Child DDP question

alissafalco

Original Poster
My daughter is now old enough to be on the DDP for our next trip. On the regular DDP plan, it says the QS meal includes entree, drink & dessert for L & D. My sister just got back from WDW and she said they told her the kids QS meal did not include a dessert. Only the items that are listed under the kids meal. Does that sound right? Do the kids QS meals not include a dessert? It doesn't say that on the website. The website states all QS meals include dessert for lunch & dinner.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I remember someone saying that Mickey check meals for kids dont include dessert because they have to keep them under a certain number of calories... I'm not 100% sure but I swear I read that on these boards somewhere.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My daughter is now old enough to be on the DDP for our next trip. On the regular DDP plan, it says the QS meal includes entree, drink & dessert for L & D. My sister just got back from WDW and she said they told her the kids QS meal did not include a dessert. Only the items that are listed under the kids meal. Does that sound right? Do the kids QS meals not include a dessert? It doesn't say that on the website. The website states all QS meals include dessert for lunch & dinner.
Yes, it's something I noticed last trip. I don't recall them enforcing it as strictly at QS on previous trips...but last year my kiddo was limited to the children's menu at all places, to include dessert options (grapes, cookie, etc..)

TTiiMM

Something else to keep in mind. At quick service locations, a child can order from the "adult" menu. However, at table service restaurants a child must order from the child's menu. So this led to the inevitable question from my eight-year-old daughter as we entered every restaurant... "Am I an adult here, or just a kid?" :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Something else to keep in mind. At quick service locations, a child can order from the "adult" menu. However, at table service restaurants a child must order from the child's menu. So this led to the inevitable question from my eight-year-old daughter as we entered every restaurant... "Am I an adult here, or just a kid?" :)
As of my last trip with the deluxe plan, that is only the case at places that don't have a children's menu. If there is a child's menu, the child must order off it.

Prior years, I believe it was policy, but I only recall them specifically enforcing it at QS staring in 2013.

Is always been the case at TS, and enforced.

Figaro928

So, just to be clear - with a QS meal, if a kid orders from the kid's menu, they can only order the dessert that applies (cookie, grapes) but because on the DDP, QS credits are not set as adult/child, you can still use a "child's credit" QS on an adult meal. Is that correct?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So, just to be clear - with a QS meal, if a kid orders from the kid's menu, they can only order the dessert that applies (cookie, grapes) but because on the DDP, QS credits are not set as adult/child, you can still use a "child's credit" QS on an adult meal. Is that correct?
Credits are not flagged as "adult" or "child" in the redemption system.

Whether TS or QS, the child is supposed to be limited to the children's menu. At TS, where the waiter sees the child, you aren't given leeway, but at QS, if you told them it was two adults, and they couldn't confirm that it wasn't, you could use both credits for the adult menu.

But, you aren't supposed to.

alissafalco

Original Poster
Ok, just to be clear, when Im at a QS place that has a kids menu, if it includes grapes they cant get a dessert??@englanddg you said it wasnt enforced? So then you can get a dessert if you ask??
Also, if I went to the counter solo I could order an adult QS meal for my child and they wouldnt know???

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, just to be clear, when Im at a QS place that has a kids menu, if it includes grapes they cant get a dessert??@englanddg you said it wasnt enforced? So then you can get a dessert if you ask??
Also, if I went to the counter solo I could order an adult QS meal for my child and they wouldnt know???
On previous trips I've ordered for the kid off the adult menu for QS without a problem, but on my 2013 trip they enforced it (if she was with me).

But, yes, I am pretty sure if you go up there on your own, you can order off the adult menu, and they'll never know (also in my experience).

For example, quite a few times at PORS I got the kiddo an adult breakfast because she liked the larger portions, and each time was never questioned about it.

But, you aren't supposed to. I didn't really feel guilty doing it occasionally (even though I'm generally against "abusing" the system) because I paid premium price for the Deluxe plan, so I'm quite sure...in fact I know cause I broke it down dollar wise...Disney got their money's worth from me. <wink>)

alissafalco

Original Poster
Ok, thanks for the info. I wonder if I ask at a QS place to get a dessert with the kids menu order, if they would give it to me?

dlboath

We were there in August/September with a 9 year old so this is still fresh in my mind :) If you order a QS kids meal, you can get 2 sides with the entree and they vary from place to place....carrots, applesauce, fries, grapes, cookie. The cookie is considered a dessert and they will not let you order an adult dessert unless you want to pay for it. When we went to the QS restaurants, my daughter would look at the adult dessert menu to see if she wanted an adult meal or kids meal and we ordered accordingly. Sometimes she was standing there with me, other times she was seated already, but they never questioned our order. TS she always ordered off the kids menu.

Figaro928

We were hoping to order a few times of the adult menu for my daughter - not because of the dessert (we'd probably get a yogurt anyway) but because the portion. My son is 2 1/2 and is going to be eating for "free" - sharing all his meals with his sissy who is on the DDP. I was thinking an adult chicken nugget meal would be good for the two of them to split - plus a larger milk rather than the kid size.

Small tangent - How much smaller are the kid's portion vs the adult portion. If it really is a problem and we HAVE to order a child's QS meal, I'd have no problem getting it. More out of curiosity at this point

Bparso87

Qs credits r not kids r adults they r just credits. I used my last two kids credits my last day for adult meals and it worked when u look at ur receipt it say total qs remaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom