The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

Well I just finished up a day at Universal. Here are my thoughts and criticisms. Spider-Man, Transformers, and Mummy all went as expected. As a bonus I think I saw the old Kong track that still exists in Mummy's building.
Forbidden Journey had two problems:
1. The Dragon didn't breathe his "fire."
2. Dementor face projection. Always been a problem so nothing new there.
Now Diagon Alley. As was discussed several days ago, Weasley's arm is still not working. Don't know what's wrong with it but I hope it gets fixed. Gringotts had a big problem with audio. Not the voices, but the SFX was very low. Thieve's Downfall was working and the other fog effect worked a bit halfway (if you've seen it you know what it is). No problems with MIB or Simpsons either but man could E.T. use a nice refurb. King Kong is MASSIVE, can't wait till it opens. Heading over to Magic Kingdom now, talk to you guys more later :)

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Nah... there would be no need to destroy it. There are many DVD's out there. In fact, I have one. Perhaps someday we will have matured enough as a species to be able to watch it without getting all incensed.
I have a copy as well. Very poor quality, but something is better than nothing.

TalkingHead

Nah... there would be no need to destroy it. There are many DVD's out there. In fact, I have one. Perhaps someday we will have matured enough as a species to be able to watch it without getting all incensed.

I've got the Japanese laserdisc from the 1990s, which I burned onto a DVD. I imagine it's available on torrents for those who are a little tech savvy, yes?

Mike S

Tonight at the Magic Kingdom was pretty darn good overall. Did BTM first with a fastpass. The waterfall at the beginning and the projection in the "earthquake" scene both weren't working but it was still the same old fun ride I love (can't wait for us to get the upgrade from Disneyland). After that I hit Splash Mountain which was only a 5 minute wait so the CM let us ride twice in a row without leaving the log :) The first Goose wasn't moving his mouth though and both blue birds had problems. Brer Roadrunner was just gone completely and I noticed a really rough looking patch on the wall in the zip-a-dee-doo-dah room. Other than that the ride was in great condition. I'll see what happens with each of those AA's over the weekend while I'm here. Now Pirates, probably the roughest ride at MK I rode today. Blackbeard projection not working, the flash not working on the Skeleton Pirate, and the Mayor wasn't coming up from the well as well as the rope he's attatched to not even being in the proper position and laying on the floor from the looks of it. Apparently the Mayor was working yesterday according to comments from guests sitting behind me. Maybe it's time for a good refurb. Next up, Jingle Cruise. Loved it. Got a great Skipper and there was much more this year compared to last year (actual decorations in the ride!). Didn't really notice anything not working here. Then we went over to Haunted Mansion. The wallpaper in the stretching room still has really rough spots but the ride itself seemed fine. Well, that was my night. Everything I did besides BTM was pretty much a walk on. Lucky me :D

Longhairbear

I doubt Disney would ever admit it, but I bet they destroyed the master copy, just to keep it from every being released again.
From trusted friends who work in Hollywood, that Song Of The South got a full on restoration back when Eisner was in power. Not because it would ever be shown here in the USA again, but just so that there would be a pristine copy in the vaults.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
From trusted friends who work in Hollywood, that Song Of The South got a full on restoration back when Eisner was in power. Not because it would ever be shown here in the USA again, but just so that there would be a pristine copy in the vaults.
I would assume that would have been for the foreign market Laserdisc presses? They were running through the whole vault back then, and did it again for DVD, and now are doing it again for BluRay.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Has anyone mentioned this?

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/arti...star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-on-friday

Trailer for the new Star Wars movie will be released on Friday on Apple's iTunes!!!!!!!!
It will also be at these theaters nationwide.

Enough to make me go out and see Penguins, or Big Hero again, or Hunger Games...or something...

sw.0.png

I've already bought tickets. I'll be at the Nashville Carmike.

Skibum1970

Tonight at the Magic Kingdom was pretty darn good overall. Did BTM first with a fastpass. The waterfall at the beginning and the projection in the "earthquake" scene both weren't working but it was still the same old fun ride I love (can't wait for us to get the upgrade from Disneyland). After that I hit Splash Mountain which was only a 5 minute wait so the CM let us ride twice in a row without leaving the log :) The first Goose wasn't moving his mouth though and both blue birds had problems. Brer Roadrunner was just gone completely and I noticed a really rough looking patch on the wall in the zip-a-dee-doo-dah room. Other than that the ride was in great condition. I'll see what happens with each of those AA's over the weekend while I'm here. Now Pirates, probably the roughest ride at MK I rode today. Blackbeard projection not working, the flash not working on the Skeleton Pirate, and the Mayor wasn't coming up from the well as well as the rope he's attatched to not even being in the proper position and laying on the floor from the looks of it. Apparently the Mayor was working yesterday according to comments from guests sitting behind me. Maybe it's time for a good refurb. Next up, Jingle Cruise. Loved it. Got a great Skipper and there was much more this year compared to last year (actual decorations in the ride!). Didn't really notice anything not working here. Then we went over to Haunted Mansion. The wallpaper in the stretching room still has really rough spots but the ride itself seemed fine. Well, that was my night. Everything I did besides BTM was pretty much a walk on. Lucky me :D

Maybe the pirates finally drowned the mayor for not talking. He's no chicken, you know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom