The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Too late for me.
I've been watching CNN's coverage in Ferguson.
I think I'm having a bit of a panic attack. Not sure if I'm going to cry or throw up.

Without coming down on one side or the other, I just want to ask - what good comes of rioting and looting?
Tomorrow morning, that young man is still dead. Some folks will still hate cops. The agitators will go home. And the town will be left in shambles.

And for Pete's sake, who shoots at firemen to prevent them from putting out the fires?

Decision made - I'm gonna cry.
Rioting and looting seems akin to when people were forced to march and fight to defend their rights.
I really feel like some areas are going back to the 1940's, where oppression of the black were outright disgusting.

Its also a huge drawback in my country as well. where Government actively killed protesters (using allied narc lords) to shut down protests.

Cesar R M

My job has thankfully evolved over the years.
The Company no longer feels the need to micro-manage. It is now left up to the individuals on site to determine days off.
As you may recall, on my last site, I worked 4 days/week for 4 months, ultimately selling all 82 units. If I'd actually had a competent partner, we could have split the week 3 days each; after the initial rush in the first two weeks.

On a somewhat related note - sad news from Hubby's work partner, M.
After receiving a jubilant call from him just before we left, that the tumour in his back was benign, we learned from the boss that he was hospitalized last week, and has been given the bad news that the latest biopsy confirms that it is cancer. He is in Princess Margaret Hospital in downtown TO - one of the most recognized hospitals worldwide for cancer research. Mike plans on visiting him in the next day or two.
hang on, does this means his benign tumor evolved into a cancerous one?
or he had another tumour hidden?

Cesar R M

I don't believe there were too many that honestly believed this would not happen no matter what the outcome was. Even the locals were boarding up businesses in anticipation. Had peaceful demonstrations in IL far from the epic center. I still have vivid memories of being in Perry Georgia during the riots when Rev.King was killed. Women and children were fair game to harm in spirited revenge of the Reverends murder. I didn't grasp it then, I don't grasp the violence and destruction now. I find it puzzling that there isn't outrage that a police officer was shot last night or that a firefighter was shot at.
There was a nice graphic.
The whole reveal was strategically planned.
They knew the outcome way before..
But they waited for a) less movement in town, b) near weekend c) to have enough police with military equipment and national guard armed to the teeth.

Also, there are some disgusting information appearing on internet.
Like the main prosecutor of the case.. who actually was one of the top donnors for the fund of the cop accused of murder.
Other donors who claimed "no racism here". Were found to be KKK members thanks to facebook photos.
infact, most of the actively protesters who defended the cop.. had ties with KKK.

not to mention that the cop was actually removed (disbanded police squad) in another town, for alleged abuse and racist profiling.
so it boggles my mind he was never found to be guilty of anything. Worse now that a 12 year old kid was gunned down by a cop on the spot.. for having a fake air soft gun replica.(same way a father who was talking on the phone, holding a fake rifle.. was gunned down as well.. the worst? in the videos of the store, they show white men and women with heavy weaponry.. strolling like nothing. but only the black guy had the police called on him)

:bored:

Cesar R M

Also, sorry about talking politics..
lets say I just had a very disgusting row on cnn.com (which are seriously filled with severely racist people who insist they are not while throwing the N word left and right)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
hang on, does this means his benign tumor evolved into a cancerous one?
or he had another tumour hidden?
It probably means that the tumour was cancerous all along. It was a very complicated situation for months; the samples having been reviewed by five separate hospital pathology departments. Sounds like someone jumped the gun saying "not cancer", instead of sticking to the "inconclusive" diagnosis they had previously given him.

Apparently they took a very large sample for testing this time, and the results are now incontrovertible. Hopefully, this months long delay in treatment is not going to prove detrimental.
It is a lymphoma, not attached to any organs, but adhered to something on his spine. Time for me to do some Googling.

FutureCEO

I still need to go to the store. My family got most of the food, but I just need to get veggie pot pies for me at Trader Joe's or something yummy like that. I am open to suggestions about other yummy vegetarian things you guys have tried.

My aunt's family is all vegetarians so she makes or buys a veggie lasagna during Christmastime. It is soooooooooo good.

Lucky

Rioting and looting seems akin to when people were forced to march and fight to defend their rights.
I don't think defending your rights is a good excuse for rioting and looting, and neither did Martin Luther King. He led a march in Memphis in early 1968 (to support striking sanitation workers) that some people took advantage of to engage in rioting and looting. King was so embarrassed by it that he returned to Memphis soon after to lead a more successful, peaceful march. That's when he was assassinated.

FutureCEO

I really feel like some areas are going back to the 1940's, where oppression of the black were outright disgusting.

Its also a huge drawback in my country as well. where Government actively killed protesters (using allied narc lords) to shut down protests.

"Ferguson Isn’t About Black Rage Against Cops, It’s About White Rage". This is a Washington Post article I saw on facebook and I still can't my brain wrapped around the title.

Cesar R M

It probably means that the tumour was cancerous all along. It was a very complicated situation for months; the samples having been reviewed by five separate hospital pathology departments. Sounds like someone jumped the gun saying "not cancer", instead of sticking to the "inconclusive" diagnosis they had previously given him.

Apparently they took a very large sample for testing this time, and the results are now incontrovertible. Hopefully, this months long delay in treatment is not going to prove detrimental.
It is a lymphoma, not attached to any organs, but adhered to something on his spine. Time for me to do some Googling.
hopefully he can be cured or having it removed.

Cesar R M

I don't think defending your rights is a good excuse for rioting and looting, and neither did Martin Luther King. He led a march in Memphis in early 1968 (to support striking sanitation workers) that some people took advantage of to engage in rioting and looting. King was so embarrassed by it that he returned to Memphis soon after to lead a more successful, peaceful march. That's when he was assassinated.
I agree with you, still.. when everything is lost and not even the biggest institutions can protect you.. What can do you?
The same state is happening in my country.
You know what the government is planning? banning all online media talk about the protests (they might jail you)
That makes things closer to revolution.

"Ferguson Isn’t About Black Rage Against Cops, It’s About White Rage". This is a Washington Post article I saw on facebook and I still can't my brain wrapped around the title.

maybe they mean about the cops themselves and not the white population in general?. Police cops who have problem with authority and rage.. are prone to go to extremes.

Cesar R M

In other news to get away from the whole negative aspect of society..

It seems the guy who bought my camera is legit.. I just sent him more pictures of my camera.. hopefully he will pay and I will send it on time.

Also in the drawback.. some guy started a complaint against me, claiming I never delivered something (when I have proof that I sent the product and that he received it). then privately he tells me the product "doesnt work".
If it doesn't work.. why he never messaged me before? he had 14 days!
If he had a problem he could have messaged me!. Then he claims the cartridges I sent were "shacked". (they were ink cartridges for a canon printer), what did he expect if they were shipped via cheapest shipping service? lol.

Anyway, his problem is very simple to resolve (cartridge not recognized). But again.. he never tried to contact me to resolve the issue. Not amused.

Cesar R M

arggh, I must have angered the gods.. more bad news.. my sis was admitted to an hospital due of a probable infection.. :(

need some good vibes!

Meh. Be careful of media too far right or left. I tried to stay away from my personal views on topic cause there are other places for that. It is sad on each side. Life's gone. Life's forever ruined
Agree, news are way too manipulated nowadays.. all owners seem to have their own agendas.

MOXOMUMD

There was a nice graphic.
The whole reveal was strategically planned.
They knew the outcome way before..
But they waited for a) less movement in town, b) near weekend c) to have enough police with military equipment and national guard armed to the teeth.

Also, there are some disgusting information appearing on internet.
Like the main prosecutor of the case.. who actually was one of the top donnors for the fund of the cop accused of murder.
Other donors who claimed "no racism here". Were found to be KKK members thanks to facebook photos.
infact, most of the actively protesters who defended the cop.. had ties with KKK.

not to mention that the cop was actually removed (disbanded police squad) in another town, for alleged abuse and racist profiling.
so it boggles my mind he was never found to be guilty of anything. Worse now that a 12 year old kid was gunned down by a cop on the spot.. for having a fake air soft gun replica.(same way a father who was talking on the phone, holding a fake rifle.. was gunned down as well.. the worst? in the videos of the store, they show white men and women with heavy weaponry.. strolling like nothing. but only the black guy had the police called on him)

:bored:
You need to stop believing everything you read on the internet and this is not the place to vent what you have. Just saying though, I feel ya.

MOXOMUMD

Meh. Be careful of media too far right or left. I tried to stay away from my personal views on topic cause there are other places for that. It is sad on each side. Life's gone. Life's forever ruined
Same here. Everyone has so many different views let's not ruin this thread (or get it closed) by creating some hurt feelings either way.

That being said, protestors have blocked the main exit ramp into Cleveland and my best friends (who work downtown) are just trying to get out. Sad.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Woof. Not to go overboard here, but, my first impression was of how Christ-like the shape of those sun rays appears, to me anyway...

I gotta hunch you're getting into heaven quicker than me, once we croak. It took me quite a while to see what you saw in the shape of the sun rays. (I better start paying more attention when I got to church on Sundays . . . ) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom