The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

Especially if you sprinkle them with crumbled bacon. :hilarious:
stock-vector-devil-laughing-and-holding-a-trident-vector-illustration-with-simple-gradients-73840825.jpg

seahawk7

So I watched the first Hunger Games last night...for the first time. It was good enough that I need to see the second now.
Yeah I could never bring myself to watch it. The kids being hunted or whatever theme.
anigif_enhanced-21149-1404228685-16.gif

By the way, there is something wrong with kids being hunted. But not with people watching the Hunger Games just wanted to make my post clear. Whew!

Last edited:

seahawk7

Caution: More school venting ahead...

So today, I had a makeup test from when I was out sick. For this class, we only have two tests a semester worth a decent chunk of our grade, and this was the second one, so it was rather important

I felt like I got very little studying done for it over the weekend since a final paper for another class was due Sunday at midnight, and I was very stressed about that. So last night, I went into high study mode with the test, and then I was stressed because I felt like I wasn't retaining any information. So I didn't sleep well because I was so worried about this test and was worried about failing it. Then I woke up this morning to study...only to fall asleep while studying because I hadn't slept well. So I was studying right up until it was time to take the test, feeling like I hadn't retained any of it, and feeling quite stressed, but I took a deep breath and went for it. I was hoping that I had gotten around an 85 on it, and just really hoping I hadn't failed it.

But then several hours later, I got an email from the professor. I got a 28/30, and she put a two point curve on all of the tests, making it a perfect score.

I really need to work on how I deal with school stress...because I lost sleep over absolutely nothing. And I'm still not quite sure how I did that.
So when I was in school, I had a professor who said that coloring in coloring books with crayons helped relieve her stress in graduate school. I have heard this many times since.

seahawk7

@seahawk7 , regarding the squash discussions, I like mine straight up! Yup, I know some people throw in pecans and cinnamon, etc., or they bake it in various concoctions. But for me, I've always loved plain old acorn or butternut squash that was boiled and mashed. (Sometimes, if it's included in a big turkey dinner for example, I might put a little gravy over it.) But aside of that, I just love it plain. Guess I'm just a Plain Jane . . . :p
You are not a plain jane, you are a classic!

seahawk7

Wow...I've 35 pages to catch up on....
I've been out of commission helping my partner through a total knee replacement. Hasn't been easy for either one of us.
At any rate...wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving surrounded by lots of great food, and the people you love.
-T
I hope the recuperation is quick. The people I have known who have gotten knee replacements say they were well worth it.

FutureCEO

My grandfather had a knee replacement and he was out of the hospital in a couple days, in his 80s.

As for me I broke my wrist, badly apparently because I have a plate in it. Took me a couple months to relearn how to use it. My dominate arm too, well, mostly dominate arm. I finally broke my 7 year curse last year because usually I break or sprain the same wrist every 7 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom