Successful room change at check in

Foolish Mortal

Original Poster
So I've read many threads over the years about people inquiring if this is possible. I checked into Riverside today and was able to switch from a standard Princess room to a preferred room in Alligator Bayou. Watched Disneys booking sight like a hawk for months to see if preferred rooms opened up with no luck. Asked awesome cast member Trudy at check in, she called equally awesome Chrissy and were able to do it within minutes. Not only did I save money but I ended up with building 14. Riverside fans understand significance of 14. So it is possible, especially when done politely.

tigger1968

I think you hit the nail on the head with the word "politely." We have managed an upgrade here and there on a few trips and we are always very polite. I think that obviously there needs to be that availability, but I have seen too many rude or impatient guests at check in who think that they can just ask to move up to something different. Like I said, I am always understanding and polite when I ask, and heck, it's just good karma to be nice to the CMs anyway in my opinion. :D

Oh, and Alligator Bayou is my absolute favorite place to stay in a Moderate so I am super jealous...lol.

MCParradox

I've had similar experiences twice, on both occasions I've stayed at Riverside. Both times we had been allocated a room in Magnolia Bend, and we were able to get a switch to Alligator Bayou at check in. The second time we even got an upgrade to a pool room thanks to an awesome CM checking almost every room in AB for availability for us!

JohnD

So I've read many threads over the years about people inquiring if this is possible. I checked into Riverside today and was able to switch from a standard Princess room to a preferred room in Alligator Bayou. Watched Disneys booking sight like a hawk for months to see if preferred rooms opened up with no luck. Asked awesome cast member Trudy at check in, she called equally awesome Chrissy and were able to do it within minutes. Not only did I save money but I ended up with building 14. Riverside fans understand significance of 14. So it is possible, especially when done politely.

I checked into POR on Saturday and checked out today. I stayed in 15. While, I didn't request a room switch here, I did during my last stay at Pop. I was given a handicapped room with a walk in / wheel in shower and king bed. I requested a standard shower with twin beds. They immediately accommodated with a room one floor down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom