STK restaurant to open at DTD

suburbianj

Original Poster
just seen on the Disney website that a STK restaurant is to open at DTD next year.......another extortionately high prices restaurant for us to get ripped off from......WHOOP WHOOP! If you look at pictures of their other restaurants then this is going to be one of those hoity toity places.....when will they announce more family friendly eating places to the new Disney springs then,after all I can see why there needs to be a good mix of places to eat,but the three new places they have announced so far seem definitely aimed at the adult market who have money to burn!

dreamfinder

just seen on the Disney website that a STK restaurant is to open at DTD next year.......another extortionately high prices restaurant for us to get ripped off from......WHOOP WHOOP! If you look at pictures of their other restaurants then this is going to be one of those hoity toity places.....when will they announce more family friendly eating places to the new Disney springs then,after all I can see why there needs to be a good mix of places to eat,but the three new places they have announced so far seem definitely aimed at the adult market who have money to burn!

What is wrong with offering some more upscale locations? They aren't removing any lower end places that may attract kids with animals or dinosaurs. In order for the new DTD to survive it will need good quality offerings, not just to attract tourists, but also the locals. Locals have plenty of chain locations they can hit up nearby, Disney needs something different to attract them back to property.

suburbianj

Original Poster
but then are you not pricing out 80% of the market who cant afford to eat at places so highly priced?like I say incan see no problem in a couple of places for that particular high end market,but surely they must have more reasonably priced places lined up too or is there more high end places still to get announced?

Tom

Beta Return

This is, technically, one sentence.....eh?

jrriddle

Meh. I'll pay for a good meal. But another steak joint? What is this number 4 or 5 on property? It's as bad as the number of Italian food places at the resort.
Hopefully their menu is a more bit diverse than Shula's, Yachtsman, Le Cellier, etc (I haven't looked at it yet)
Looking forward to Morimoto's. Is that confirmed?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Meh. I'll pay for a good meal. But another steak joint? What is this number 4 or 5 on property? It's as bad as the number of Italian food places at the resort.
Hopefully their menu is a more bit diverse than Shula's, Yachtsman, Le Cellier, etc (I haven't looked at it yet)
Its number 5 and I'm okay with Steakhouses... DTD could use more upscale dining options anyway.
At least the steakhouse on property are good and not sub-par like Italian restaurants on property.
And yes Morimoto's is confirmed.

Last edited:

jrriddle

Well I checked out the menu. It's just another steak house food wise. Nothing to get excited about (for me anyway)
HOWEVER the interior looks great! Very upscale and lounge like. I wonder how it will go over with the typical WDW crowd? I don't see it working IMHO unless they change the concept and make it more jorts and baseball cap friendly.

Next Big Thing

What is 'STK' ?
This is:
STK-LV-1-814x575.jpg

STK_LV_Web3-788x557.jpg

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well I checked out the menu. It's just another steak house food wise. Nothing to get excited about (for me anyway)
HOWEVER the interior looks great! Very upscale and lounge like. I wonder how it will go over with the typical WDW crowd? I don't see it working IMHO unless they change the concept and make it more jorts and baseball cap friendly.
There are plenty of similar priced places in WDW that do just fine. The family crowd might not go for it but people like myself who travel as couples or adult groups might.

ChrisM

STK should be a cut above any of the existing steakhouses. Shula's is far an away the best of the current crop but even that ranks pretty low when going head-to-head against the top brands.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
but then are you not pricing out 80% of the market who cant afford to eat at places so highly priced?like I say incan see no problem in a couple of places for that particular high end market,but surely they must have more reasonably priced places lined up too or is there more high end places still to get announced?

I tend to agree. I thought there would be more balance. It doesn't need to be expensive to be great food. If it is expensive doesn't mean it guarantees great food, we've all been there too. Disney isn't filling the deluxe resorts so filling Springs with Deluxe restaurants doesn't seem to make sense either.

These high end places will be visited one at a time by local bloggers and I anticipate mostly outstanding reviews however aside from the reality check that most guests cannot afford too many meals at signature prices will everyone else be dining off a food truck?

Plus what Disney has not addressed is how difficult it is to get to DTD and the DME leaves a large chunk of guests without a car for parking garages to make a difference. Bus and ferry transportation is incredibly long with so many stops along the way.

My best example is Vivo Italian Kitchen at City Walk which is a fair comparison to Springs. Price range is about
$11 to $30. Expensive enough for most families. Their Sausage Ragu reviews over the top tasty and costs $11.00.

vivo-inside.jpg

My feeling is Earl of Sandwich will remain one of the restaurants with the most guests per day and Ghirardelli busting at the seams with overflow guests too.

And they are already putting in a Gibsons Steak House?

jrriddle

There are plenty of similar priced places in WDW that do just fine. The family crowd might not go for it but people like myself who travel as couples or adult groups might.
Oh for sure about prices. I was speaking more about atmosphere. Doesn't look family friendly. Not that that's a bad thing. I fall into the same category as you described. But we aren't the typical WDW guests.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I tend to agree. I thought there would be more balance. It doesn't need to be expensive to be great food. If it is expensive doesn't mean it guarantees great food, we've all been there too. Disney isn't filling the deluxe resorts so filling Springs with Deluxe restaurants doesn't seem to make sense either.

These high end places will be visited one at a time by local bloggers and I anticipate mostly outstanding reviews however aside from the reality check that most guests cannot afford too many meals at signature prices will everyone else be dining off a food truck?

Plus what Disney has not addressed is how difficult it is to get to DTD and the DME leaves a large chunk of guests without a car for parking garages to make a difference. Bus and ferry transportation is incredibly long with so many stops along the way.

My best example is Vivo Italian Kitchen at City Walk which is a fair comparison to Springs. Price range is about
$11 to $30. Expensive enough for most families. Their Sausage Ragu reviews over the top tasty and costs $11.00.

vivo-inside.jpg

My feeling is Earl of Sandwich will remain one of the restaurants with the most guests per day and Ghirardelli busting at the seams with overflow guests too.

And they are already putting in a Gibsons Steak House?
But if you look at the current restaurant offers in DTD. Most of them are already really family friendly. Adding 3 or 4 upscale places would indeed balance things out. But I'm sure there's more to come. That picture floating around of the DS stores/restaurant logos seems to be 100% accurate (so far) and it list a burger place, character dining, shake shack, bakery, and candy store also coming to DS.

jrriddle

But if you look at the current restaurant offers in DTD. Most of them are already really family friendly. Adding 3 or 4 upscale places would indeed balance things out. But I'm sure there's more to come. That picture floating around of the DS stores/restaurant logos seems to be 100% accurate (so far) and it list a burger place, character dining, shake shack, bakery, and candy store also coming to DS.
Hope you're right about that list. Friends took us to The Edison in LA. Great place. Adult bar with Disney level theming!

wdwfan4ver

Morimoto's is confirmed.

This is now the 4th steak joint on property. It isn't quite as bad as the amount of Italian food places. WDW property has 6 Italian food places currently. I said currently because AK is getting a eating place near Pizzafari and who says there isn't anymore Italian places going to Disney Springs.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Morimoto's is confirmed.

This is now the 4th steak joint on property. It isn't quite as bad as the amount of Italian food places. WDW property has 6 Italian food places currently. I said currently because AK is getting a eating near Pizzafari and who says there isn't anymore Italian places going to Disney Springs.
Actually it will be number 5... don't forget the newly opened Capa at the Four Seasons.

Maybe they should open up one more so I can eat at a different steakhouse each night of my vacation. I don't think I could ever get tired of steak. :D

And wow... I never realized how many italian places there are... Tony's, Mama Melrose, Tutto, Via Napoli, Portobello's, il Mulino, Ravello, and the new Trattoria al Forno... seesh :confused:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom