For those of you who do not care for Magic Express

MorganKelly

We had almost no wait at MCO for the ME in July, but we waited at least 45 minutes for a bus earlier this month. We arrived at our resort around 11:30 am and happily our room was ready. Our luggage was not delivered until 4:00 pm. Not the end of the world, but an issue for some. It can be a slow process sometimes. We've used ME dozens of times. We know it is not necessarily the quickest way to go, but traffic can be an issue no matter which option you choose. The town car companies are fine, but all in all we find ME to be a very convenient service. Not having to fuss with luggage after we check in at our home airport? Terrific. We sometimes rent a car on WDW property if we need to for a few days, but basically not driving for a week or so is a real treat for me. :D

Philharmagically

In terms of luggage collection, might it just be better to grab it yourself in the airport and take it to the bus? Also, I've heard a lot about getting to WDW, but what about getting back to the airport? I have a domestic flight (which will then be a transfer into an international) at about 8 pm. What time should I get picked up (I'm thinking about possibly spending a morning in one of the water parks).

copcarguyp71

We use Quicksilver Transportation for arrival. No waiting for a bus to fill, the driver meets you immediately at the bottom of the escalator, grabs your bags for you, takes you right outside the doors into a waiting car and away you go. One 10 minute stop at Publix to grab sunscreen, water, snacks, wine and beer for the week and away you go to your resort. Plus on arrival at the resort typically we stroll right through check in instead of having a percentage of the ME bus also checking in at the same time. We use ME for the trip back home because let's face it...who is in a hurry to board a plane and head home?

Skibum1970

We have used DME several times. We stay onsite and thus use bus transportation the entire trip and do not need a rental. Pro's are that it is free and easy. Con's are that you can sit for a while during the load process, particularly if you are first on the bus. It may not actually be that long but it seems to take a half hour. The only other con is that you have to get on the DME three hours before your flight which is a good reason not to schedule an early morning flight home. The last time, we had an 8:00 AM flight and that necessitated a very early morning.

Even with these con's, I will continue to use the DME.

TXDisney

I thought the process once landing and getting to the resort was pretty smooth. Going home was smooth as well. Either disney knows what they're doing or they need to change one big thing. On your way to the airport when leaving it plays a welcome to disney video, which gets you really down about leaving. They shoudo change the videos based on arriving or leaving disney. But the wait time wasn't that bad. We waited in line for the bus for about 10-15min. We stayed at the boardwalk, only stop previous to there was CB resort, so took around 30-45min in the bus, so a total of around an hour or so from when we landed we were at the resort. Keep in mind if you get a can it's still gonna take 30-45min to get to your resort, so it's only around 30min longer take the free DME.

MickeyMomV

I thought the process once landing and getting to the resort was pretty smooth. Going home was smooth as well. Either disney knows what they're doing or they need to change one big thing. On your way to the airport when leaving it plays a welcome to disney video, which gets you really down about leaving. They shoudo change the videos based on arriving or leaving disney. But the wait time wasn't that bad. We waited in line for the bus for about 10-15min. We stayed at the boardwalk, only stop previous to there was CB resort, so took around 30-45min in the bus, so a total of around an hour or so from when we landed we were at the resort. Keep in mind if you get a can it's still gonna take 30-45min to get to your resort, so it's only around 30min longer take the free DME.
I'm thinking your video got mixed up. Usually they have a "leaving video". The whole gang going back to the airport and stopping at the disney store in the airport.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have been hearing mixed reviews about the magic express - those getting to the resort in 1 1/2 hours after landing to those waiting a few hours, with waiting for the bus then waiting with all the stops and then on top of that not having your luggage with you for hours later. I have been looking at limo companies and to get a town car to the resort it would cost around $65 plus tip. I recently used a town car in Las Vegas to our hotel and it was pretty quick to gather our luggage and just hop in the car. It seems as though renting a town car could get us to our hotel in less than an hour. It might be worth the money to avoid the waiting game.

If you don't use the magic express what form of transportation do you prefer? Any companies that you recommend?

I've used Mears many times and the added bonus you can as them to stop at a store briefly. We did a 7/11 for liquids. We have also used Mears to Uni transfered to Disney a few days later and DME back to MCO. We have done Mears shuttle (much like DME but not on steroids) and the towncars. Limo for us overkill. They met us at the esculator for towncar, took our luggage and we were off. Free DME usually wins though. DME wait was 20 minutes and we hit OKW before the FQ this April. Worst wait was late at night. Sat on bus for 30 minutes and hit sooooo many resorts.

righttrack

For us, it's based on our plans.

A. If we are staying on property with no plans to go off property and checking luggage, we take Disney's Magical Express. It's simply faster to not retrieve your bags. That can add 30 minutes to your time. We do a Garden Grocer online order delivered to our room for cases of water, breakfast bars and snacks.

B. If we are staying on property and plan to go to some place off property, we rent a car. We try to carry on our bags so that we don't lose time in baggage claim. I do the grocery store run in that event, rather than the garden grocer.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
OH NO!!!!! We were there October of 13 and they were still running it. Who is Carissa??? Is she on the arrival video too?
Carissa is the new video host. She is very dry, complete opposite of Stacy (in the resort video). The new bus videos are big plugs for MyMagic +, DVC and Adventures by Disney.

The former videos were MUCH better!

MickeyMomV

Carissa is the new video host. She is very dry, complete opposite of Stacy (in the resort video). The new bus videos are big plugs for MyMagic +, DVC and Adventures by Disney.

The former videos were MUCH better!
Alright. I guess I'll get to see it in February when we are there. I'm surprised they don't get Samantha Brown to do the videos. It seems like she does several of the "TV Specials" .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom