Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

jrh1985

Almost all of the 60th rumors have been coming over the last six to eight months from Miceage Updates. They are all still available in their archives on the Micechat website, under Miceage Updates. Once Miceage Update reveals the rumor, several very solid insiders on boards like this will chime in and admit that Miceage is correct and/or maybe fill in a few extra details.

But for the most part, it's all been stuff coming from MiceAge. Read their archives from 2014 this holiday weekend if you get the chance. It's fascinating.
I've been following MiceAge and this site all along, It's AWESOME!!! Almost too good to be true, which is why I've been dying for DLR itself to confirm it. Especially the night parade. There's been rumors/questions online for years asking if DL would get MSEP or a night parade again. All that has come true as of now is Day Parades that look really good at night. Mainly POD & Soundsational. I grew up during DL MSEP's final years.Then LM happened. Then DL went down to one parade. It seems that we are REALLY CLOSE this time! I just hope DL admits it soon!

As for Fireworks, I don't doubt the people on here that a new show is coming, but can they get all the new launch sites ready by May? Didn't it take DL a year to get ready for RDCT? Unless I'm not remembering correctly.

WOC 2.0: I wasn't worried about it before Winter Dreams this year but now, They can't cut part of the WOC Theme song can they?

Is something 60th going into WOC? Someone on MiceAge said that Winter Dreams may not perform next year because of the 60th?

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
As for Fireworks, I don't doubt the people on here that a new show is coming, but can they get all the new launch sites ready by May? Didn't it take DL a year to get ready for RDCT? Unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Installing for Remember took long because they had to set up the new launch areas. That was years ago. They've already been set up, so it shouldn't take them too long now.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've been following MiceAge and this site all along, It's AWESOME!!! Almost too good to be true, which is why I've been dying for DLR itself to confirm it. Especially the night parade. There's been rumors/questions online for years asking if DL would get MSEP or a night parade again. All that has come true as of now is Day Parades that look really good at night. Mainly POD & Soundsational. I grew up during DL MSEP's final years.Then LM happened. Then DL went down to one parade. It seems that we are REALLY CLOSE this time! I just hope DL admits it soon!

WOC 2.0: I wasn't worried about it before Winter Dreams this year but now, They can't cut part of the WOC Theme song can they?

Is something 60th going into WOC? Someone on MiceAge said that Winter Dreams may not perform next year because of the 60th?

You're worried about a lot of things that no one but Steve Davison could answer, and he's not about to post here. Stuff like theme songs and Winter Dreams for next year are going to be wait and see stuff no one can answer for you.

jrh1985

Installing for Remember took long because they had to set up the new launch areas. That was years ago. They've already been set up, so it shouldn't take them too long now.
So all their doing is reusing the RDCT launch areas? For some reason I thought I read on here that there would be new launch areas in addition to the RDCT ones. If I misread that, never mind.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
So all their doing is reusing the RDCT launch areas? For some reason I thought I read on here that there would be new launch areas in addition to the RDCT ones. If I misread that, never mind.

They could be adding some more. None of us knows for sure yet. Nothing's been announced or confirmed. You really just need to wait and see. We all do.

Mike S

GiveMeTheMusic

Jungle Cruise is joining the ranks of attractions that need a pre-holiday and post-holiday refurb, so with the extensive work on Jingle Cruise it's not a surprise. Will be curious to see how long Snow will be down for.

TP2000

I checked the Disneyland.com calendar and it seems Snow White is closed for just one day, January 7th. It isn't on the calendar when you look at the 8th and beyond.

Which fits the recent pattern of weird, short rehabs that we've never seen them do before. The Fantasyland dark rides have been closing for one or two days recently.

My guess is that it's part of the bigger rehabs to come. WDI needs a day or two to climb through each ride, take modern laser measurements for digital HD mapping projectors, see if the old 1982 blueprints still are relevant (blueprints from that long ago might as well be from 1782 with all the advancements in computer aided design the last 20 years), figure out spatial dimensions within each scene, etc., etc. Then they can make final tweaks and adjustments to the work they are doing on the upcoming big rehabs for the 60th additions.

At least that's my best guess as an armchair Imagineer.

Mike S

I checked the Disneyland.com calendar and it seems Snow White is closed for just one day, January 7th. It isn't on the calendar when you look at the 8th and beyond.

Which fits the recent pattern of weird, short rehabs that we've never seen them do before. The Fantasyland dark rides have been closing for one or two days recently.

My guess is that it's part of the bigger rehabs to come. WDI needs a day or two to climb through each ride, take modern laser measurements for digital HD mapping projectors, see if the old 1982 blueprints still are relevant (blueprints from that long ago might as well be from 1782 with all the advancements in computer aided design the last 20 years), figure out spatial dimensions within each scene, etc., etc. Then they can make final tweaks and adjustments to the work they are doing on the upcoming big rehabs for the 60th additions.

That's very good to hear.

GiveMeTheMusic

All very true and possible, but it also may just be that the calendar isn't complete yet. ;) Hopefully we'll know for sure soon, especially since we should get a real announcement in January.

TP2000

Disneyland seems to be getting to the point where it just needs to close for a few days before and after the Christmas season.

While I get your point, the amazing thing is that even with a half dozen rehab closures at any one time, Disneyland has more operating rides than any other Castle park around the world has without rehabs. And DCA has more operating rides than any of the three non-Castle parks at WDW, without rehabs (not that they do regular rehabs at WDW's parks, but let's pretend).

Disneyland Park - 46 Attractions, 34 are rides, 11 are E Ticket rides
Magic Kingdom - 36 Attractions, 25 are rides, 7 are E Ticket rides

Then the non-Castle parks...

DCA - 31 Attractions, 21 are rides, 5 are E Ticket rides
Epcot - 23 Attractions, 8 are rides, 6 are E Ticket rides or shows
(each ride-less World Showcase country counts as at least one Attraction, like Italy, Germany, Morocco, UK, Japan, etc.)
DHS - 14 Attractions, 5 are rides, 4 are E Ticket rides
DAK - 13 Attractions, 7 are rides, 4 are E Ticket rides

I should figure up these tallies for the Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong parks. My hunch is Anaheim would still come out on top, with Tokyo the only one to put up a decent fight.

lego606

MagicBandit
While I get your point, the amazing thing is that even with a half dozen rehab closures at any one time, Disneyland has more operating rides than any other Castle park around the world has without rehabs. And DCA has more operating rides than any of the three non-Castle parks at WDW, without rehabs (not that they do regular rehabs at WDW's parks, but let's pretend).

(each ride-less World Showcase country counts as at least one Attraction, like Italy, Germany, Morocco, UK, Japan, etc.)

I should figure up these tallies for the Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong parks. My hunch is Anaheim would still come out on top, with Tokyo the only one to put up a decent fight.

If you add it all up, Disneyland Resort has more rides than WDW. Not saying which are better or worse, just... interesting.

mickEblu

Interesting Breakdown. Out of curiosity could you tell me which attractions you consider E tickets at Disneyland and DCA? I got stuck at 9, I'm assuming to get to 11 you counted Autopia and Finding Nemo as E tickets ? At DCA I'm guessing you consider either Grizzly River Run or Toy Story Midway Mania as a D ticket ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom