The Spirited Back Nine ...

Ignohippo

My personal opinion. Just because something is successful doesn't make it good. Transformers movie series has been huge and successful. Crony capitalism is successful. Disney raising prices on tickets without adding new attractions is successful. But does that make it good? No.

That's very, very true and I knew someone would say that. But eventually it all catches up. By the third Transformers movie, ticket and merchandise sales were slowing (hence the semi-reboot on the third crapfest).

The market will eventually make its opinion known. That's why so many of us are screaming about WDW. We all know this thing's gonna crash unless they do something quickly, and as Disney fans, none of us want that to happen.

The Marvel movies, on the other hand, are actually getting better and better and making more and more money each time out (and yes, I'm aware that's a bit of an over-generalization, but you get my point).

Ignohippo

As the guy who brought it to Dave's attention--forget if here or on Twitter--it's not slamming Disney. It's slamming Disney fanbois who treated this like a real event. Kind of like foamers who breathlessly praise a parking garage ... they've never actually set foot in.

I can't speak to that because I didn't see a single thing about the garage opening (besides maybe a small, somewhat insignificant, sentence or two) on any of the disney blogs or websites I frequent. Certainly the Disney site would have covered it as a major event, which I would totally expect.

The only big deal I saw made of it were those few of you on here whining and complaining about it.

71jason

I can't speak to that because I didn't see a single thing about the garage opening (besides maybe a small, somewhat insignificant, sentence or two) on any of the disney blogs or websites I frequent.

This site, where you have over 2000 posts, put up over half a dozen pictures and 3 paragraphs of copy re: the opening. It was also all over Twitter, as was mentioned repeatedly a few pages back.

Cesar R M

In Cap 2 I was on the Bill Young Precision Driving Team, so you can't really see me, as I was always in a car. In Avengers I was a "Dirty New York Pedestrian" -- covered in fake dirt as a New Yorker caught up in the huge battle. I'm in a few scenes, but here's the one with the best view of my face head-on. I'm just behind and slightly to the left of the blonde waitress (Ashley Johnson) who gets rescued by Cap.View attachment 74933
does this means you have an opportunity to appear in more Marvel movies?

bcalltimandanna

So was at Disneyland today (yes I know its not Disneyworld and this is a Disneyworld forum) but people are actually rebelling against Frozen. So many people left the holiday version of World of Color because there was way too much Frozen.

I don't think people will end up boycotting but they definitely need to focus on a better cash cow which is the adorable figure known as Baymax.
We went to DCA Wednesday, had a wonderful time, and left after two minutes of Olaf WOC

flynnibus

Premium Member
Now reporting live from the worlds most famous parking garage.

image.jpg

Kids asked why the ceiling is so high :$

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom