The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Wow...I've 35 pages to catch up on....
I've been out of commission helping my partner through a total knee replacement. Hasn't been easy for either one of us.
At any rate...wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving surrounded by lots of great food, and the people you love.
-T
no thanksgiving for me, but ill take the day off from work for real resting :p

Cesar R M

SophiesChoice.jpg

StarWarsGirl

My grandfather had a knee replacement and he was out of the hospital in a couple days, in his 80s.

As for me I broke my wrist, badly apparently because I have a plate in it. Took me a couple months to relearn how to use it. My dominate arm too, well, mostly dominate arm. I finally broke my 7 year curse last year because usually I break or sprain the same wrist every 7 years.
I've never broken a bone.

Even after the 200 pound TV got dropped on all of my fingers.

donaldtoo

My grandfather had a knee replacement and he was out of the hospital in a couple days, in his 80s.

As for me I broke my wrist, badly apparently because I have a plate in it. Took me a couple months to relearn how to use it. My dominate arm too, well, mostly dominate arm. I finally broke my 7 year curse last year because usually I break or sprain the same wrist every 7 years.

Back when I was 13 (on a Friday the 13th, no less), I did this to my calcaneus bone when I caught it on the end of a diving board...

foot_frx_calcaneus_arrow.JPG

Split it open like a birds beak. The ER orthopedist (in his early 60's) said he'd never seen anything like it before.
That was some serious pain, right there.
Thankfully, I've never had anything like that happen since. I will have some pain if I stand on it too long, but, fortunately, that's about it. :)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Will+X-Ray+Show+Tumor&Form=IQFRDR

Goofyernmost

My MIL had total knee replacement at 88 years old. She did a week of rehab in the hospital and went back to her condo alone. I think it has much to do with the talents of these surgeons.
I wasn't offered any rehab time after surgery. I had to figure everything out on my own. I could go into detail about the things one has to figure out how to do, but, just for the sake of explanation, try putting on socks when you can't bend your leg.

FutureCEO

Back when I was 13 (on a Friday the 13th, no less), I did this to my calcaneus bone when I caught it on the end of a diving board...

foot_frx_calcaneus_arrow.JPG

Split it open like a birds beak. The ER orthopedist (in his early 60's) said he'd never seen anything like it before.
That was some serious pain, right there.
Thankfully, I've never had anything like that happen since. I will have some pain if I stand on it too long, but, fortunately, that's about it. :)

ouch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom