Remember when WDW had great A/C?

thelookingglass

Original Poster
(yes I realize it's currently cold out, but I was just thinking of this)

Back in the old days, walking into any building at WDW meant you were met with a powerful blast of refreshing coolness. Today this is mostly not the case. You hardly ever get that awesome climate control anymore, often its cooler than the outside but not cool enough to refresh you.

Even worse, I have found that if the outside temperatures are more mild but still warm, there isn't any air conditioning at all in some attractions which leaves the air feeling warm and stuffy.

Not to turn this into another Disney vs. Universal thread, but at Universal the buildings are still kept very cool, the way WDW used to be.

thelookingglass

Original Poster
The restaurants and shops are usually still really good (because they want you to stay in them and spend money). Shows are also usually kept cool, but I was thinking back to a lot of recent visits to attractions where the air inside was rather stuffy and uncomfortable. Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, to name a few.

HRHPrincessAriel

It never bothered me when we were there this summer. Maybe it's because I'm from Texas. The heat outside felt no different than in TX and the AC inside was what I'd expect here.

Tom Morrow

I have noticed this on warm but not brutally hot days. The average A/C at Universal seems significantly stronger to me.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
But it's Florida, and the heat and humidity can be brutal. Quality A/C is crucial to enjoying the parks on those hot summer days.

I think it comes down to personal comfort levels. I just don't feel well in the heat and humidity; gives me headaches and I need to really pace myself. However, I'm fine in very cold weather, which most people can't stand!

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

I hate super cold A/C. Best way to catch a bad cold because of the too high difference between indoors and outdoors. I also think we all have a different degree of tolerance when it comes to heat/cold, some will be bothered easily and some will not.

MorganKelly

The only place that always seems warm to me is the Disney Store at DTD. So much so that I usually leave before buying everything I had planned to (not always a bad thing!:joyfull:) Otherwise I think the AC works pretty well. I can assure you it was working well at OKW on our recent visit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom