Dining plan when switching resorts -- complicated question

kniquy

Original Poster
This may or may not be a complicated question. We are staying our first 3 days at CBR with meal plan (this portion of our trip was booked on through the main Disney website) we are then transferring to SSR for our last 3 days with the meal plan but staying under DVC with a meal plan (this was booked through davids vacation club rental)

Our plan for change over day is to go to epcot in the morning but will not get to the SSR until the evening. Would the dining plan for the second leg of our stay be in effect prior to getting to our room or is it only active when we officially check into the room.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Your plan from the first resort stay is good until midnight on your switch day(last day of 1st dining plan), and you need to check in at the 2nd resort to make sure your bands etc are connected with the new reservation/dining plan first before use. Also your second dining plan as usual will be good until 11:59pm check out day from that Ressie too.
A little tip if you had no credits left from your first plan on switch day(that you can use until 11:59pm) and want to eat before you check in at the new resort you can pay out of pocket and they can reimburse you and use a dining credit from your second dining plan once you check in. We did this on our last trip a few weeks ago. They reimbursed everything but the tip of course(as a credit on your room) and used a credit from our dining plan. They did this at the front desk while checking us in.
Hope this all makes sense. Lol :)

Last edited:

kniquy

Original Poster
Thanks! I think that clarifies my question. I think with the ADR that I have made I will have used up most of our dining plan credits. Definitely good to know that they will reimburse

Rob562

My one caution is that you might want to make sure to use up all Dining Credits from the first reservation before you check into the second one, especially if both reservations are linked to your MDE profile. I'm not sure that the system can handle credits from two different dining plans being active on one profile at the same time.

Even if it can, there's no harm in using them up before your second checkin if that's your plan.

-Rob

kniquy

Original Poster
Rob -thanks for the tip. I looked at the reservations we have already and it looks like we will have used up our first dining plan. My concern is to have the second plan in effect for our change over day so that we can use it right away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom