NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm disappointed more of you didn't have faith in the Ravens... but its OK :D Now if only the wacky raiders hadn't ruined my perfect week!
In all fairness, I don't really have faith in either of those two teams. So in that case I picked the home team.

John

I'm disappointed more of you didn't have faith in the Ravens... but its OK :D Now if only the wacky raiders hadn't ruined my perfect week!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I came home Monday afternoon from work and changed my pick to NO. I know.....I know.....I listened to, to much sports talk radio. I guess its one time where I am glad I was wrong. But now I am worried about this weeks game against San Diego. The Ravens tend to get big headed and lose focus. If this game was on the road I would be really worried. The chargers defense isn't the Saints defense. They will not rack up over 200 yards in rushing. If the Ravens win this game I think they have a decent shot making the playoffs. Congrats on yhis weeks pic to you and OSUgirl.

John

BTW, the Saints are a really bad football team right now. Thank God for Drew Breese, if it wasn't for him there would be little left to cheer for.

OSUgirl77

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I came home Monday afternoon from work and changed my pick to NO. I know.....I know.....I listened to, to much sports talk radio. I guess its one time where I am glad I was wrong. But now I am worried about this weeks game against San Diego. The Ravens tend to get big headed and lose focus. If this game was on the road I would be really worried. The chargers defense isn't the Saints defense. They will not rack up over 200 yards in rushing. If the Ravens win this game I think they have a decent shot making the playoffs. Congrats on yhis weeks pic to you and OSUgirl.
Thanks!
The Ravens should win at home, although they don't seem to have that air of invincibility at home like they used to.

R W B

BTW, the Saints are a really bad football team right now. Thank God for Drew Breese, if it wasn't for him there would be little left to cheer for.
I think we're (the Saints) are where the Cowboys were in recent years meaning we have talent and a lot of it all over the place except for 2 main areas, mainly our O line needs help and we need some more help in the secondary (Vacarro and Lewis are fine). Letting Malcolm Jenkins go was the dumbest move our GM has made in his tenure here.

I hope so, too. He's a good kid who works hard and has a lot of heart. The Browns totally screwed him over, I'm glad he's getting another shot.
Yea, browns didn't help him at all. Thought he was gonna come in and save the day. Too many teams do that to these rookie QBs though. You have exceptions like Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck but not many guys are ready straight out of college to come a start in the NFL, then when they fail they get 1-2 seasons tops and BAM, its a life as a backup.

PUSH

Original Poster
@Nemo14, your coach had a very in-depth evaluation on the Brady and Rodgers matchup we'll see this weekend.

1560602_10152652055036263_6943442333705973966_n.jpg

Nemo14

@Nemo14, your coach had a very in-depth evaluation on the Brady and Rodgers matchup we'll see this weekend.

1560602_10152652055036263_6943442333705973966_n.jpg

LOL - Our local news always does a tune about Belechik's one-word press conferences. I'm very excited about the game Sunday. Both teams are playing well, so it should make for some great football!

PUSH

Original Poster
LOL - Our local news always does a tune about Belechik's one-word press conferences. I'm very excited about the game Sunday. Both teams are playing well, so it should make for some great football!
They are conveniently ranked #1 and #2 in both NFL.com's and ESPN.com's power rankings. Should be interesting to watch all the storylines unfold such as the "potential Super Bowl matchup" or the "battle for MVP" and all the rest. In all reality, this game doesn't mean as much as it's being made out to be. The game the Packers played against the Vikings last week was bigger in terms of playoff implications. But it will still be fun to watch! It's the first time Rodgers and Brady have ever played against each other!

Nemo14

They are conveniently ranked #1 and #2 in both NFL.com's and ESPN.com's power rankings. Should be interesting to watch all the storylines unfold such as the "potential Super Bowl matchup" or the "battle for MVP" and all the rest. In all reality, this game doesn't mean as much as it's being made out to be. The game the Packers played against the Vikings last week was bigger in terms of playoff implications. But it will still be fun to watch! It's the first time Rodgers and Brady have ever played against each other!
I know. It will be interesting to see the two stategies there. I'm psyched for it.

PUSH

Original Poster
To go with Bill's comments of Rodgers/Brady, Mike McCarthy had this comparison... "They're both from California." Wow, this is getting juicier by the minute!

rael ramone

Wanted to post this before the games today:

Based on the ESPN Playoff Machine, it's possible for Green Bay to finish 12-4 and MISS THE PLAYOFFS. :eek:

Detroit would have to win out (including in Lambeau week 17, and sweep Chicago - and who knows what Chicago team shows up).

San Fran would have to win out (including a sweep of Seattle)

Dallas & Philly would have to split their games, and win the rest (both of their toughest games left are at home).

Arizona can lose a maximum of 2 games (one would have to be vs SF, the other doesn't matter).

And if all of the above teams finish with exactly 12 wins:

Detroit #1 seed
SF #2
(IIRC) Philly #3
south 'winner' (using the term 'winner' very loosely here) #4
Arizona #5
Dallas #6
Green Bay goes home.

And if everything goes 'just so', and the league chooses Det & GB as the Sunday night game, it could be the ultimate play in game:

Winner gets home field throughout
Loser goes home.

(The above scenario doesn't work with Seattle getting to 12. Seattle, Dal & Philly can't all get to 12).

Washington may end up the only NFC team not in the NFC South that has a worse record then the NFC South winner. :eek: Atlanta could win with 11 losses.

And in the AFC, Cincy can go 10-5-1 and finish LAST. (It would be even funnier if the other 3 division leaders face plant and finish 10-6).

rael ramone

OK, Seattle beating San Fran means we won't see a 12 win team possibly miss the playoffs this year.

One thing for certain: Good teams (perhaps Great teams that could have made a run) in both conferences will stay home - and a really, really, bad team will get to host a game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom