The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

A little. Hubby wore long pants and a collared, solid colour golf shirt.
SIL and I just wore capris, with a slightly dressier top.

In all, maybe 10% of the folks were dressier, 50% were definitely in "park attire", and the remaining 40% were dressed to the same degree we were.

Both are Signature Dining, so keep in mind if you are using the DDP, they both require 2 credits/person.
Thanks, I will pass it by the kiddos.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My "vomit free since December 1996"-streak nearly came to an abrupt halt tonight.

The idiots in the basement spilled their bong water, sopped it up with a towel, threw the soaking wet towel in the hamper, and put a bunch more stuff on top. Presumably a couple of days ago.

So, I'm down there sorting laundry, and start pulling out some slightly damp towels and tees, and my nostrils are assaulted by this fetid odour. Once I actually got to the towel in question, I started gagging and retching so hard that I woke up Adopted Son in the next room.

Did I mention they're moving? On January 1st? Did I mention that January 1st cannot possibly come soon enough?

And silly me, for just a tiny moment, was starting to feel a little verklempt about my baby moving out.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My "vomit free since December 1996"-streak nearly came to an abrupt halt tonight.

The idiots in the basement spilled their bong water, sopped it up with a towel, threw the soaking wet towel in the hamper, and put a bunch more stuff on top. Presumably a couple of days ago.

So, I'm down there sorting laundry, and start pulling out a some slightly damp towels and tees, and my nostrils are assaulted by this fetid odour. Once I actually got to the towel in question, I started gagging and retching so hard that I woke up Adopted Son in the next room.

Did I mention they're moving? On January 1st? Did I mention that January 1st cannot possibly come soon enough?

And silly me, for just a tiny moment, was starting to feel a little verklempt about my baby moving out.
dafuq_meme_by_allx1905-d4uktao.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow...I've 35 pages to catch up on....
I've been out of commission helping my partner through a total knee replacement. Hasn't been easy for either one of us.
At any rate...wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving surrounded by lots of great food, and the people you love.
-T

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! I'm sure that assisting someone after an operation like that must have its challenging moments, but each day will get a little bit better (for both of you). We're glad you stopped in, and again, I wish you a happy holiday with lots of good things to eat! :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My son and I got a pumpkin roll for tomorrow morning. It's our morning Thanksgiving tradition to eat pumpkin roll and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I wish you all a wonderful and WARM Thanksgiving with your friends and family.

Oh, i LOVE pumpkin roll. :hungry: I didn't buy one, however, because I'd eat the whole thing by myself, over the course of maybe 2-3 days. (No self control . . . :oops:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wasn't offered any rehab time after surgery. I had to figure everything out on my own. I could go into detail about the things one has to figure out how to do, but, just for the sake of explanation, try putting on socks when you can't bend your leg.

Oh my. I am very surprised that you didn't have help. My sister (who also lives alone, like you) had a knee replacement last spring; and (after a week in a skilled nursing facility) she had a physical therapist come to her home a few times a week, for a couple of weeks. There was also a visiting nurse who came by once a week, and a a social worker who also came by once a week for a few weeks. (That must have been very hard for you to handle your recovery all alone. Sorry you had to deal with that.)

Goofyernmost

Oh my. I am very surprised that you didn't have help. My sister (who also lives alone, like you) had a knee replacement last spring; and (after a week in a skilled nursing facility) she had a physical therapist come to her home a few times a week, for a couple of weeks. There was also a visiting nurse who came by once a week, and a a social worker who also came by once a week for a few weeks. (That must have been very hard for you to handle your recovery all alone. Sorry you had to deal with that.)
It's OK, remember what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Besides I just sat in my recliner most of the day watching Hogan's Hero's marathons on TV. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom