Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

mmkr03

I found some great aerial photos taken by Jake's Adventures. Really helps show the full scale of the project. You can check them all out here
dsc_0151.jpg
dsc_0052.jpg
dsc_0047.jpg

Mike S

Original Poster
I think it is mainly screen based with a huge Kong AA at the very end that's supposed to be a pretty significant portion. I have no idea what that means but hopefully there are some nice sets.
I just read an interesting rumor on Orlando United that there will be one scene where you are being attacked by giant bugs on screen as well as 3-5 bug AA's. Also the big Kong AA at the end.

DABIGCHEEZ

OK... I have not followed this at all and was only at IOA for the first time a few years back. I loved the place, but kids not so much at the time. Hopefully next time we go they will. Anyway, I was going to ask if this was replacing the Jurassic Park footprint? But one of those last pics answers that for me. I have to say...really like what Universal is doing with the place.

WDW better do something that just blows us all away with Pandora... but based on their recent track record, I am thinking we will be underwhelmed and then I will be super surprised when/if they deliver big.

orlando678-

I hope that this KK ride will be awesome because I love King Kong and I think it is sad that it has a small amount of attention in the parks.

Mouse_Trap

OK... I have not followed this at all and was only at IOA for the first time a few years back. I loved the place, but kids not so much at the time. Hopefully next time we go they will. Anyway, I was going to ask if this was replacing the Jurassic Park footprint? But one of those last pics answers that for me. I have to say...really like what Universal is doing with the place.

Not quite, it's on a expansion plot next to JP....behind the eatery 'Thunder Falls Terrace'.

So it's not taking up any existing JP space, but is a little disappointing for those who hope to the JP expanded.
IIRC, it's not actually considered a JP expansion plot, that was used already for Hogsmeade (specifically the FJ show building). There is quite a bit of space available if they waited it at and around the JP Discovery Centre (right down the the old boat dock), the old Triceratops Encounter space. After that there is still the Pterodactyl Flyers and whatever the kiddie playground is called that could be re-purposed into something more appealing.

Mike S

Original Poster
Not quite, it's on a expansion plot next to JP....behind the eatery 'Thunder Falls Terrace'.

So it's not taking up any existing JP space, but is a little disappointing for those who hope to the JP expanded.
IIRC, it's not actually considered a JP expansion plot, that was used already for Hogsmeade (specifically the FJ show building). There is quite a bit of space available if they waited it at and around the JP Discovery Centre (right down the the old boat dock), the old Triceratops Encounter space. After that there is still the Pterodactyl Flyers and whatever the kiddie playground is called that could be re-purposed into something more appealing.
To me, if Jurassic World is good, I say level the whole thing and start fresh using the available land more wisely. Make two E Tickets that can share part of a show building. The first would be a thrilling Jeep ride starring the new hybrid Dino from the movie and the second would be a family boat ride like the beginning of River Adventure with no big drop so everyone could ride it. Maybe some of the AA's from the current River Adventure could be reused to save on costs. The rest of the land would be entirely re made to resemble the new Jurassic World.

Quinnmac000

To me, if Jurassic World is good, I say level the whole thing and start fresh using the available land more wisely. Make two E Tickets that can share part of a show building. The first would be a thrilling Jeep ride starring the new hybrid Dino from the movie and the second would be a family boat ride like the beginning of River Adventure with no big drop so everyone could ride it. Maybe some of the AA's from the current River Adventure could be reused to save on costs. The rest of the land would be entirely re made to resemble the new Jurassic World.

Gyrosphere ride like in the previews...kong already is a jeep like ride based on insider information two right next door to each other is a bit much.

Mike S

Original Poster
Gyrosphere ride like in the previews...kong already is a jeep like ride based on insider information two right next door to each other is a bit much.
Didn't the Gyrosphere only carry like two people though? If they could make them bigger and have it still work that would be cool.

orlando678-

I really like the idea of an indoor ride and a boat ride and also the indoor ride would be really cool if it were a EMV ride!

Mike S

Original Poster
Been a while since I posted pictures. More from Orlando United.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hope we get an official announcement sometime this year.

Bairstow

Just so long as they keep their hands off Camp Jurassic.
It may only be a kid's water/play area, but it's the best example of that type of theme park installation in the world.
Seriously, biggest hidden gem in all of Universal. It's like Tom Sawyer Island with a Splash Mountain budget.

Mike S

Original Poster
Just so long as they keep their hands off Camp Jurassic.
It may only be a kid's water/play area, but it's the best example of that type of theme park installation in the world.
Seriously, biggest hidden gem in all of Universal. It's like Tom Sawyer Island with a Splash Mountain budget.
Depends how much space it uses up and if my idea could work while keeping it as is. I would get rid of the Pteranodon Flyers though since I don't think it would fit in well with the look of Jurassic World plus there would be a new family E Ticket so I don't think it would be needed that much. I would also do something about being able to see Hogwarts from the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom