Strange Alternative to Fantasmic Finale

ChristianG

Original Poster
I was watching recent videos of Fantasmic and saw this (start at 26:20):

This probably isn't a new alternative, but I've never seen this before and thought it would be worth sharing. Also, could this mean they're finally working on the lift or is it just down?

Chef Mickey

Kind of no excuse for something as simple as the final lift working properly. They seem to have issues with it too often.

It's one of my favorite shows on property and this version sort of ruins the magic.

Bairstow

At least they have a backup plan in place.
Better than nothing.

Disneyland has another alt ending to use when the inverse problem occurs:

There's also a contingency show in place at both parks for when the paddleboat is out of service.

Nick Wilde

I was watching recent videos of Fantasmic and saw this (start at 26:20):

This probably isn't a new alternative, but I've never seen this before and thought it would be worth sharing. Also, could this mean they're finally working on the lift or is it just down?

I've never seen the show without the paddleboat. What is this "lift"?

ChristianG

Original Poster
The lift is definitely not working and it looks like it hasn't been for the past week. Here's a video dated December 3rd (start at 6:00):

Do you think they're doing any significant work on it?

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Out of all the times I've seen WDW's Fantasmic, I've never experienced the lift not working. That would totally ruin the finale for me, because that's the most magical part of the show, in my opinion. I have seen the boat not working once in WDW and while I clearly prefer the boat, it didn't change my experience all that much.

I recently went to DLR for the first time and their boat wasn't working when I saw their Fantasmic either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom