MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

The Empress Lilly

Frozen in Frontierland is sad and ridiculous. Creative bankruptcy.

But oh well, 'Frozen and the Old West are both American so it fits' and 'I've got a degree in economics so therefore let me inform you people that corporations need to make a profit' and blahblahwhatistheretodoformyprincessblah

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Frozen in Frontierland is sad and ridiculous.

As was Tarzan and the Mickey Christmas show, and having Beauty and the Beast and Lion King in Discoveryland, but it's where a decent stage exists.

Videopolis will be for Jedi Training, the old Fantasyland theatre is now the Mickey greet and the castle stage is for seasonal shows. Other than building a new stage from scratch, it's the best fit in the park for what they want to do.

The Empress Lilly

As was Tarzan and the Mickey Christmas show, and having Beauty and the Beast and Lion King in Discoveryland, but it's where a decent stage exists.

Videopolis will be for Jedi Training, the old Fantasyland theatre is now the Mickey greet and the castle stage is for seasonal shows. Other than building a new stage from scratch, it's the best fit in the park for what they want to do.
I guess....

I just fear a Frozen subland. Theater, meet&greet, background music, marquees. FL West is a bit of no-man's land at the moment, but that doesn't mean that anything should go.

HolleBolleGijs

Frozen in Frontierland is sad and ridiculous. Creative bankruptcy.

While I agree that it's a terrible fit thematically, Fantasyland is a madhouse right now. It's already crowded, but now you have A&E, Rapunzel right across the way, and other princess who I *think* are doing pop-up M&G's now. (I didn't actually see one, but I did see both Tiana and Aurora both heading backstage]. You have this big, absolutely dead space, that is empty most of the time. It just makes sense from a crowd-control standpoint.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Disneyland Parc capacity closure today at 12:00 expected to lift about 2:30pm.

WDS likely to be at capacity very soon.

Pictures on twitter (from InsideDLparis) showing the insane crowds:

B3mwjtWCEAAD-t9.jpg:large

B3mtRK0CEAAJ4KF.jpg

B3mvC9KCUAA_ssF.jpg:large

In other news, the Rat shop is now open to the public and the scaffolding is down around the transportation building on MS.

HolleBolleGijs

Yep, I was there today and it was mad. I totally didn't expect this when I rolled out of bed and decided to hop on a train. I got there at around 1:00pm, and went straight to the studios, where they had these signs to let people who were leaving the studios know:

37SEbI2.jpg

Then I headed over to Parc Disneyland at around 2pm, after checking with one of the Guest Flow CMs, who told it was open, but I probably wouldn't be able to do much. Here's main street (Casey's, line's out of every door):

Ah7qdVB.jpg

Small World:

rVudr9b.jpg

And the evening parade crowd:

7tBzZim.jpg

Everything looked like it was bursting at it's seams. Lines out the door for QS restaurants like Casey's and Market House Deli, parts of queues I've never seen used before filled to the brim (Small World for example). It was more crowded than I've ever seen it, except perhaps on Halloween.

BUT, there were plenty of M&Gs going on. By just wandering around I saw Tower of Terror Goofy, Rafiki, Pinocchio, Pluto, and Christmas Minnie. Also something funky was going on with the studios at around 6, where they were only letting people in in a single file line, and had the main gates (like before you even get to the turnstiles) closed. A CM said "Une entreprise va utiliser le parc" (a business is going to use the park). So I'm not entirely sure what happened with that.

Chez Marianne photos to follow!

HolleBolleGijs

Hitchhiking ghosts are back up and running! I just went to the parks for the last time (I'm flying back to the US tomorrow after 4 months), and they haven't worked since I've been here. They're not quite the same as the US parks; instead of having a ghost in the doombuggy with you, he's kind of on top of it.

Also Carlos' wife is now working again in Pirates!

Last edited:

peep

peep

My biggest fear for this show is being able to find so many kids willing to take part. Audience participation works well in America because there's an audience willing to join in no matter how silly it makes them look whereas the European audience is far more reserved. I think they'll definitely find it hard during certain times of the year when the amount of kids visiting the park is much lower due to all of them being in school and the general quieter times of the year like Jan/Feb.

I suppose time will tell and it will be nice to have a new show in the Resort.

orlando678-

I heard that the star wars show would adapt itself to Europe, so when there would be situations with a very small amount of children there will actually be asked for older volunteers since they're still star wars fans. Disneyland Paris wants to bring magic to everyone and to give everyone a feeling of being a child again and so I think this will be great

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom