What did they to to my escargot at F&W?!?

durangojim

Original Poster
I am so bummed! My favorite dish and my son's too is the escargot in brioche served at the France kiosk at the food and wine festival. I could make a whole meal out of that and have in the past. This year I read that they changed it and was still open to it...until I saw the picture today. I'll try this new dish, but I really wish they kept the old one.
It went from this:hungry:
escargot.jpg
(pic courtesy of the disney food blog)

To this:
Tartelette-aux-escargots.jpg

So bummed. But maybe it'll be good. I'm hoping.:(

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am so bummed! My favorite dish and my son's too is the escargot in brioche served at the France kiosk at the food and wine festival. I could make a whole meal out of that and have in the past. This year I read that they changed it and was still open to it...until I saw the picture today. I'll try this new dish, but I really wish they kept the old one.
It went from this:hungry:
escargot.jpg
(pic courtesy of the disney food blog)

To this:
Tartelette-aux-escargots.jpg

So bummed. But maybe it'll be good. I'm hoping.:(

I don't even understand what I am looking at. I loved the old Escargo too, I need to do a little research on this it seems.

durangojim

Original Poster
I don't even understand what I am looking at. I loved the old Escargo too, I need to do a little research on this it seems.
Appararently it's a tart with escargot, butter, garlic, and spinach inside and bacon with parmesan on top. I loved the old one because the flavors were basically the escargot, butter, garlic, and bread. This seems like too much going on. The food blog says testers have raved but I'm not so sure. I've made a reservation for my son and I to eat at Chef's de France as a backup if this isn't good but the escargot at the kids was the best!

Phonedave

I agree, the new dish sounds pretty good, but it is not "Escargot" - it is a dish with escargot in it.

Even though I enjoyed the original, I though it was at times a little too much bread (or, conversely, too small of an escargot)

-dave

tecowdw

Escargot in any form...
:eek::hungover:
That's just one of things that even the smell is nauseating to me.

However, this new version looks like it would mask the taste of the escargot much more though. It will be interesting to hear what fans of the old think about this version.

durangojim

Original Poster
Just flying back from Epcot today and I have to say that neither my son or I who are escargotphiles did not enjoy the new escargot at all. Such a shame because it was just about perfect before. Thank goodness we were on the Dream 5 days prior and were able to get our escargot fix there.

To elaborate the garlic and butter flavor that we enjoy with escargot were lost and replaced with mushy spinach and Parmesan along with some crispy bacon, none of which complemented the escargot flavor that we love.

shipley731

I had the new version of the Escargot at F&W this year & thought it was pretty good. Different from the old version, but I like the fact that they did something different.

NMBC1993

They changed the escargot? Huh, I have no idea. Since I have no urge to try it, that's fine with me....I'll be over here with my Teriyaki Gyoza Bun and Sake Sunrise:hungry:

But in all seriousness, I know how it feels to lose a favorite dish. Every year I scan the menus, hoping China's Cold Sesame Noodles make their return once again.

alissafalco

Just flying back from Epcot today and I have to say that neither my son or I who are escargotphiles did not enjoy the new escargot at all. Such a shame because it was just about perfect before. Thank goodness we were on the Dream 5 days prior and were able to get our escargot fix there.

To elaborate the garlic and butter flavor that we enjoy with escargot were lost and replaced with mushy spinach and Parmesan along with some crispy bacon, none of which complemented the escargot flavor that we love.
Ugh sounds gross :hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom