So I know where I want to go...sort of???

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
We are staying for 7 nights if all goes according to plan. So these are our must dos:

Crystal Palace (before park opening breakfast)
O'hana (first night dinner with fireworks viewing after)
Akershus (Princess Breakfast)

So that leaves me with 4 table service meals. Not sure what I want to try. None of us are adventurous eaters.

Tinkerbella16

Just got back last week. My favorites were-

Garden Grill is awesome! Food was the best we had all week and the characters were fun. They came around about 3 times! Akershus breakfast was really good! The photo package w/Belle was great... and the food was hot and delicious. Via Napoli was another favorite of the week. The pasta AND the pizza is delicious! The Zeppole dessert was awesome! Just some suggestions. Cape May Cafe is a great buffet breakfast & dinner.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster

Garden Grill is awesome! Food was the best we had all week and the characters were fun. They came around about 3 times! Akershus breakfast was really good! The photo package w/Belle was great... and the food was hot and delicious. Via Napoli was another favorite of the week. The pasta AND the pizza is delicious! The Zeppole dessert was awesome! Just some suggestions. Cape May Cafe is a great buffet breakfast & dinner.

I was thinking about Garden Grill and via Napoli. Heard amazing things about both. We are doing one full day and one evening in Epcot so that might work.

Figaro928

They discontinued the photo package with Belle at Akershus. Now it's an extra cost :(

belledream

I third Garden Grill, or maybe Coral Reef if you haven't been there before?

Liberty Tree Tavern and Plaza Restaurant are good options for MK if you need more.

For AK, I'd actually go to Rainforest Café for the convenience factor, and their menu (while not amazing) is extensive and the atmosphere is quite fun. Or you can go to a resort/Downtown Disney to dine.

HS I'd say 50's or Mama Melrose.

DisneyDebNJ

We are staying for 7 nights if all goes according to plan. So these are our must dos:

Crystal Palace (before park opening breakfast)
O'hana (first night dinner with fireworks viewing after)
Akershus (Princess Breakfast)

So that leaves me with 4 table service meals. Not sure what I want to try. None of us are adventurous eaters.
Great choices! With your remaining dining credits, you didn't mention if you were looking for breakfast or dinner options, or if you would be in the parks or not. SO many choices!
I would throw Liberty Tree Tavern in there for lunch. Maybe 1900 Park Fare for breakfast? We absolutely loved Via Napoli for dinner! Chefs de France was a wonderful surprise to us this year. Maybe Garden Grill at Epcot?

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I have a thread with my thoughts on parks each day of our trip under trip planning. Was looking at La Hacienda and San Angel. Which is better?

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
We love Mama Melrose but have never tried any others at HS. Plus my friend who is going with us is gluten allergic and kind of said she didn't see much she could have at MM

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
50's worries me because my hubby doesn't take well to the ribbing I've heard about from the CMs. So thinking we should try Sci Fi. If so, any suggestions on what to order? I was thinking the steak.

belledream

50's worries me because my hubby doesn't take well to the ribbing I've heard about from the CMs. So thinking we should try Sci Fi. If so, any suggestions on what to order? I was thinking the steak.
It's really not that bad but obviously you'll want to feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible on your vacation. Anyways, I got the Reuben and my fiance got the infamous All American Picnic burger. He loved it though I wouldn't suggest it to anyone unless they are a 20 year old food fiend with a miraculous metabolism LOL. I enjoyed the Reuben - didn't think it was anything special though. The milkshakes are great.

That's my only experience with Sci Fi in recent times.

DisneyXmas

Years ago I wrote off mama melrosa's, but decided to give it a try again 2 years ago after seeing positive reviews. The Steaks are awesome I do get penne instead of the Mac and cheese to go with it, my son likes the chicken parm, plus we get calamari which is very good as well. Icing on the cake bread service still exists here as well. Very filling meal, you will not be disappointed

Figaro928

Oh of course it is! Disney giveth, Disney taketh! Glad I went when we did! We were just there less than 2 weeks ago and got it! It is discontinued starting in 2015?

I believe so... it wont be there when we go in February 2015. Or I should say... Belle will be there, but it is no longer included with the price of meal. To purchase to picture will be an extra charge :bored:

TXDisney

Like your dining plans already. I'd look into a dinner at Epcots WS. There's bottomless options there obviously. California grill is an option as well for a MK day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom