Boardwalk vs Wilderness Lodge

twebber55

Original Poster
trying to figure out which one i want to stay at...i have stayed at beach club and boardwalk a few times now and love the convenience of being by epcot and dhs....but i would like to try something else

any opinions would be appreciated

EOD K9

I've stayed at BCV and BWV and also love the convenience to the MK. However, I do want to try out all of the DVC hotels. On our next trip we are staying at WLV the night before our cruise. We have heard good things about it and it is also just a short boat ride over the lake. I figure, why not give the new experience a whirl.

Tom

Beta Return
We've stayed at WL many times (in villas, we're DVC), and we've stayed at Boardwalk once. In fact, we stayed a few nights at each during our Feb/Mar trip.

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite deluxe hotel, as far as overall atmosphere and theme. I like secluded environments, and want to get away from "hustle and bustle" that comes with the Epcot resorts, but that's just my personal preference.

Rooms are rooms, especially when comparing across deluxe resorts. So it's best to chose your resort based on other factors that are important to you.

If MK will be your primary destination, transportation to and from WL and MK is fantastic, and plentiful. We've had the best luck with bus service from there (since it doesn't share with any other deluxe), and you can also take a boat. On the flip side, if Epcot will be your go-to park, BW is the obvious choice (between the two) as far as transportation.

Wilderness Lodge has some great dining options. I especially enjoy Whispering Canyon. I've never eaten at the Boardwalk.

If you're someone who enjoys activity and night life, the Boardwalk is a great place to hang out. If you like to get away, hide, and relax, Wilderness Lodge pretty much wins in that category (if we were talking about Moderates, Riverside is my go-to for seclusion).

Hope this helps!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If you are planning to go soon, the pool at Wilderness Lodge is under refurb. I think the refurb is done by the end of this year so if this is for next year it's not an issue.

twebber55

Original Poster
Do you still need help? Any other preference you'd like to offer up, to get some input?
well Tom i ve Stayed at BWV and i love it because of the theme and proximity to everything...im taking my brothers family so i asked them what they thought and my 20 yr niece who seems most excited looked at both and said she would prefer BWV so i think im leaning there although i do want to try WLV one day because i was blown away when i walked in to eat at WCC...amazing place

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
well Tom i ve Stayed at BWV and i love it because of the theme and proximity to everything...im taking my brothers family so i asked them what they thought and my 20 yr niece who seems most excited looked at both and said she would prefer BWV so i think im leaning there although i do want to try WLV one day because i was blown away when i walked in to eat at WCC...amazing place

You obviously can't go wrong, either way :)

Marc Gil

They're both excellent resorts with their own unique perks and downfalls.

Wilderness Lodge is definitely quieter, more secluded, and has more relaxing atmosphere. The grounds are gorgeous, but I found the rooms to be a little small for a deluxe hotel. Artist Point (signature dining) is a true gem at The Wilderness Lodge; it's a little pricey, but well worth it. If you would like a to be closer to The Magic Kingdom, this hotel is a better bet, although their water taxi service tends to be a bit slow at times.

Boardwalk Inn is an excellent resort. It's definitely more sprawling, and busy, due to the fact that the boardwalk is a shopping and dining mecca. The grounds are gorgeous. I loved the quiet pool in the garden. The standard rooms are bigger than those at WL, and also nicer, I find. Also, depending on the room, you get gorgeous views of Spaceship Earth and World Showcase. Flying Fish (signature dining) is one of the best restaurants on the property. I highly recommend it. Boardwalk is also walking distance to Epcot's World Showcase, so if you would like to be closer to Epcot, Boardwalk is your best bet.

Overall, both resorts are top-notch and have their unique ups and downs. It really depends on your personal preference.

Choose wisely, and have a great trip!

tsaintc

They're both excellent resorts with their own unique perks and downfalls...

...Boardwalk is also walking distance to Epcot's World Showcase, so if you would like to be closer to Epcot, Boardwalk is your best bet...

I agree with your post 100%. And, I would add that the Boardwalk is also considered walking distance to DHS as well. Actually, we prefer the walk to a bus ride any day.

Personally, these two resorts are probably my favorites - BW for location and WL for just being WL.

twebber55

Original Poster
In reality, you cant go wrong with either....even though I have yet to stay at WL.
I haven't either
I did stay at BWV...im treating my brother and his family and they seemed to want to stay at BWV so that's what we re doing...cant go wrong with either

Phonedave

As other have said, you can't go wrong with either.

My ideal solution would be to take VWL, and place it where BWV are. However, I don't think it would have the same feel there. I think VWL NEEDS to be on a lake and a bit away from everything else.

-dave

Innkeeper's Club

Also, depending on the room, you get gorgeous views of Spaceship Earth and World Showcase.
I'm not a DVC member, however what I do know from research online is this. That specific view at the Boardwalk is categorized as a Preferred View or Boardwalk View, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway I think and once again please correct me if I'm wrong, but only a select few of those rooms which might be 5 or less that have a view of Spaceship Earth or World Showcase. So no one should reserve that specific room category hopping to see Epcot, if they do it's an extra bonus.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not a DVC member, however what I do know from research online is this. That specific view at the Boardwalk is categorized as a Preferred View or Boardwalk View, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway I think and once again please correct me if I'm wrong, but only a select few of those rooms which might be 5 or less that have a view of Spaceship Earth or World Showcase. So no one should reserve that specific room category hopping to see Epcot, if they do it's an extra bonus.
For Boardwalk Villas they have 3 categories. Standard view, garden/pool view and boardwalk view. The standard view rooms are less points. Garden/pool and boardwalk views are the same number of points. If you have a boardwalk view room (especially a higher floor) you have a good shot at seeing Spaceship Earth over the trees and/or the higher fireworks from Illumintions. It's not going to be a bird's eye view like BLT. There are certain garden/pool and standard view rooms in the back of the resort with views of the Tower of Terror and/or the higher Fantasmic fireworks. DVCNews has a good room finder tool with some pictures of the balcony views. Here are some good samples:

1st floor Boardwalk View:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=6

4th floor Boardwalk View:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compon...resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

5th floor Boardwalk View:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compon...resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0

Innkeeper's Club

For Boardwalk Villas they have 3 categories. Standard view, garden/pool view and boardwalk view. The standard view rooms are less points. Garden/pool and boardwalk views are the same number of points. If you have a boardwalk view room (especially a higher floor) you have a good shot at seeing Spaceship Earth over the trees and/or the higher fireworks from Illumintions. It's not going to be a bird's eye view like BLT. There are certain garden/pool and standard view rooms in the back of the resort with views of the Tower of Terror and/or the higher Fantasmic fireworks. DVCNews has a good room finder tool with some pictures of the balcony views. Here are some good samples:

1st floor Boardwalk View:
http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=6

4th floor Boardwalk View:

5th floor Boardwalk View:

Thanks for that information and posting those links.

Ralphlaw

Aah, the age old questions: Boardwalk vs. Wilderness. Boardwalk vs. Beach Club. Folgers vs. Maxwell House. Boxers vs. Briefs. Thor vs. Iron Man. Ginger vs. Mary Ann. And Packers vs. any other sports team in the world. Yup, the debates continue.

As for me: Boardwalk, Boardwalk, Neither, Briefs, Thor, Mary Ann, and of course the Packers.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Aah, the age old questions: Boardwalk vs. Wilderness. Boardwalk vs. Beach Club. Folgers vs. Maxwell House. Boxers vs. Briefs. Thor vs. Iron Man. Ginger vs. Mary Ann. And Packers vs. any other sports team in the world. Yup, the debates continue.

As for me: Boardwalk, Boardwalk, Neither, Briefs, Thor, Mary Ann, and of course the Packers.
I'll take both Mary Ann and Ginger (in their prime...not now) wearing neither boxers or briefs (just a cheese head each) in any 1 bedroom villa. I don't want Iron Man or Thor anywhere near me. I know basic math...if those 2 dudes show up they are taking both my chicks and if I'm lucky they leave me the cheese heads. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom