Fixing Disneyland Paris

What should be the new name fo Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris?

• None, leave as is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's Hollywoodland Park

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Disney's Hollywood Park

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (If so leave a new name in the thraed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walt Disney's Hollywood Park

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tcool

Original Poster
Another hing I might do is rework the Chaparral Theater to host an updated Fantasmic. Woody's Village Area would get the boot for a possible kiddie area in Fronteirland maybe a dark ride based around Woody's Roundup, and a junior roller coaster themed to Echo Mines from Home on the Range (I know it's not very popular, but it will make for a great ride IMO) And it could go backwards for a portion when hey get to the TNT explosion.

tcool

Original Poster
For Discoveryland I'm planning to bring over the attractions fro Mysterious Island in Tokyo. Which will bring 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea & Journey to the Center of the Earth. Going into the place of Buzz Lightyear will Journey while Autopia will be reworked. The Autopia cars will be redone into electric cars. In the area of the entrance to Autopia will 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

orlando678-

I like the ideas only when you would add a home on the range mine cart ride that would mean that there are 3 mine rides in frontierland: big thunder mountain, geyser mountain and the home on the range ride.

tcool

Original Poster
I like the ideas only when you would add a home on the range mine cart ride that would mean that there are 3 mine rides in frontierland: big thunder mountain, geyser mountain and the home on the range ride.
How about tuning the area into Critter Country? That way there would be "a new land". It could have a 100-Acre Woods area with MK's Pooh Ride, 100 Acre Goods, Junior Rollercoaster themed to the bees flying through the trees, and a QS were you eat in Rabbit's House. Chaparral Theater gets Fantasmic. Cowboy Cookout Barbeque becomes Country Bear Jamboree and The Hungry Bear Restaurant. And between Pocahontas's Area and the Chaparral Theater will be a small theater about 150 seats and stage with a themed covering hosting a show titled Bambi : The Forest Prince a 30 minute show based on Bambi(film) that will be similar to storytelling of FOTLK. The current theater with the Pooh show will acquire the randomized Phillarmagic.(Meaning something else will go into Animagique)

orlando678-

the idea is great but my problem is that I feel like winnie the Pooh doesn't fit in critter country because that's american and pooh is british. Also I really liked the randomized philharmagic in wdsp. Only if 100 hundred acre wood is a mini area in fantasyland or just a miniland i think it would fit great.

tcool

Original Poster
How about this for Critter Country:
  • Fantasmic
  • Bambi : The Forest Prince(Show)
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • The Briar Patch - an indoor water shooting attraction to animatronics so they take action. Themed to Song of the South. Similar o River Battle at Dollywood.
  • Chikipin Hill - a junior rollercoaster going through Chikipin Hill from Song of the South/Splash Mountain.
  • The Hungry Bear Café
  • The Farmyard(QS focused on Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, and Clara Cluck)
  • Hoedown Pavilion(Seasonal) hosts the Critter Hoedown similar to Fronteirland Hoedown. Possible Charecters include Big Al, Liver Lips, Wendell, Shaker,Thumper,Flower, Miss Rabbit, Clara Cluck, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Chip & Dale, Clarice, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, and Brer Rabbit. There will be a live band.
  • North Workshop Pavilion (Seasonal) during the holidays it is rethemed to host Holiday Hoedown 1 reindeer and 1 Ginger Bread Man to host a hoedown. Possible other Holiday Clothed characters include Big Al, Liver Lips, Wendell, Shaker, Clara Cluck, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Chip & Dale, and Clarice. There will be a live band.

tcool

Original Poster
The current Christmas show at Chaparral Theater is moved to the Theater that is home to the planned A Royal Coronation.

IASW Theater gets a seasonal show during the holidays.

It will be an orchestra playing Christmas Classics. And using the screens and projectors will display scenes from Disney Movies and other Wintery stuff. Several Songs to be heard can be such as Joy to the world, Jingle Bells, etc. For 10 minutes the orchestra will play. For 35 more minutes several excerpts from Winter Stories will be read aloud, and acted out. During the reading the Orchestra will be play music to go along with it. Namely Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol will be the star of this portion of the show. That has been Wonders of Winter

ArtificialArtist

Disneyland Paris - Don't get me started.... The park has serious flaws, but one of the highlights is its Space Mountain, i wish they would replace the old WDW SM with this one. Indy ain't too bad either, though it desperately needs the real Indy ride from DL next to the current attraction. (Those two would go well together, naturally)
One of the smaller, but still ingenious features i like about DLP is the grotto below the castle with the dragon.
I would like to see something similar in Tomorrowland. Which is the area that most desperately needs one more E-ticket. I would reincarnate Alien Encounter there. And build an actual 20k Leagues ride, instead of the current walkthrough attraction

copied from other thread, this is what i think might work for DLP
(just from the top of my head without taking a risk of brainfreeze)
:D

tcool

Original Poster
copied from other thread, this is what i think might work for DLP
(just from the top of my head without taking a risk of brainfreeze)
:D
Indy Area was part of my plan, but now its rumor that the expansion plot will be Soarin' from Shanghai, but Indy Coaster was removed for Indy from DL.
I like that grotto too. (From Video not personal experience)
Majority of the good plots were taken be Star Wars again rumored. I was thinking of bringing over TDS Mysterious Island Rides. Journey to the Center of the Earth goes into Buzz. 20K takes over Autopia are, but not all of it as some of it will remain in use as a much smaller version although that could always be used an expansion pad as well.

The rumors came from here :
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.nl/2014/10/all-about-disneyland-paris-future.html

ArtificialArtist

From the blogpost:
DisneyAndMore - "....and they will open again soon the Chaparral Stage for a Frozen show. To have a Frozen show in Frontierland may look a bit strange as the right location for it would have been in Fantasyland..."

..this reminds me of something, just can't figure out what it was.. :devilish:

Most of the changes make sense though. Although there is a clear lack of E-Ticket rides in DLP. DLP needs one more E and 2 D ticket rides to have an even lineup. Currently, both DLP and DS are, each, easily done within half a day if you visit on a less crowded day. It just feels like there is too little to do sometimes. DLP has some great slightly secluded spots and pathways, the cave labyrinth and things like the dragon's grotto, which i already mentioned before. These should definetly keep playing a role in the overall park concept, it just needs more attractions to give people a reason to come back.

It's not extremely far from where i live (6 hour drive) but i don't have the urge to go there often. Every few years maybe. That would certainly change if the resort was better maintained and if the attraction lineup sufficient

tcool

Original Poster
From the blogpost:
DisneyAndMore - "....and they will open again soon the Chaparral Stage for a Frozen show. To have a Frozen show in Frontierland may look a bit strange as the right location for it would have been in Fantasyland..."

..this reminds me of something, just can't figure out what it was.. :devilish:

Most of the changes make sense though. Although there is a clear lack of E-Ticket rides in DLP. DLP needs one more E and 2 D ticket rides to have an even lineup. Currently, both DLP and DS are, each, easily done within half a day if you visit on a less crowded day. It just feels like there is too little to do sometimes. DLP has some great slightly secluded spots and pathways, the cave labyrinth and things like the dragon's grotto, which i already mentioned before. These should definetly keep playing a role in the overall park concept, it just needs more attractions to give people a reason to come back.

It's not extremely far from where i live (6 hour drive) but i don't have the urge to go there often. Every few years maybe. That would certainly change if the resort was better maintained and if the attraction lineup sufficient

Darn it there goes my plans for the area. Unless what if we could move that Frozen show to the show where I want to include A Royal Coronation which is essentially a Frozen Show with all the princesses. The castle theater.

E-Tickets I have put out there have been Indy replace Indy, Soarin'(Highly Rumored), Notre Dame Adventure, Geyser plans that fell through(suggested by @orlando678- ), and Journey from TDS. While WDSP is getting Big Hero 6 Soarin' Idea as of now. TSMM will come as well (think that was said in an article)
D-Tickets I have put out were Beauty and the Beast Trackless, Pocahontas River Adventure, The Briar Patch, Chikipin Hill, 20Kfrom TDS, and Star Tours 2 (confirmed I think)

Overall what do you think of all the ideas been put out so far I have given as well as others here?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Darn it there goes my plans for the area. Unless what if we could move that Frozen show to the show where I want to include A Royal Coronation which is essentially a Frozen Show with all the princesses. The castle theater.

E-Tickets I have put out there have been Indy replace Indy, Soarin'(Highly Rumored), Notre Dame Adventure, Geyser plans that fell through(suggested by @orlando678- ), and Journey from TDS. While WDSP is getting Big Hero 6 Soarin' Idea as of now. TSMM will come as well (think that was said in an article)
D-Tickets I have put out were Beauty and the Beast Trackless, Pocahontas River Adventure, The Briar Patch, Chikipin Hill, 20Kfrom TDS, and Star Tours 2 (confirmed I think)

Overall what do you think of all the ideas been put out so far I have given as well as others here?

Love BatB Trackless Ride idea! Brilliant! And Love where you guys are going with this in general!

But Random Question @tcool...Like what your throwing out for Frontierland but how does Pocahontas fit the Wild West town theming when Pocahontas takes place in Virginia? Are you thinking of an awesome exterior to make it fit? Same Question for Splash…

I know they're were plans to make Splash fit thematically previously.

captur11.jpg

The only reason I ask is because of DLP's crazy awesome theming, and I'm curious what you'll be up to with that. :D

tcool

Original Poster
Love BatB Trackless Ride idea! Brilliant! And Love where you guys are going with this in general!

But Random Question @tcool...Like what your throwing out for Frontierland but how does Pocahontas fit the Wild West town theming when Pocahontas takes place in Virginia? Are you thinking of an awesome exterior to make it fit? Same Question for Splash…

I know they're were plans to make Splash fit thematically previously.

captur11.jpg

The only reason I ask is because of DLP's crazy awesome theming, and I'm curious what you'll be up to with that. :D
Splash Mountain will be a technically new land for DLP Critter Country this would go in the Cottonwood Creek area, which includes Woody's Cowboy Thing and Chaparral Theater, but it will also include the BBQ Ranch area as that will converted into that area as well. Actually there is no Splash Mountain I split it up into 2 separate rides. Chikipin hill being the coaster part for young kids with show scenes of Briar Rabbit leaving & Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah. The Briar Patch being the water part with Laughing Place and with the iconic briar patch, but in a different location. Maybe making this 2 different mountains one bigger one smaller? This area will be in the Woody's Cowboy Village. In front of all this will be a new restaurant themed to Clara Cluck, Clarabelle Cow, and Horace Horsecollar. That will hopefully hide it from Fronteirland viewing a little bit.
MK_FrL_SplashConstrRefilled_090117-danderline.jpg

More rockwork for the reworked Chaparral Theater so it can host Fantasm!. Pocahontas I was thinking something of the cliffs shown in the movie?
walt-disney-screencaps-pocahontas-walt-disney-characters-33695391-5000-2813.jpg

Pocahontas1.png

Maybe keep the style, but change the coloring and things to make it fit more with Thunder Mountain?
mountainbook_paris.jpg

As well as throw in some grass hilltops and trees such as evergreens or those shown in the picture. When facing it from Critter Country it will look more like the film version with willows and a possible surprise.
pocahontas-60.png

Pocahontas's Ride Mountain should be able to hide a lot of the Song of the South Area I hope.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Splash Mountain will be a technically new land for DLP Critter Country this would go in the Cottonwood Creek area, which includes Woody's Cowboy Thing and Chaparral Theater, but it will also include the BBQ Ranch area as that will converted into that area as well. Actually there is no Splash Mountain I split it up into 2 separate rides. Chikipin hill being the coaster part for young kids with show scenes of Briar Rabbit leaving & Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah. The Briar Patch being the water part with Laughing Place and with the iconic briar patch, but in a different location. Maybe making this 2 different mountains one bigger one smaller? This area will be in the Woody's Cowboy Village. In front of all this will be a new restaurant themed to Clara Cluck, Clarabelle Cow, and Horace Horsecollar. That will hopefully hide it from Fronteirland viewing a little bit.
MK_FrL_SplashConstrRefilled_090117-danderline.jpg

More rockwork for the reworked Chaparral Theater so it can host Fantasm!. Pocahontas I was thinking something of the cliffs shown in the movie?
walt-disney-screencaps-pocahontas-walt-disney-characters-33695391-5000-2813.jpg

Pocahontas1.png

Maybe keep the style, but change the coloring and things to make it fit more with Thunder Mountain?
mountainbook_paris.jpg

As well as throw in some grass hilltops and trees such as evergreens or those shown in the picture. When facing it from Critter Country it will look more like the film version with willows and a possible surprise.
pocahontas-60.png

Pocahontas's Ride Mountain should be able to hide a lot of the Song of the South Area I hope.

Very Neat idea how to make Pocahontas work! It could fit perfectly, I like it!

And the two rides based on Song of the South? Brillant!

Awesome job so far!

tcool

Original Poster
Here's a little update! This is the layout of An Aristocat Adventure, Some rooms have white which means that it supposed to be set in the city while the Greenery Scenery signifies Country Areas.

layout_by_tcool123-d88wdoh.png

tcool

Original Poster
Idea for Enchanted Tales with Bell Queue

What if the props from Storybook Land Canal Boats were re used as displays to go along with a readable page in both French and English from said fairytale.
Props I think could work would be
  • Rapunzel's Tower
  • Peter and the Wolf Cabin
  • The Sword in the Stone
  • Snow White's Cottage

orlando678-

Nice idea with the queue but i don't think it's something for enchanted tales with belle unless its a general storytelling ride I would keep it only beauty and the beast

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom