Got a call from Disney today

betty rose

I agree, but what is WDW supposed to do about it. Is there supposed to be a decency checker at the bus stop ?

Now if it was pointed out to a CM, and then the CM did nothing, that is a different story.

We had an incident on bus on our last trip. A group of people who clearly enjoyed the alcoholic offerings at the Luau were on the bus back to SSR from MK with us. They were loud, obnoxious, one guy was vaping, and for some reason one guy felt the need to open his shirt and rub his nipples. They were in the back of the bus, and I could see the driver keeping an eye on them. But really, what was the driver going to do? Stop in the middle of the road and throw them off? He let them off at their stop and they went away (with the non-drunk members of their party). As long as they were not assaulting someone, or causing a danger, then there really was not anything the driver could do at the time.

-dave
You just proved my point.

DisneyFreak23

So, we just got back home last evening, and today I received a call from WDW. I had sent an email complimenting a gentleman named Percy, who happened to be our mousekeeper in the 50's section of Pop Century. He was awesome. Also, Janath in the pool area went above and beyond. Disney thanked me for letting them know about the great service and wanted to know how the rest of the trip went. (Well, she asked):oops:
I told her about the dirty diaper in the line into Haunted Mansion. YUK.. I also let her know that while we had a great week, we knew it was the last time down there due to having to reserve everything, and eating cold food because stupid people cannot figure out how to use their dining plan when going through the checkout. We finally rented a car, and ate offsite. Anyway, I was still pleasantly surprised that they would call me so soon.

So, did they compensate you or reward you in some way for putting up with some inconveniences and still complimenting others?

betty rose

Seems pretty obvious that most here agree that public indecency is illegal and also distressing. Posting/signs, as you well know, are frequently ignored/missed/misunderstood/in-another-language-than-the-intended-recipient. Curious what beyond posting dress code you think would be appropriate response. A violator could easily say they never saw website dress code. Stuff like this happens daily in our town.
If Disney can print maps in other languages, they can't put that out to visiting people from other countries. If, we as American's should abide by other countries standards, why shouldn't they abide, by ours? Now, if Disney has lowered their standards, then they should alert visiting guests to that fact. This was not someone from another country. Which makes what happened, more appalling. It seems that people , have more excuses than verses in the Bible. Heaven, forbid I should bring that up!

Goofyernmost

If Disney can print maps in other languages, they can't put that out to visiting people from other countries. If, we as American's should abide by other countries standards, why shouldn't they abide, by ours? Now, if Disney has lowered their standards, then they should alert visiting guests to that fact. This was not someone from another country. Which makes what happened, more appalling. It seems that people , have more excuses than verses in the Bible. Heaven, forbid I should bring that up!
The bible is your owners manual, but, it isn't everyone's. So you are probably correct.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Because there were children on the bus.
Disney has a dress code so they can enforce infractions that are extreme, say complete public nakedness. They are not going to do anything about an infraction of this nature. Disney does not drive culture for the most part, it follows and sometimes tries to influence culture. If you want to change culture, that starts first at home then moves outward into your community.

Example. I think sagging is vulgar and stupid. Should I require Disney to regulate it while I am at their park. No. If I dislike it bad enough, I start in my community on trying to educate those who sag as to why I think its bad and why its better for them to wear their pants up at their waste instead of above their knees.

betty rose

Disney has a dress code so they can enforce infractions that are extreme, say complete public nakedness. They are not going to do anything about an infraction of this nature. Disney does not drive culture for the most part, it follows and sometimes tries to influence culture. If you want to change culture, that starts first at home then moves outward into your community.

Example. I think sagging is vulgar and stupid. Should I require Disney to regulate it while I am at their park. No. If I dislike it bad enough, I start in my community on trying to educate those who sag as to why I think its bad and why its better for them to wear their pants up at their waste instead of above their knees.
The bible says evil exists, when a good man does nothing. Enough said. The bible also says, don't cast pearls before swine. I will no longer defend my position on this thread. It's very clear, I'm in the minority. I will pray for all of you. My heartfelt , regrets to all of you. Good by. I will no longer be a part of your community.

betty rose

The bible says evil exists, when a good man does nothing. Enough said. The bible also says, don't cast pearls before swine. I will no longer defend my position on this thread. It's very clear, I'm in the minority. I will pray for all of you. My heartfelt , regrets to all of you. Good by. I will no longer be a part of your community.
We do not see that in my community.

Dad 2 M & M

This was not someone from another country. Which makes what happened, more appalling.
Uhh.....this bothers me as much as when someone mentions one of those tour groups from South America....the misbehaving people I have seen have been an equal sample of ALL who attend.....

Dad 2 M & M

May I point out...if you are in the minority (seems you are), it is not because you were wrong to complain, but most realize/believe it is an exercise in futility to complain.

Tom

Beta Return

They don't need to put "Don't let your vajayjay hang out" in their rule book or on signs, because that's already covered by law. So, telling Disney that you could see someone's mommy parts on a bus isn't going to generate much response, because there's nothing they can do after the fact.

If you had been in a situation where you could have gotten a CM to witness the public display of nudity in person, they could have addressed the situation and shown her to the Minnie Mouse Underoo aisle in the Emporium. Otherwise, it's just something you have to deal with in today's society of misfits.

WDW 3

betty rose, what response were you really expecting?
Personally, for the huge number of people that are there every day, I find most pretty well behaved. I'm a glass half full kind of gal while my dh would view the exact same thing differently as a glass half empty dude.

betty rose

Personally, for the huge number of people that are there every day, I find most pretty well behaved. I'm a glass half full kind of gal while my dh would view the exact same thing differently as a glass half empty dude.
Perhaps I just wanted the days when people had self respect, and acted accordingly .

betty rose

They don't need to put "Don't let your vajayjay hang out" in their rule book or on signs, because that's already covered by law. So, telling Disney that you could see someone's mommy parts on a bus isn't going to generate much response, because there's nothing they can do after the fact.

If you had been in a situation where you could have gotten a CM to witness the public display of nudity in person, they could have addressed the situation and shown her to the Minnie Mouse Underoo aisle in the Emporium. Otherwise, it's just something you have to deal with in today's society of misfits.
Too sad society has reached this level. I guess I was more shocked about the gradual level of decline by Disney patrons. I only asked Disney to do better enforcement of their own rules, or re-write the ones they have.

betty rose

I guess I was so disappointed in guests behavior, that it colored my whole experience. I still love being at Disney, and told them so. Perhaps I should go during the winter season, when the temps are cooler, and will unlikely repeat the experience. lol

Dwarful

Society in general has declined in behavior expectations. Indecent behavior should not be tolerated but unfortunately we live in an 'its all about me' society for the most part. People in our area were unhappy about a recent verdict and behavior from society has bordered on terrorism. Jobs have been lost, businesses have been burned and people have been shot.

It would be nice if we could go to Disney to 'escape reality' but in fact people bring their behaviors and issues with them. if it is completely inappropriate...nudity, public intoxication, or violence shouldn't be tolerate. The rest, we chalk it up to poor upbringing, bad choices, and/or stress. But we try not to let it ruin our vacation.

betty rose

I envy you soooooo much. lol
Society in general has declined in behavior expectations. Indecent behavior should not be tolerated but unfortunately we live in an 'its all about me' society for the most part. People in our area were unhappy about a recent verdict and behavior from society has bordered on terrorism. Jobs have been lost, businesses have been burned and people have been shot.

It would be nice if we could go to Disney to 'escape reality' but in fact people bring their behaviors and issues with them. if it is completely inappropriate...nudity, public intoxication, or violence shouldn't be tolerate. The rest, we chalk it up to poor upbringing, bad choices, and/or stress. But we try not to let it ruin our vacation.
Thank you for your words of wisdom. And they say "an old dog can't learn new tricks" lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom