Choosing between 2 resorts

daisyduckie

Original Poster
So I'm in the planning stages of a quick trip to WDW. It will be for only 3 or 4 nights, and the travelers will be me and my adult nephew. He really doesn't care what resort we stay at, so I get to choose.:)

Right now I'm torn between 2 resort, the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Beach Club. We have never stayed at AKL as it doesn't appeal to any other family members. But I think it looks beautiful and would love to give it a shot. The Beach Club would be great location wise, as we spend a lot of time in Epcot. We both love Illuminations and will see it every chance we get!

So between those 2, which would you chose? I'm leaning towards the Beach Club for location, but would love to try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thoughts?

Skibum1970

Usually, I'm picking between moderates and deluxes. At this point, I would give AK a shot as you may never have another trip where you can choose so easily. It does look beautiful (went there for supper one time) and was designed by the person who created the Wilderness Lodge (my personal favorite). Beach Club is starting a rehab process right now although it may not impact you at all. For myself, I go with my gut decision which usually leads me to a favorite resort instead of trying something new. It may seem boring but it is just my method.

s&k'smom

Don't get me wrong the convenience of BC and the great pool are super however AKL is something special. I would go with that especially if you have never stayed there.

MCParradox

I'm tempted to say AKL as well, having visited it on my last trip, it's a beautiful hotel. Not that BC isn't a nice place, but AKL is something else. Make sure you try the zebra domes if you do go there! (I think that's what they're called...)

ToTBellHop

AKL is a truly unique experience and a gorgeous hotel while Beach Club costs more and is dated (and will be under construction as a result). AKL all the way.

HouCuseChickie

Never stayed at BC, but we have stayed at YC and stayed at AKL. I preferred AKL. Actually, I think we all preferred AKL. Yes, the bus rides take a bit longer, but we never had any issues with the buses, the CMs were awesome, great dining, and gorgeous grounds. Also, we did not pay for a savannah view, but had 3 different savannah view options when putting in our room preferences at 60 day online check in. Obviously, it wasn't Arusha, but we had tons of animals off of our balcony and more $ in our wallet to do other things.

disneypearl

Not an easy choice, but a fun one! Those are actually the only two deluxe resorts I've stayed at, and are both wonderful. I enjoyed them both greatly, but I did love Beach Club more. The beauty and location of Beach Club was perfect. Animal Kingdom Lodge is actually beautifully themed as well. It is very unique and peaceful. Having animals out your balcony is so great to wake up to.
I would personally pick Beach Club. However, seeing that this might be your only time to get to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge you may want to grab this opportunity. It really is a great resort!

righttrack

AKL is special and beautiful. Beach Club is great location-wise, but far from as special. There is Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge, all of the rest is a distant second.

StarWarsGirl

When are you going? BC will be under refurbishment starting this month and lasting for about 18 months.

Normally I would say BC for location (it's within walking distance to Epcot and either a long walk or the boat to DHS), but if it's going to be a construction zone when you're there, go with AKL.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Is the bus service ok from AKL? It really doesn't look like it is much farther out than the All Stars, and I have stayed at those a few times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom