Adults at WDW

Mike 1972

Original Poster
Are there any places left in WDW for the 21+ crowd? I think they should have one park a day 21+. All bars should be 21+ also. Our last trip we went to the HOB club and at 11:30 there were little kids having Meltdowns at the bar.

Next Big Thing

Are there any places left in WDW for the 21+ crowd? I think they should have one park a day 21+. All bars should be 21+ also. Our last trip we went to the HOB club and at 11:30 there were little kids having Meltdowns at the bar.
Go to HOB on a Sunday night. The least "Disney" thing still on property and it's 21+.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I absolutely think they should have certain restaurants/bars be 21+ after a certain time. After 10PM or something like that. I think all of the new places in the Landing will be open until 2am so that would be a solid 4 hours of just adults. There really is no good reason to have your kids at HOB at 11:30 at night.

There will never be 1 park a day designated 21+. It doesn't really make sense. Banning a large portion of your guests from a park isn't going to make people too happy. Not everyone is local or visits WDW for weeks at a time. If you are in town with your kids for 1 day and find out the Magic Kingdom is 21+ that day it would be pretty disappointing. What I could see maybe working is having some more special event type things like the post-illuminations party they had this summer at EPCOT or the Hambre Nights thing in AK, but actually making them 21+. If they had a special event or extended hours that were 21+ that might work since it wouldn't impact people with kids. Problem is Disney doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in catering to the adult only crowd.

Kman101

Sounds like the tentative plan is for a lot of restaurants to be just that, family oriented during the day and early evening, and possibly more "adult time" after a certain time in the evening. Didn't sound like that was the plan at first (or it could have been) but with many restaurants seemingly going to be open until 2am ... just wait for Disney Springs to be complete.

Disneydreamer23

Even though I have children I think certain Restaurants after a certain time should be adults only. My DH and I had 1 night during our September trip to have dinner alone my Mom watched our daughter. We went to Narcooses at 9 pm , there was an infant I would say 11 months that was up way past her bed time and screamed the whole time. I think children should be able to go into these restaurants but why such a late Dinner for having such a small child?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sounds like the tentative plan is for a lot of restaurants to be just that, family oriented during the day and early evening, and possibly more "adult time" after a certain time in the evening. Didn't sound like that was the plan at first (or it could have been) but with many restaurants seemingly going to be open until 2am ... just wait for Disney Springs to be complete.
The problem lately with Disney is they seem to be reluctant to establish any rules that require CMs to tell guests they can't do something. The difference here may be that the restaurants are all 3rd party owned so it wouldn't be Disney CMs telling people they had to leave after a certain time. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything official about having a "curfew" for underage guests. The places will be open until 2am but that won't stop people with a stroller from blocking up the aisle or kids sitting at the bar at 11:30PM unless they actually make a rule and enforce it.
Even though I have children I think certain Restaurants after a certain time should be adults only. My DH and I had 1 night during our September trip to have dinner alone my Mom watched our daughter. We went to Narcooses at 9 pm , there was an infant I would say 11 months that was up way past her bed time and screamed the whole time. I think children should be able to go into these restaurants but why such a late Dinner for having such a small child?
I couldn't agree with this more. V&A is one thing, but there really should be more than 1 nice restaurant on property that is adult only. Plenty of people go to WDW for their honeymoon or anniversary or are just couples without kids. There should be a variety of options for fine dining especially late night. In reality they shouldn't have to make a rule. Parents should have more sense, but sadly they do not. There is a selfish mentality and a lot of parents are completely delusional. Their attitude is "she's a baby so it's natural for her to cry and if you don't want to be near children don't come to WDW". Even parents with slightly older kids think it's OK because their little prince or princess is well so well behaved. That may be true for some, but there are levels of well behaved.

I think if they actually had a time limit (like no children under 12 after 9PM) for certain signature restaurants it would work. I do think DDP is part of the problem. People are pooling their table service credits to go to signatures and if they have kids and nobody with them to watch the kids they are bringing them along. Reservations may be hard to get and they settle for a 9PM reservation or they don't want to leave a park early for dinner so they make the reservation late. Nothing beats making a 4 year old wait 3 or 4 hours past their normal dinner time to eat in a fancy restaurant after a long day walking around in the hot sun.

Next Big Thing

Sunday nights at HOB are Service Industry Night and it's 18+ to enter, 21+ to drink. The only true 21+ places on property are Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall.
Ah yes, forgot it was 18+, haven't been in a bit. But don't discount Sundays at HOB because of this. It's the closest thing to Mannequinns that will likely ever exist in WDW again. And that's not just for lack of nightlife, it's truly a party in there every week.

Kman101

I agree GoofGoof. I personally can't see anyone at Disney saying "get out". But there has to be a limit, IMO. Parents, don't bring your kids out to a bar until 1 or 2 am. I love kids, please don't get me wrong, but that just feels so wrong to me, whether I'm wanting to be in the bar or not, and this comes from someone who's an occasional drinker, at best.

Mouse Detective

Ah yes, forgot it was 18+, haven't been in a bit. But don't discount Sundays at HOB because of this. It's the closest thing to Mannequinns that will likely ever exist in WDW again. And that's not just for lack of nightlife, it's truly a party in there every week.
I believe HOB on Sunday nights is 19+. And if you're a CM wanting to get in free, 21+.
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/22004CE19DDB61CF?camefrom=ramya_8e1
And I agree. It is CRAZY in there on Sunday nights and DOUBLE CRAZY if Monday is a holiday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom