Remember when WDW had great A/C?

yensid67

Still on the subject of A/C, but a little off...

...does anyone remember how the cold A/C air smelt!? That would always bring back Disney memories when I felt and smelt that type of cold A/C back home. I have noticed last May 2013 I didn't get that same feeling in any or the buildings at WDW!

PLEASE BRING BACK THE COLD REFRESHING A/C FROM YESTERYEAR! I MISS IT!;)

4disneylovers

We were there in August and told the heat index was 120 one day. We felt great comfort when we walked into A/C and if inside long enough even shivered.

sophie_the_pooh

I didn't notice lower AC on our last trip, but it would be a nice change since I always felt it was too strong and often freezing... And I know cold, I live in Montreal...

DManRightHere

(yes I realize it's currently cold out, but I was just thinking of this)

Back in the old days, walking into any building at WDW meant you were met with a powerful blast of refreshing coolness. Today this is mostly not the case. You hardly ever get that awesome climate control anymore, often its cooler than the outside but not cool enough to refresh you.

Even worse, I have found that if the outside temperatures are more mild but still warm, there isn't any air conditioning at all in some attractions which leaves the air feeling warm and stuffy.

Not to turn this into another Disney vs. Universal thread, but at Universal the buildings are still kept very cool, the way WDW used to be.

Boo freakin hoo!

Maybe it's a time perception.

DManRightHere

The only place I can think of freezing is splash mountain que..

It makes sense not to be too cool in most buildings since most people will be cold if in the building for too long.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The only place I can think of freezing is splash mountain que..

It makes sense not to be too cool in most buildings since most people will be cold if in the building for too long.
Sortof. You always set your a/c lower than it needs to be for buildings that you expect a lot of bodies in at any point.

You are aiming for thermal comfort (yes, a real term). There are a few ways to calculate and design this, but for areas that will have large crowds, they will certainly seem almost (if not totally)uncomfortably cold when unoccupied or sparsely occupied.

Victor Kelly

The AC smell you are referring to is actually mold. Usually means the unit needs to be cleaned. Our last trip I noticed the difference in AC temps when walking into buildings, especially attractions.

JIMINYCR

Might not be as cold as it used to be but having it is appreciated. I only wish they would set up more fans along strategic areas on those looong winding queues I always get stuck in, waiting anxiously to get to the threshold and finally step into the a/c'd part of the line.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I can't blame Disney, this is clearly the result of global warming or climate change or polar ice melt or Rosie O'Donnell or whatever it is we want to say to make us feel better about something.

MissM

I think Animal Kingdom is notorious for having the least amount of a/c. Even the shops are barely lukewarm. There's no place to cool off in that park. One of the many reasons I ONLY go there in the winter when it's cool. It's hot outside...it's hot inside...just uncomfortable.

Victor Kelly

I think Animal Kingdom is notorious for having the least amount of a/c. Even the shops are barely lukewarm. There's no place to cool off in that park. One of the many reasons I ONLY go there in the winter when it's cool. It's hot outside...it's hot inside...just uncomfortable.

That makes it more realistic, because Africa is HOT hot hot.

thelookingglass

Original Poster
Went in September and Tower of Terror was Brutally cold. Like I live in Florida and know how to run an A/C but they were killing it at TOT. I honestly could have spent all night in the library.
Hmm. That's odd. Outside of the lobby, ToT, I've noticed, has some of the worst A/C out of all the attractions. The ride itself is especially stuffy. I know the drop shafts are always warm, but before that, I remember it used to feel cold, and it doesn't anymore.
Boo freakin hoo!

Maybe it's a time perception.
If Universal can keep their attractions refreshingly cold (and also maintain them...) then so can WDW.

Disneydreamer23

Universal was VERY cold when we went but Disney was also pretty cold in my opinion! I do slightly remember a part on Winnie the Pooh I felt a little toasty though .:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom