Have you ever lost your car at the parks?

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I can not be the only - please someone make me not feel stupid, lol. The last night of my trip a few weeks ago I went to HS to check out the lights. I arrived around 6pm and I know I parked in Music 59 - I took the photo and everything. I left the park around 7pm - I get off the tram at Music 59 - walk down the aisle - I had a white hyundai santa fe and Guess what - NO CAR, lol. I proceed to walk up and down the aisle, around the perimeter and nearly down every other aisle for the next hour and still no car. Yes, I pushed the alarm and heard nothing. To complicate this - there were hundreds of white white hyundai santa fe's lol. The police that drove down the aisle was no help and told me to keep looking and drove away. Finally, as the lot slowly began to clear out - there my car appeared out of nowhere in Music 59. It was a crazy moment for me at disneyworld (quite embarrassing) lol. Please tell me I am not the only one :)

It then drove to EPCOT for my fish and chips (2 orders) and Illuminations. No lost car this time, lol.

Nick Wilde

I vaguely remember back in 2008 our car was lost at SeaWorld. We eventually had a security guy drive us around looking and we found it. Made me memorize the license plate from then on.

Victor Kelly

Nope you are not. There are so many like colored rentals that it can confuse anyone. And remote's are notoriously short ranged. Pick a landmark and remember it along with the aisle number. Get to your correctly number aisle and walk down to or near said landmark. Put the remote to your chin and open your mouth and hit the button if you have not found your car. Your noggin acts like an antenna and boosts signal. I know because I do it.:p

mm121

I can not be the only - please someone make me not feel stupid, lol. The last night of my trip a few weeks ago I went to HS to check out the lights. I arrived around 6pm and I know I parked in Music 59 - I took the photo and everything. I left the park around 7pm - I get off the tram at Music 59 - walk down the aisle - I had a white hyundai santa fe and Guess what - NO CAR, lol. I proceed to walk up and down the aisle, around the perimeter and nearly down every other aisle for the next hour and still no car. Yes, I pushed the alarm and heard nothing. To complicate this - there were hundreds of white white hyundai santa fe's lol. The police that drove down the aisle was no help and told me to keep looking and drove away. Finally, as the lot slowly began to clear out - there my car appeared out of nowhere in Music 59. It was a crazy moment for me at disneyworld (quite embarrassing) lol. Please tell me I am not the only one :)

It then drove to EPCOT for my fish and chips (2 orders) and Illuminations. No lost car this time, lol.

my dad lost the car at the airport once it wasn't fun looking for it

nowadays theirs iphone apps for this, or just take a screenshot or save a pin of where its parked

that could prevent a reoccurance

my dad once got in the wrong car on a trip as the person had left it unlocked and didn't realize it till the rest of the family came out and couldn'tfind him as we went to the correct car.. thankfully he realized it and never ran into the owner of car number one.

mm121

I have issues in the Uni parking garage because every floor looks the same. That and I drive a smaller car.
they look the same but the different sections do have differnt names and stuff

i do know the feeling of walking halfway down an isle and then starting to doubt yourself then with a little luck it appears

StageFrenzy

they look the same but the different sections do have differnt names and stuff

i do know the feeling of walking halfway down an isle and then starting to doubt yourself then with a little luck it appears
"I know I parked in Jurassic park but was it the 4th or 5th floor and I parked in the row that was half full.."

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Your fault that you couldn't find your car or theirs ????

Ummm how could the police be at fault for me loosing my car? Commom sense is that it was my fault. However, the tram cms at every park for years have always said if you cant locate your car or have trouble starting up, locate a cm. Granted, i am not sure if Disney police are considered cms. But the point in that sentence was that he was of no help which is contrary to what i have heard from tram cms.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Just remember this piece of advice, if your going to rent anything do now I repeat do not rent a dodge caravan. Disney World is a caravan of caravans and if you don't keep note on where it is you will never find it. I can drive down one road at Orange Lake from my condo and the club house and count at least 100 of them. We made the stupid mistake, we drove down and didn't rent from an air port, we could have rented any brand we wanted in that case... I can't even count the amount of times I have almost went into the wrong van.

Susan Savia

When I park my car and get out and start to walk towards the front or tram, I always turn around to get a landmark (streetlight, post, tree etc.) as an additional spotter of where my car is in addition to writing down the lot and number. :)

SyracuseDisneyFan

In 2008, we were leaving Epcot to head back to our hotel. I couldn't remember where we had parked. My very snotty older sister got all bent out of shape with me. However, she didn't remember where we had parked either. We did find the car eventually.

ratherbeinwdw

This happened to us a few years ago. It was our 11th day there. We had park hopped daily and been to Epcot at least six times, so one afternoon, we went to where we thought we had parked, and no car. It was 98 degrees and here we were, feet killing us, burning up and walking and walking to find the car. We finally gave up and went up to the next tram that stopped. All we had to do was tell the cm when we got there, and the cm was able to tell us where we parked. Low and behold, a wonderful site, that white, rented, Dodge Caravan.
After that, we always take a picture with one of our phones of the section and row number where we park.

Disneydreamer23

ugh YES! We got married in 2011 we got married on a Friday night and we had a 6 am flight the next morning. We rented a nice Dodge Charger. We were so tired after the first day which was a 2 am late night we kept looking for OUR car! After 45 minutes of looking we realized we had rented a car! We were so tired!

The Mom

Premium Member
Heck, I walked out of Publix the other day and realized that I had absolutely no idea of where I had parked my car! I had to think back about my arrival, and was able to narrow it down to a few rows. Good thing I never have the bagger help me load the car. :D

kjb101791

Only every time I worked at Hollywood Studios. After a long day, trying to remember where you parked when the sun was still up can lead to the days all blurring together. I got made fun of a lot for wandering back and forth. At the transportation and ticket center, I usually don't have a problem because we will hang out at the Poly quite late until heading out, leaving just a few cars in the lot.

This is why all the stores I go to have designated areas in the parking lot where I have to park or I'll forget

JoeCamel

Snorted too much pixie dust while at HS? They have lots as they are not using much these days. Take a picture next time and you will have something to look at and compare.

Tater48

Heck, I walked out of Publix the other day and realized that I had absolutely no idea of where I had parked my car! I had to think back about my arrival, and was able to narrow it down to a few rows. Good thing I never have the bagger help me load the car. :D

Thanks for sharing that............I thought I was the only one that had that problem at that place.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom