Beach for the last 4 years, not to mention my residence was on the edge of the beach and it wasn't bad but the water is pretty dirty looking and the town itself is kind of bland with the Space program going away. Cocoa beach is the hot spot for surfers and party goers.

wdwstateofmind

Daytona Beach or St Pete.

i loved ST Pete beach personally. I was stationed in Cocoa Beach for the last 4 years, not to mention my residence was on the edge of the beach and it wasn't bad but the water is pretty dirty looking and the town itself is kind of bland with the Space program going away. Cocoa beach is the hot spot for surfers and party goers.
Even though it's not on the east coast, I second St. Pete Beach and need to add nearby North Beach at Fort del Soto...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom