Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Nland316

Visited the parks today, and was wondering something concerning the new night parade we'll be getting next summer. Will the floats meet the height requirement to fit underneath the overhead Christmas garland? I'd assume they will be performing the parade during the Christmas season because it is part of the 60th festivities. While looking at some youtube videos of Hong Kong's parade, they do seem a bit tall, which is a bit concerning. I really hope it doesn't mean we'll be getting new Main Street decorations like WDW.

Figments Friend

I saw it for the first time, and love it. I hope the lights they use on California Screamin during the finale is reuse in new world of color.

Agree. I love the look of that lighting.
The best part of the 'Winter Dreams' show, in my opinion.
Adds a really nice effect and looks ...well....'pretty' !

:)

George Lucas on a Bench

Visited the parks today, and was wondering something concerning the new night parade we'll be getting next summer. Will the floats meet the height requirement to fit underneath the overhead Christmas garland? I'd assume they will be performing the parade during the Christmas season because it is part of the 60th festivities. While looking at some youtube videos of Hong Kong's parade, they do seem a bit tall, which is a bit concerning. I really hope it doesn't mean we'll be getting new Main Street decorations like WDW.

It is pretty shocking what they've done at Walt Disney World, but I guess absolutely nothing is sacred out there. The Mickey wreaths strung over Main Street are such a classic element. Of course, it's not that they simply removed them, it's that they replaced them with these atrocious-looking structures.

Disney Analyst

I received a bit more info, this time regarding World of Colors revamp.

They will be draining the lagoon come January, and rebuilding the platforms. Then reinstalling fountains, adding new fountains and lighting fixtures. They will be adding 400 more lighting fixtures to the Screamin' supports (they added 200 new already this year for Winter Dreams) which will cover every inch of the coaster, and they reprogrammed the lighting for Winter Dreams as a mapping project as opposed to a lighting design. Which is why, if you look at the lighting on Screamin' this year you'll notice their is more detail and flair. In the section where the lights swirl around they are more curved then angular etc.

Once the additional fixtures are adding, Screamin' will essentially act like a big LED screen.

Nland316

I received a bit more info, this time regarding World of Colors revamp.

They will be draining the lagoon come January, and rebuilding the platforms. Then reinstalling fountains, adding new fountains and lighting fixtures. They will be adding 400 more lighting fixtures to the Screamin' supports (they added 200 new already this year for Winter Dreams) which will cover every inch of the coaster, and they reprogrammed the lighting for Winter Dreams as a mapping project as opposed to a lighting design. Which is why, if you look at the lighting on Screamin' this year you'll notice their is more detail and flair. In the section where the lights swirl around they are more curved then angular etc.

Once the additional fixtures are adding, Screamin' will essentially act like a big LED screen.
All of that will only take 3 months? It seems like a lot of work to get done within that timeframe. Glad about how they are rebuilding the platform! Hopefully this means the fountains will finally always be hidden in the daytime like they are supposed to.

JediMasterMatt

All of that will only take 3 months? It seems like a lot of work to get done within that timeframe.

It's sad that the thought of a 3 month window not being enough to do massive refurbishment isn't enough; but, that is what current Disney Parks management has conditioned fans to expect.

The truth is that 3 months is more than enough time to get a massive amount accomplished when projects are funded properly and there is motivation to doing what is necessary to get things completed. If there is a will there is a way.

Anaheim is willing to pull offline significant chucks of their entertainment schedule to get things completed in time for the 60th. They are willing to wall up and drain the pond and make Paradise Pier a mess while doing so.

On the other side of the country, you have an earth moving project at the Hub that is going to run a year and a half because they aren't willing to do work during daytime hours or close off a good portion of the Hub to knock out both the north and south side of the project at one time.

The difference between the two is that one resort knows that to do what is needed it will cause pain and they've decided much like a Band-Aid - the best way to get it done is to rip it off. The other resort would rather have that nasty Band-Aid fester on and on because they wouldn't want to cancel a few parades and Castle stage shows for a period of time to get the work done quickly.

It's refreshing to hear that when motivated, Disney Parks can still work miracles. I have not doubts that WoC 2.0 will be a significant technical upgrade. I just hope the show content delivers as well; but, in Steve I trust.

jrh1985

It's sad that the thought of a 3 month window not being enough to do massive refurbishment isn't enough; but, that is what current Disney Parks management has conditioned fans to expect.

The truth is that 3 months is more than enough time to get a massive amount accomplished when projects are funded properly and there is motivation to doing what is necessary to get things completed. If there is a will there is a way.

Anaheim is willing to pull offline significant chucks of their entertainment schedule to get things completed in time for the 60th. They are willing to wall up and drain the pond and make Paradise Pier a mess while doing so.

On the other side of the country, you have an earth moving project at the Hub that is going to run a year and a half because they aren't willing to do work during daytime hours or close off a good portion of the Hub to knock out both the north and south side of the project at one time.

The difference between the two is that one resort knows that to do what is needed it will cause pain and they've decided much like a Band-Aid - the best way to get it done is to rip it off. The other resort would rather have that nasty Band-Aid fester on and on because they wouldn't want to cancel a few parades and Castle stage shows for a period of time to get the work done quickly.

It's refreshing to hear that when motivated, Disney Parks can still work miracles. I have not doubts that WoC 2.0 will be a significant technical upgrade. I just hope the show content delivers as well; but, in Steve I trust.
I trust Steve too but I hope they don't take out the WOC'S opening song like Winter Dreams this year. It sounds like that was someone else's idea, not Steve's. Who's all working on WOC 2.0? Is it still rumored? DL has made no announcement about WOC 2.0, much less the 60TH.

Any more news/rumours about the new night parade and the fireworks?

JediMasterMatt

I trust Steve too but I hope they don't take out the WOC'S opening song like Winter Dreams this year. It sounds like that was someone else's idea, not Steve's. Who's all working on WOC 2.0? Is it still rumored? DL has made no announcement about WOC 2.0, much less the 60TH.

Parts of the parade are parked backstage.

Firework work starts after the Holiday wind down and sniff... Remember doesn't come back. =(

What I've heard is more air launched in park effects are on the plate along with some updated lighting (maybe even projection) effects.

GiveMeTheMusic

The 60th entertainment should be officially announced at a media event in January once the Christmas season is over.

TP2000

Almost all of the 60th rumors have been coming over the last six to eight months from Miceage Updates. They are all still available in their archives on the Micechat website, under Miceage Updates. Once Miceage Update reveals the rumor, several very solid insiders on boards like this will chime in and admit that Miceage is correct and/or maybe fill in a few extra details.

But for the most part, it's all been stuff coming from MiceAge. Read their archives from 2014 this holiday weekend if you get the chance. It's fascinating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom