Pre-Trip Our Very Merry Christmas Engagement Trip!

It is finally a week to go and we have all our plans set!

We are heading off from Edinburgh next Saturday 6th December to Gatwick then on to Orlando! We have been both waiting for this holiday all year (we were meant to be going in July), and it is my girlfriends first time out of Europe! Incase you are wondering why we did not go in July.... well VISA! Arghh it was a bit of nightmare trying to get the visa for my Polish girlfriend, not that it was hard just time consuming as we had to go down to London for her interview. We got all this paperwork ready to which they never even looked at, but we were so happy when she got out that she got her visa! Made me realise how lucky I was to just fill in the ESTA online!(which I managed to screw up, my own stupidity!haha). Now on with the plans......

C.FERNIE

Original Poster
So as you may have guessed I am going to propose on our upcoming trip. Luckily because we had to delay our trip I was able to save loads of money up for an extra special trip! As my girlfriend has never been to the USA I wanted to make this trip extra special and pull out all the stops! So we begin our journey at Edinburgh Airport where I got us some lounge access (we will be there from 4.30am!) Then we head down to Gatwick where we have to wait a couple of hours... but guess what more lounge access lol. After that we are off to Orlando! Woop Woop! So this is where the fun begins!

C.FERNIE

Original Poster
When we arrive at Orlando we are getting picked up by Disney's Magical Express where we will be whisked away to Boardwalk Villas! I've decided not to do online check in as I wanted my GF to experience some disney magic and I have arranged a few surprises! First off a little less extravagant I ordered some stuff from Garden Grocer, which I was a little unsure about, but wow their customer service is amazing! got a call about 20 mins after the order to confirm! Hopefully all will go well with them, but so far very impressed! Secondly and Thirdly, I ordered some gifts from Disneys Florists! First off as its christmas I got a wee christmas mickey and pluto sled with champagne and chocolates! Then the thing I am sure she will love is the adult princess package which I am sure will be amazing! Then the icing on the cake, going to propose (she already said she didn't like the idea of me doing it in front of loads of people). Then if we can manage it we are off to the Flying Fish Cafe for dinner! Hopefully this will be a good start to the holiday! hehe

C.FERNIE

Original Poster
After our exciting evening I am sure we will sleep in a bit, but the first thing I want to show her is the Magic Kingdom! The only thing I booked food wise was the Crystal Palace so she can meet Winnie the Pooh! But we do have fastpasses for Peter Pan, Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain! I also got us tickets to the Christmas Party at night! I Think we will probably have a break in the day and I found out they will be filming the christmas parade that day!

C.FERNIE

Original Poster
Day 2, We are off to Discovery Cove... I have been before but my GF is super excited about this! Hope i is not too cold! After that we are back at Disney and visiting EPCOT for dinner and drinks! I made a reservation at Teppan Edo! Day 3 we are off to Animal Kingdom where we have lunch booked at Rainforest Cafe!We have fastpasses to Kilimanjaro, Lion King and Dinosaur! Then as I think this park is not a full day in the evening we are going to the Hoop De Doo Musical Revue! Next up we are off to Universal Studios... now my GF is not a fan of roller coasters but we will see what happens! Up next is Disneys Hollywood Studios where we have lunch reservations at the sci fi dine in theater and fast passes for Toy Story, Muppets and Star Tours! Last but not least it is back to EPCOT for the day where we have lunch at San Angel and fast passes for Soarin, Spaceship Earth and The Seas topping it off with the EPCOT dessert party! Sadly we are off home the next day! Let me know what you think of my plans!

RMichael21

I would change something out that would allow you to have another day at MK. For a first timer, it's best to go slower so they can take it all in. With one day at MK, you'll be rushing around. But, after a long flight the day before, you'll get exhausted VERY quickly. So, 2 days at MK will be very much needed.

However, if it's too late to change anything, it should work out ok. ;) I hope you have a magical trip and that the proposal goes well! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom