AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

any idea where in the area

It is hard to tell. However, after studying the newly discovered aerial shots, you can clearly see one of the structures. Next to the large, flat expanse of concrete that we all assume to be the boat ride there is what appears to be a somewhat rectangular-shaped structure. Off of the corner of that structure is one of the vertical structures that can easily bee seen from the bus going into the park. It actually looks like the corner of a building that goes pretty far into the air.

flyerjab

Keep studying those photos. The one piece is clearly visible in each photo and it is pretty high up already relative to everything else going on. Just curious as to what other people think it is.

flyerjab

I will also add to this by saying my family spent about 6-7 hours in DAK yesterday and the amount of construction going on is extensive.

At one point we stopped in Harambe and I was looking at all of the original section, and then to my left at the newer FotLK section and thought how large this area is now. Where I was standing you could also see the black water tower of the new Africa Marketplace. The depth of space being created in Harambe, where there will now be layers of space to explore and visit, is going to be a tremendous experience. The theming going on in DAK is as impressive as any of the other Orlando parks IMHO.

Also, there are great open views of the work going on at the RoL seating area. I think it is too tough for them to completely hide everything. Another tip - the scrim on the bridge from Asia to the Nemo theater is totally translucent. You can really see everything that is being built. I think the fact that the sun was so bright yesterday helped.

twebber55

Ooooh, Avatar aerial ****! ;)

Not to much different in these then Scott's but we can see some more detail here. Need some time to study these.
the big thing for me is you can see more details and you see some elevation changes especially how deep the hole is in front of the boat ride
also it looks like some work being done to the south of the e ticket building (your chiller plant?)

also, that vertical structure in the NW corner of the boat ride has to be 40-50 ft tall

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
Avatar really lends itself to a grand reveal for people though. Opening it in phases seems ill conceived.

I agree. I predict the two rides will be complete, and if anything is left to open later, it would just be retail and food.

But I can't see Cameron letting them have a grand reveal with walls still in the land. The land is undoubtedly going to be breathtaking, and opening it half complete will benefit nobody, and will only ruin the wow factor they want.

Next Big Thing

All I get is a page full of "loading" graphics :(
Here was one of the photo's (didn't check to see if it was working for me, but I had this one saved):
avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-6.jpg

doctornick

It looks like the boat ride has the early lead in terms of development compared to the Soarin' type ride. Not that it means anything at this point, but is an interesting contrast if the boat ride is intended for "phase 2" of the land -- will be cool to see the progression over the next 2 years.

twebber55

It looks like the boat ride has the early lead in terms of development compared to the Soarin' type ride. Not that it means anything at this point, but is an interesting contrast if the boat ride is intended for "phase 2" of the land -- will be cool to see the progression over the next 2 years.
I would think theres more to the boat ride but im clueless on this stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom