Nickelodeon Remnants/Reboot?

Would you like to see Nickelodeon to return to Universal Studios?

• Nope! Nicktoon Blast was enough!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Yeah! It's time to get slimed!

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
Ok, so I am a huge nostalgic nerd and I'd love to see a return of Nickelodeon to the Universal parks.
1. First off, does anyone know where any of the Nick props are from the historic Nick Studios? I've seen the Adamthewoo videos, so I know what it's like inside, but I've always had to wonder what happened to the crazy and colorful props like Olmec, the slime geyser, and time capsule.
2. Does anyone else think that a possible return of Nickelodeon is possible in the parks? I would like to see the Kid Zone get a major overhaul to a Nickelodeon world. ET should stay, but with the recent addition to Spongebob in the parks, it reminds me that Nickelodeon lingers. I would love to see a replica slime geyser, the time capsule to return, and a TMNT dark ride/roller coaster. I think the park would get a big boostof attendance from families and children that way. After all, it's pretty sad to know that the time capsule may never be opened! It would be amazing to see it be finally cracked open in a new Nickelodeon land, but in the same park. What do you guys think?

lazyboy97o

The Time Capsule was relocated to the Nickelodeon Suite Resort.

Nickelodeon's presence was never in rides and, at least to me, the allure was never the possibility of rides. It was always the live production that was so cool, especially since almost every live action show ended with "Filmed before a live studio audience at Universal Studios Florida."

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The Time Capsule was relocated to the Nickelodeon Suite Resort.

Nickelodeon's presence was never in rides and, at least to me, the allure was never the possibility of rides. It was always the live production that was so cool, especially since almost every live action show ended with "Filmed before a live studio audience at Universal Studios Florida."
They did Double Dare there, didn't they? I seem to recall they did...

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
They did Double Dare there, didn't they? I seem to recall they did...
I believe so. I know for a fact that Legends of the Hidden Temple and Kenan and Kel were filmed there. Not to mention almost all of their other 90s shows. I still think Nick has quite a bit of potential in the parks. The "Nick Rewind Brand"has been getting really popular over the last couple of years. If Universal replaced Woody Woodpecker with this, I would be pleased. ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I believe so. I know for a fact that Legends of the Hidden Temple and Kenan and Kel were filmed there. Not to mention almost all of their other 90s shows. I still think Nick has quite a bit of potential in the parks. The "Nick Rewind Brand"has been getting really popular over the last couple of years. If Universal replaced Woody Woodpecker with this, I would be pleased. ;)
What would be hilarious is if they opened up their own "Avatarland" in 2017 too...(with, the good Avatar, the Last Airbender, not the big smurf-cats).

Imagine the confusion among tourists! I would love it!

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
Thats would be amazing. I can picture it now. Dora, Spongebob, TMNT, Avatar TLA/Legend of Korra glider (flying coaster) ride. Along with some throwback with 90s character greetings and Legends of the Hidden Temple/ Double Dare live to replace the current animal show. Wow, I'm really thinking into this a lot!

Cmdr_Crimson

Thats would be amazing. I can picture it now. Dora, Spongebob, TMNT, Avatar TLA/Legend of Korra glider (flying coaster) ride. Along with some throwback with 90s character greetings and Legends of the Hidden Temple/ Double Dare live to replace the current animal show. Wow, I'm really thinking into this a lot!

Closest thing you'll get to a Nick themed park..is Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America
nickelodeon-universe.jpg

de9ce68e-95fa-406b-a870-d87d077d3fc3.jpg

Tony Perkis

I have to imagine the market for Nickelodeon is pretty much obsolete. At least on a national marketing scale, outside of Spongebob.

Milla4Prez66

Universal's relationship with Nick soured years ago, they've only kept rights to things like SpongeBob and Dora just for merchandising reasons. An actual attraction is very unlikely from everything I've heard.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to imagine the market for Nickelodeon is pretty much obsolete. At least on a national marketing scale, outside of Spongebob.

Same thing goes for the Scooby Doo characters being at Universal for no reason...Funtastic world of Hanna Barbera has been gone for several years and they rarely show an episode on Cartoon Network...Yet they still do M&G's with them in a park that has no relevance to them..
8504070101_50054dc57a_z.jpg

misterID

UNI seems to have a problem with Dreamworks too.

Strange. More family IPs would be great. And I would say SpongeBob is more relevant than Woody Woodpecker and like, everything in Toon Lagoon.

Jwhee

There isn't as much left of Nick Studios as people think. Sure, there's quite a bit, but recently things have been disappearing, such as the control room signs and stuff.

orlando678-

I would love to see Universal use Dreamworks, Nickelodeon and Hannah Barbera. This would make the parks more popular with smaller kids and families. This is something that Universal lacks a bit. Kids rides are very famous at Disney for example but they also have really thrilling rides. Also using the Universal original movies like Despicable me, Box trolls, Hop, Paranorman and so would be great. Orlando now only has Seuss landing and Kidzone for the smaller ones and I know for sure this can be imrpoved.

squidward

I've wondered for the past few years why they didn't change Woody;s Kid Zone to a Bikini Bottom theme. It's safe to say SpongeBob has, and will continue to stand the test of time. A Krusty Krab restaurant would be fantastic.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've wondered for the past few years why they didn't change Woody;s Kid Zone to a Bikini Bottom theme. It's safe to say SpongeBob has, and will continue to stand the test of time. A Krusty Krab restaurant would be fantastic.

They could make Woody's KidZone Pizza Co....A Krusty Krab Pizza......Now I have an excuse for this....
34e397579ea530facc5bae0274cbec63.jpg

orlando678-

I think they have to choose some famous cartoons, not only Spongebob but also Dora, Diego, Fairly odd parents, Jimmy neutron and some more. Maybe even a coaster based on some theme songs as icarly, Btr and victorious or so

Cmdr_Crimson

I think they have to choose some famous cartoons, not only Spongebob but also Dora, Diego, Fairly odd parents, Jimmy neutron and some more. Maybe even a coaster based on some theme songs as icarly, Btr and victorious or so

Yeahhhhh...Let's live in the era where were not stuck in the late 90's and most of the shows that are mentioned have been cancelled...

I honestly don't understand why Spongebob is there...He just has a store...No ride...He had more recognition during the time when Paramount Parks were still exsited but, when they were sold to Cedar Fair The Peanuts characters kicked them out....

orlando678-

I think that movieland Germany has a great Nickland. If Universal would look at this and just theme it way better with you being in the tv programmes, then it would be great. I'm sure people will like it, of course retheming of rides will be needed since it are tv programmes, unless they make more movies about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom