The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I hear that. I was born October 20th, 1962, SMACK in the middle of it all...! :eek: ;) :)
When that happened I was 14. We lived along side the entrance to Plattsburgh Air Force Base. When they went on serious alert it was scary. Car after car was going on the base and almost none were leaving. Plattsburgh had a fleet of B-52's armed with nuclear weapons and ready to go at a minutes notice.

We didn't have things like fallout shelters there because had there been a nuclear war it was fairly certain that P'burgh would have been a target. In that case had a bomb been dropped the only thing a fallout shelter would be is a flying hunk of concrete.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Montana legislators Clarifies Pants in dress clothes.

...leggings are not pants. :cyclops:

Ha! I just looked up this report. True, leggings are not pants, but I think probably the real reason is that leggings were not considered to be part of a business suit, or other more conservative office attire.

(In my opinion) only thinner people look good in them anyway, and they're fine for casual wear. Since many people have a few or more extra pounds they're carrying around (or as my grandmother used to say, "healthy looking" . . . :rolleyes: ), my hunch is that the legislature just wanted people to look a bit more tailored and professional, (while sort of attempting to kill two birds with one stone ;) ). I'd never wear leggings to work; even if I was a model's size I still wouldn't.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today at work, we had a holiday luncheon for a bunch of people in our area. Lots of hot hors d'oeuvres, etc. I wasn't too wild about the little pastries they had for dessert, because they haven't changed up the exact same desserts in a long time. (I'm fussy about my free food, you know . . .) I made a comment about the dessert to one of my chummies there; and when I returned to my desk after the party, there was a large, delicious piece of Tiramisu there! :hungry: :hungry: My chummy is the best! She actually went out to a small Italian restaurant nearby, and bought that as a surprise treat for me! I am so lucky! :joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hear that. I was born October 20th, 1962, SMACK in the middle of it all...! :eek: ;) :)

I kept listening to this all day as I was out in the car most of the day. Phew. This would be a great topic for debate in college or even high school. I could shore up an opinion on either side.

I remember the Berlin Wall coming down and working for a German company it was a good day for the East and the West. My half heavy heart here is for the peon people on this island, nothing much will change for them. :grumpy: My win for the day in all this is 2 of our own are home for the holidays. :happy:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Today at work, we had a holiday luncheon for a bunch of people in our area. Lots of hot hors d'oeuvres, etc. I wasn't too wild about the little pastries they had for dessert, because they haven't changed up the exact same desserts in a long time. (I'm fussy about my free food, you know . . .) I made a comment about the dessert to one of my chummies there; and when I returned to my desk after the party, there was a large, delicious piece of Tiramisu there! :hungry: :hungry: My chummy is the best! She actually went out to a small Italian restaurant nearby, and bought that as a surprise treat for me! I am so lucky! :joyfull:
No pics?

FYI, I have my fancy schmancy work luncheon on Friday. It's at a new venue, so I have no idea what will be on the menu. (Last year, they cut the Lobster Thermidor :().
Y'all want pics?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No pics?

FYI, I have my fancy schmancy work luncheon on Friday. It's at a new venue, so I have no idea what will be on the menu. (Last year, they cut the Lobster Thermidor :().
Y'all want pics?

Wow! Now that's what I call a really good work luncheon! As for the Tiramisu, I gobbled that down so quickly, there was no time for a picture! :D (Plus we don't have a camera at work anyway.)

Gabe1

You are loved. :inlove:

Gabe1

@FutureCEO And shopping for quilts....guess what I found!
5161v%2B4fYkL._AA160_.jpg

DVCPluto

I'm kind of in denile that Christmas is next week. We don't have our tree yet since we were in WDW (I'll take that trade off any time!!) so I'm thinking that's why it doesn't feel too urgent yet. I better get in gear tomorrow!!

I did grab a Sorcerer's game packet at MK so I'm excited for DS to get that. And I also found a collector's pack of Star Wars Itty Bittys on sale at Hallmark - does anyone else collect these? We're pretty hooked on them. Pluto and Mickey had quite an adventure recently.
image.jpg
Any guesses to where they are?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm kind of in denile that Christmas is next week. We don't have our tree yet since we were in WDW (I'll take that trade off any time!!) so I'm thinking that's why it doesn't feel too urgent yet. I better get in gear tomorrow!!

I did grab a Sorcerer's game packet at MK so I'm excited for DS to get that. And I also found a collector's pack of Star Wars Itty Bittys on sale - does anyone else collect these? We're pretty hooked on them. Pluto and Mickey had quite an adventure recently.
View attachment 76814
Any guesses to where they are?

Land Pavilion.

donaldtoo

Just got back from the mall. Got a hair (all of 'em, actually ;)) cut, and a new shirt for the office Christmas party tomorrow night. Got the shirt at cost from the clothing store I still do the occasional closer at. :)
Went into The Disney Store for a bit to see who was workin'. Nobody I know, tonight. Good Lord, it wasn't even crowded and the Store was a mess. The last GM we had has since retired and, boy howdy, does it ever show. It was also ten minutes before we were ever even greeted... :confused:
Good thing I wasn't a secret shopper. :bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom