Never heard this before

ladydi

My cousin is going on a week cruise over Christmas and then spending two days in WDW on December 27 and 28. She told me that she found a tour guide that will guarantee fast passes for all the rides for $650. She's doing this and splitting the cost with her sister in law. It is not through Disney. I've never heard of this. Is she being taken for a ride?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My cousin is going on a week cruise over Christmas and then spending two days in WDW on December 27 and 28. She told me that she found a tour guide that will guarantee fast passes for all the rides for $650. She's doing this and splitting the cost with her sister in law. It is not through Disney. I've never heard of this. Is she being taken for a ride?
A long, expensive ride.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It's very kind of you to investigate this and do your relatives' due diligence for them -- I hope they'll accept with grace the fact that they're being scammed. Disney offers no such service (free FP+ for every attraction) for purchase or resale by outside agencies. The only way I can see any tour group offering something like this is if they were hiring out a "guide" with a GAC (the most recent incarnation of the disability assistance pass) and using that system for themselves and their party (i.e., their clients). Even then, the group wouldn't be getting Fastpasses, per se, but return times to come back to the next attraction at roughly the same time they'd be riding if they waited in the standby line. On their return, they could then use the Fastpass line -- meaning, they'd technically skip the line for that attraction, but not with the immediacy of an actual Fastpass, and they could only have one such "return time" pending at once. They'll be twiddling their thumbs or visiting another attraction (standby only, during the busiest week of the year!) in the meantime... not to mention contributing to the fraudulent "resale" of GAC services, and perpetuating the kind of abuse that led to the discontinuance of the original DAS system...

If your cousin and SIL enjoy throwing away money like this, however, please tell them I've got some amazing bridges I'd like to sell them... ;) In the meantime, they should check out Disney VIP tours, which are legitimate (and incredibly costly -- but at least they'd be getting something in return, instead of throwing good money after bad) and do offer expedited access to all FP+-enabled attractions.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/vip-tour-services/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim B

At best it sounds like some sort of individual "business" rule bending service concerning the Handicap Access amenities that are extended to legitimate handicapped guests. (The top of the line legitimate Disney Premium Private VIP tour program runs around $300 to $500 per HOUR!!) It may also be an offshoot of the early scheme that was alleged to be a group of annual passholders who would enter the parks and collect the maximum number of Fastpasses and pool them to a "leader" for use in presold "offerings". That may be one of the reasons that led to the early severe limit of the number per day and parks that legitimate fastpasses were issued. The legitimate phone number to the Disney VIP program is (407) 560-4033. An optional Fastpass upgrade program like Universal has is only about $20 additional or so per day per person. Maybe Disney should offer something like that. At any rate I wouldn't get involved with this "deal". With a little planning, timing and effort you should be able to obtain legitimate fastpasses for the rides you want to experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ladydi

Original Poster
Thanks all! I will pass on your information to my cousin. Hopefully she will get it because her brother is severely autistic and she's dealt with the daily struggles. I'll update if she goes through with it.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

The closest thing that you can get to this would be the Disney Ultimate Day of Thrills tour. It is $299 per person and offers rides on all of the major thrill ride attractions plus lunch. It is $299 per person plus a park hopper so about $450. Info can be found on the Disney website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/vip-tour-services/
I'm pretty sure she's being scammed but if they are REALLY interested in something like that I would go for a VIP tour.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Thanks all! I will pass on your information to my cousin. Hopefully she will get it because her brother is severely autistic and she's dealt with the daily struggles. I'll update if she goes through with it.

If he qualifies for a GAC himself, there's no need for them to purchase extra FP+ from some outside agency -- they can make use of the GAC program legitimately. I hope it works out for them... and that they can get their money back from whatever tour group they paid for the nonexistent "unlimited FP+"...

Upvote 0

ladydi

Original Poster
If he qualifies for a GAC himself, there's no need for them to purchase extra FP+ from some outside agency -- they can make use of the GAC program legitimately. I hope it works out for them... and that they can get their money back from whatever tour group they paid for the nonexistent "unlimited FP+"...
Her brother is not going with them so she couldn't use the GAC legitimately. I agree, it's people who have tried to profit from the GAC system that ruined it for the ones who truly need it.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Crazy story! I am so curious to know what she said? This is obviously a scam. Do you know how your sister and her friend came in contact with this person?

Upvote 0

ladydi

Original Poster
Orlando VIPs (but don't automatically bash-maybe she misunderstood). I contacted them and they sounded a little wishy washy about the "extra" fastpasses. They get a few from "annual pass holders." Then they make your fastpasses for you. And his spiel was kind of he knows what you should get and in what order...blah,blah. I could do the same thing for my cousin for free. I can almost guarantee that she still uses this guy. (Different mentality about money in her family!) I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom