The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Caution: More school venting ahead...

So today, I had a makeup test from when I was out sick. For this class, we only have two tests a semester worth a decent chunk of our grade, and this was the second one, so it was rather important

I felt like I got very little studying done for it over the weekend since a final paper for another class was due Sunday at midnight, and I was very stressed about that. So last night, I went into high study mode with the test, and then I was stressed because I felt like I wasn't retaining any information. So I didn't sleep well because I was so worried about this test and was worried about failing it. Then I woke up this morning to study...only to fall asleep while studying because I hadn't slept well. So I was studying right up until it was time to take the test, feeling like I hadn't retained any of it, and feeling quite stressed, but I took a deep breath and went for it. I was hoping that I had gotten around an 85 on it, and just really hoping I hadn't failed it.

But then several hours later, I got an email from the professor. I got a 28/30, and she put a two point curve on all of the tests, making it a perfect score.

I really need to work on how I deal with school stress...because I lost sleep over absolutely nothing. And I'm still not quite sure how I did that.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks but I'll pass.

My mom makes a carrot casserole dish for Turkey Day and I don't even eat that and I love carrots. Difference is I hate cooked veggies.

The problem with cooked vegetables is when the cook doesn't know how to properly prepare them. To many peeps just turn veggies into overcooked mush that lacks flavors.

I made a butternut squash soup last thanksgiving. This year, southwestern corn chowder.

I love both of those, unfortunately this year Panera made a horrid version of squash soup. It tasted like baby food out of jar and no flavorings. Despicable.

Also, I apologize for my ramblings a few hours earlier..
faith in humanity is still very low.

We all loose it at times friend! :happy:

You have to learn that media in situations like this hype no matter what side you land on. If you really want to make up your own mind all data will be posted online in short order. That way you can make an educated decision in your own mind vs being spoon fed all the blah blah blah rants being uttered presently. I looked again once this morning praying for the well being of the cities of people and have not been back to read or listen to it because now most forms of media have moved away from reporting and are in editorial modes. Big Difference.

Gabe1

Sliced summer squash dipped in egg then flour and then lightly browned in oil in a skillet and a pinch of salt. :hungry:

Can I add a pinch of garlic to the flour please?

thank you.
I will be with her tomorrow to make a "watch" row.
hopefully she will be discharged from the hospital and keep treatment at home.

I honestly think it was a combination of bad food poisoning (my mother thinks the same) and weakened immune system (she as been working way too much plus taking care of 7 puppies that were born 2 weeks or so ago!)

Did I hear Puppies?

Prayers and big {{{HUGS}}} to your sister.

Caution: More school venting ahead...
I really need to work on how I deal with school stress...because I lost sleep over absolutely nothing. And I'm still not quite sure how I did that.

I worried about my DD for the same reasons throughout high school and college. She did the same. You guys have amazing work ethics and determinations to graduate with honors, getting the most out of your education. I think you two are just wired that way, I don't think change is in the future.

Gabe1

Making tea. Who wants some?

Yes please. Sleepytime would be nice. :hungry:

If you put beer in coffee, you wouldn't have to choose between the two. But I'm not sure how that would taste.

Coffee Beer is one my son adores. It is expensive, $12 for 4 cans.
images

Oh my. As per usual, who'd a' thunk, but, I LOVES me some clam chowder/clams. :hungry:

Well Dear Friend, at least we can agree about soup if not our adult beverage choices.

StarWarsGirl

I worried about my DD for the same reasons throughout high school and college. She did the same. You guys have amazing work ethics and determinations to graduate with honors, getting the most out of your education. I think you two are just wired that way, I don't think change is in the future.
I just wish I would learn to RELAX a little. Instead of losing sleep...:banghead:

Cesar R M

So I watched the first Hunger Games last night...for the first time. It was good enough that I need to see the second now.
the second is way better.. but really gives you so much anger and murder feelings towards the "president"..
trust me, noone gave me such anger-hatred..etc.. feelings since Jason Isaacs in his perfectly acted character as that ahole colonel in "The Patriot" by Mel Gibson.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom