Got a call from Disney today

Phonedave

It's not funny. Public indecency is illegal.

I agree, but what is WDW supposed to do about it. Is there supposed to be a decency checker at the bus stop ?

Now if it was pointed out to a CM, and then the CM did nothing, that is a different story.

We had an incident on bus on our last trip. A group of people who clearly enjoyed the alcoholic offerings at the Luau were on the bus back to SSR from MK with us. They were loud, obnoxious, one guy was vaping, and for some reason one guy felt the need to open his shirt and rub his nipples. They were in the back of the bus, and I could see the driver keeping an eye on them. But really, what was the driver going to do? Stop in the middle of the road and throw them off? He let them off at their stop and they went away (with the non-drunk members of their party). As long as they were not assaulting someone, or causing a danger, then there really was not anything the driver could do at the time.

-dave

Dwarful

Just curious where this happened? All of the quick service restaurants I have eaten at have you order and pay first, then step ahead to wait for your food. I'd like to avoid wherever this was.

I've had this happen more than once at Sunshine Seasons. The dessert options are great but when people don't understand...then get to the register and find out they could have cream brulee or other treats....it does cause a jam especially at busy times. Otherwise most quick service locations the desserts stink.

betty rose

I agree, but what is WDW supposed to do about it. Is there supposed to be a decency checker at the bus stop ?

Now if it was pointed out to a CM, and then the CM did nothing, that is a different story.

We had an incident on bus on our last trip. A group of people who clearly enjoyed the alcoholic offerings at the Luau were on the bus back to SSR from MK with us. They were loud, obnoxious, one guy was vaping, and for some reason one guy felt the need to open his shirt and rub his nipples. They were in the back of the bus, and I could see the driver keeping an eye on them. But really, what was the driver going to do? Stop in the middle of the road and throw them off? He let them off at their stop and they went away (with the non-drunk members of their party). As long as they were not assaulting someone, or causing a danger, then there really was not anything the driver could do at the time.

-dave
Disney has a dress code, it's posted on their web sight. She was clearly violating the rules. As I said, children were on the bus. You are making assumptions here, I did not ask the driver to pull her off the bus. It was reported to corporate, as many people are clearly in violation of Disney's own dress code. I just requested that they do more to make the parks for decent families. As many people on this web sight has stated, when you see something clearly not right, take it to the top.

stevehousse

You could have just told her to close her legs and problem solved! Now I guess during the security checks they're gonna ask to see your underwear strap so make sure u r wearing them!

Very funny story...inappropriate yes, but It's funny...

betty rose

You could have just told her to close her legs and problem solved! Now I guess during the security checks they're gonna ask to see your underwear strap so make sure u r wearing them!

I see no humor in children being confronted with public indecency. You don't know the whole story, and as this sight is supposed to be contain PG material, I didn't want to get graphic. She was clearly doing this to gain attention. And I wasn't going to call more attention to the situation. I am glad that you see this as inappropriate dress for a "family" park. Another incorrect assumption, she was older than a "girl".

BrianV

I'm always in the park on the wrong days!!! :(

betty rose

As an adult, I can appreciate you finding humor with this story. But, being with my grandsons, age 11 and 9. Was distressing to me.
All I wanted from Disney, is for them to post the dress code, or at least alert what happens during food and wine. I've gone to Disney for years, not to food and wine. Just surprised how you have to watch everyone, when clearly Disney has no interest in enforcing their own rules.

MaryJaneP

Seems pretty obvious that most here agree that public indecency is illegal and also distressing. Posting/signs, as you well know, are frequently ignored/missed/misunderstood/in-another-language-than-the-intended-recipient. Curious what beyond posting dress code you think would be appropriate response. A violator could easily say they never saw website dress code. Stuff like this happens daily in our town.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Next topic, I really pitty the person who doesn't do reservations and think their gonna get in with no wait or issues

I just finished visiting 4 different entertainment experiences as part of a nearly 2 week vacation.. and none of them included me making reservations to get in with no wait or issues beyond my hotels and actual trip booking. Maybe instead of defending Disney to no end.. customers should start wondering 'Why must it be this way'?

Some people don't do reservations for everything.. or hate that you do need to do that.. simply because it's constraints you don't need to do everywhere else to enjoy yourself. At Disney, yes.. and it's getting worse.

betty rose

Seems pretty obvious that most here agree that public indecency is illegal and also distressing. Posting/signs, as you well know, are frequently ignored/missed/misunderstood/in-another-language-than-the-intended-recipient. Curious what beyond posting dress code you think would be appropriate response. A violator could easily say they never saw website dress code. Stuff like this happens daily in our town.
I'm very sad that people's standards are so low.

betty rose

MaryJaneP

I'm glad I live in a cold climate. Just wondering, weren't you brought up with a modesty standard?

Not us, but can't rationalize how crazy other people behave. Unfortunately, probably has been the case over the centuries, now we just have greater and faster access to these improper examples. Sorry you and your family has to deal with this.

betty rose

Not us, but can't rationalize how crazy other people behave. Unfortunately, probably has been the case over the centuries, now we just have greater and faster access to these improper examples. Sorry you and your family has to deal with this.
Thank you for understanding my distress. I'm 66 years old, and can't understand the new standards. I only wanted to alert to Disney, that their parks, were no longer "family" friendly. I certainly didn't intend to be the butt of jokes.

betty rose

Those three words summarize it all. Your actions are a reflection of yourself, of those around you, and those who raised you.
So sad, but true. I just wish that Disney would represent, a positive example. I was literally dismissed for my concern. I have gone to Disney since it opened, and had an interval of not going, due to surgery issues, and a new
location. And, I have to admit I didn't expect such changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom