Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular

Would this show make a good replacement for Beauty and the Beast?

• No, Beauty and the Beast is still great. They should keep it!

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • No.

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Yes!

Votes: 63 52.5%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So those of you who have been to Disneyland should know of Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular ! I was so incredibly shocked at how entertaining this show actually was! This was mainly because of the Genie character!! He is so hilarious! The actual show itself is really well done! :) But I just really really loved the show.. and apparently the show is so popular in Disneyland that when they were going to remove the show to make way for something new, it had so much of a fan base that Disney actually gave in to its popular demand and let the show stay!

The reason I bring this up... I personally think that WDW should get this show. And the very first place I thought it could go is the the theatre in HS where Beauty and the Beast currently is. It'd be a great replacement! What's old in Disneyland would be new in Disney World... Right?? Does anyone agree with me?

Also, for some amusement, here's some videos of the Genie's hilarious scenes.

Haymarket2008

I think with Aladdin being a fully produced musical in NYC I doubt they would clone the DL version for WDW. This Beauty and the Beast show came out before it was adapted for Broadway. I doubt it would have been made for DHS the other way around. I'm sure it won't be there for that much longer. I think they should go the Tangled or Princess and the Frog route as a replacement.

Chef Mickey

Excellent show at DL that needs to be an addition to Hollywood Studios. Not sure if they could get it in an existing building, but why not just build another theater for it? It could have its own area along with a legit Aladdin ride.

Beauty and the Beast, for me, is a timeless classic. I absolutely love the show.

I think Aladdin needs its own space, preferably indoors.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
It would be a much better replacement for The Little Mermaid show I feel.
That performance space would be waaaayyy too small, though.

I think with Aladdin being a fully produced musical in NYC I doubt they would clone the DL version for WDW. This Beauty and the Beast show came out before it was adapted for Broadway. I doubt it would have been made for DHS the other way around. I'm sure it won't be there for that much longer.
EDIT: I'm deleting half of my original post before yah change the argument I was trying to make like most people do on here.

A theme park show and a broadway show have very little impact on each other. At all. They are apples and oranges. No relation. Even if the show is under the same name. That's almost like saying Festival of the Lion King shouldn't be playing at Animal Kingdom because there was a broadway show on the film before it opened. If anything, a broadway show of Aladdin would increase the popularity of the show in Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:

JohnD

Rumor has it that the Frozen show is moving to the American Idol adventure theatre. Put Alladin where the Frozen show is now. B&B wouldn't need to close.

Matt_Black

Nobody seems to want Indiana Jones or L!M!A! anymore...

guns-swords-o.gif

Indy stays put.

Chef Mickey

Nobody seems to want Indiana Jones or L!M!A! anymore... Why not get rid of one of those outdoor theaters and replace it with a new, large, indoor theatre like they did to Tarzan for Nemo at AK! :)
That would work for me if they had to get rid of something. I'd vote getting rid of Lights Motors Action and building a gigantic theater. They have plenty of room.

I actually like the Lights Motors Action concepts. It's awesome. However, it doesn't have very long staying power and can get repetitive. I'm sure the issue is that "updating" the story requires a lot of training, practice, and production costs. Once they nailed down this format, they are just milking it and people get sick of it. There is no "love" for a character or timeless element to it.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Beauty and the beast is one of the top shows (with mermaid remaining my number 1) performance shows. They wwould be crazy to close either one.

What would be your input if it were to replace LMA? Just wondering ! Maybe it's the actual show I decided it should replace the reason why there's some "nos" at there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom