Beach Club Resort - 20 Month Refurb

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sorry to hear that. I have yet to not receive anything for justified complaints. We got upgraded to a club level room at The Beach Club due to issues with Mymagic bands (we were switching from the DVC to the hotel in the middle of the trip). We have also gotten Fast pass passes and discounts at other times.

I'm glad you received something for your trouble, And in fairness in years past if there was an issue it was usually taken care of immediately and compensation offered without me even asking which sometimes I took and other times I politely declined especially if I felt I contributed to the issue. WDW should not have to pay for my errors.

That being said since 2012 or so the attitude has increasingly been drifting to the, S--- happens what do you expect me to do about it now get out of my face so I can take care of the next person in line attitude.

ALL I want is the kind of service that USED to be taken for granted at WDW.

Next Big Thing

I'm glad you received something for your trouble, And in fairness in years past if there was an issue it was usually taken care of immediately and compensation offered without me even asking which sometimes I took and other times I politely declined especially if I felt I contributed to the issue. WDW should not have to pay for my errors.

That being said since 2012 or so the attitude has increasingly been drifting to the, S--- happens what do you expect me to do about it now get out of my face so I can take care of the next person in line attitude.

ALL I want is the kind of service that USED to be taken for granted at WDW.
I've stayed at WDW hotels plenty since 2012 and not once have I felt that a CM has had that attitude when I approach them with a problem. Rather it's normally the opposite. They normally try to rectify the situation fairly quickly.

There was even one time, upon check-in, it took the woman a good chunk of time to get our AP Magic bands synched up. It must've take 20-25 minutes at least. No matter what, she couldn't get it to work. We aren't the type that normally complain about much and while we thought about it, we decided to just let things happen. We came really close to asking for a manager because of how long it took. Finally she got it figured out and she upgraded us to a two bedroom from a studio without us even saying a word.

articos

Do I expect to see a 'refresh' on some public spaces? Certainly... on the scale of the Polynesian? Not even close.

Right.

I think different people are taking the expectation in their own ways. This is the first major refurbishment of the rooms and resort buildings in the resort's history. They have replaced hard/soft goods over the years, but not to the extent of this refurbishment. However, this is primarily the rooms and hallways and a few other public spaces. This is not a full redo of the resort's lobby or restaurants or SAB or anything like on the scale of what's happening to Poly. Certain public areas will get attention while construction is on-going, but the need is to the rooms.

Last edited:

Innkeeper's Club

Boardwalk Inn will also have 200 rooms out of order in 2016.
The Boardwalk Inn room renovations started on May 4, 2014 and were supposed to be completed by September 9, 2014. Now that was according to the news letter from Allearsnet. Plus this past August I stayed in a renovated room on their Club Level floor.

Maybe you are thinking of the Boardwalk Villas which I believe is set for a renovations sometime in the near future.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Atleast Disney tries to help make up for inconveniences if you complain.

No they try to quote "Policy" and dodge and evade rather than trying to make things RIGHT. You want working lights or appliances in a deluxe villa, "We don't have any engineers on duty now", Then get me another room where the amenities I PAID FOR WORK, "I cannot It's against resort policy".

THIS IS DISNEY TODAY!

wdwfan22

No they try to quote "Policy" and dodge and evade rather than trying to make things RIGHT. You want working lights or appliances in a deluxe villa, "We don't have any engineers on duty now", Then get me another room where the amenities I PAID FOR WORK, "I cannot It's against resort policy".

THIS IS DISNEY TODAY!

I disagree with that statement. We had an issue with a room a couple months ago and without hesitation they offered to fix the problem or move us without hesitation. It was all taken care of within 45 mins time.

Kman101

I have to agree. I've almost never seen or heard of them refusing to accommodate a room move or a problem in the room. Not saying it won't or doesn't happen. It also depends on how the guest handles it, too. If someone's nasty, I doubt the cast member is going to go above and beyond. Not saying fordexplorer91 was nasty, just using that as an example (and not saying that's an excuse for poor service on Disney's part, either).

If they're "booked" it could be harder to move someone, although I'd imagine they have numerous rooms out of service at a time, it's just probably a matter of them taking the time to juggle some things around. I'd get MGMT.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have to agree. I've almost never seen or heard of them refusing to accommodate a room move or a problem in the room. Not saying it won't or doesn't happen. It also depends on how the guest handles it, too. If someone's nasty, I doubt the cast member is going to go above and beyond. Not saying fordexplorer91 was nasty, just using that as an example (and not saying that's an excuse for poor service on Disney's part, either).

If they're "booked" it could be harder to move someone, although I'd imagine they have numerous rooms out of service at a time, it's just probably a matter of them taking the time to juggle some things around. I'd get MGMT.

The reality is if you happen to be DVC - Disney does not care about fixing your issue you HAVE to come back or so they think, Cash guests are treated better I agree, DVC guests get the short end of the stick and fixing severe issues usually takes a call to member services or your DVC guide or both because resort management does not give a tinkers D--- for DVC guests as they are seen as 'locked in' and cannot vote with their feet.

ToTBellHop

The reality is if you happen to be DVC - Disney does not care about fixing your issue you HAVE to come back or so they think, Cash guests are treated better I agree, DVC guests get the short end of the stick and fixing severe issues usually takes a call to member services or your DVC guide or both because resort management does not give a tinkers D--- for DVC guests as they are seen as 'locked in' and cannot vote with their feet.
So, what you are saying is that I shouldn't buy into DVC.

Bolt

Maybe they just don't like you?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Nah. I've heard similar things from others.

What's depressing is that we are even TALKING about this kind of poor service, Disney used to be the GOLD standard for guest service and this kind of thing did not happen. Now you need to get in their face and force them to make things right where before things were made right without even asking.

Unfortunately it's all about money and comping services because the room was unusable because of fire alarms or other causes negatively affects the resort's financial performance.

ToTBellHop

What's depressing is that we are even TALKING about this kind of poor service, Disney used to be the GOLD standard for guest service and this kind of thing did not happen. Now you need to get in their face and force them to make things right where before things were made right without even asking.

Unfortunately it's all about money and comping services because the room was unusable because of fire alarms or other causes negatively affects the resort's financial performance.
I'm non DVC and experienced similar treatment at the Contemporary. No need to stay there again at those rates.

flyerjab

I don't get what customer service has to do specifically with the Beach Club refurb. I pretty much differ with the vibe of the thread regarding service.

As far as the refurb of the Beach Club, however, I think that the only things that even qualify this resort as deluxe are its proximity to EPCOT, SAB pool area, and the multiple eating establishments. The rooms are bland and worn out at best. Also, if I am paying those prices to stay there, I want a FULL sized balcony. The balconies they have there are a joke! If this refurb does not include full balconies for every room, they aren't doing enough IMHO.

Little Green Men

THIS IS DISNEY TODAY!
Huh? I wrote this post over a month ago and we already had a discussion about how they always make up for my inconveniences... We've switched our rooms before (usually on the first day if its too small or something doesn't work) and always receive a different room when necessary. They've also sent engineers up to us to fix minor problems, and we ARE DVC members....

Little Green Men

I don't get what customer service has to do specifically with the Beach Club refurb. I pretty much differ with the vibe of the thread regarding service.

As far as the refurb of the Beach Club, however, I think that the only things that even qualify this resort as deluxe are its proximity to EPCOT, SAB pool area, and the multiple eating establishments. The rooms are bland and worn out at best. Also, if I am paying those prices to stay there, I want a FULL sized balcony. The balconies they have there are a joke! If this refurb does not include full balconies for every room, they aren't doing enough IMHO.

We had a huge balcony in our DVC room last time, it was on the corner though so it was like the size of another room.

flyerjab

We had a huge balcony in our DVC room last time, it was on the corner though so it was like the size of another room.

I believe that is true for most DVC rooms at the BCV. I am speaking specifically about the resort, not the villas. The resort has many rooms that have what I consider a ledge as opposed to a balcony. I don't even understand why someone felt that this alternative to a true balcony was even acceptable to begin with.

Little Green Men

I believe that is true for most DVC rooms at the BCV. I am speaking specifically about the resort, not the villas. The resort has many rooms that have what I consider a ledge as opposed to a balcony. I don't even understand why someone felt that this alternative to a true balcony was even acceptable to begin with.
Yeah that's true, when we stayed at the resort the balcony was tiny, but we had an amazing view of the pool and the Boardwalk area so we didn't mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom