Have an extra table service credit-How to use?

lincolnryan

Original Poster
We originally were going to stay for 4 nights and booked our dining reservations 6 months in advance. We ended up switching our reservation and now we are staying an extra night and arriving late, so this gave us an extra sit-down meal to use. We're doing Crystal Palace, Akershus, Hollywood and Vine, and Chef Mickey's. I also have tentatively planned on doubling up on the day of the Hollywood and Vine (breakfast) and doing Whispering Canyon for dinner.

Just on average, do most sit-downs tend to eat up quite a bit of time? My kids are not big eaters so I'm not sure if I want to spend all that much time in restaurants. Are there any other creative ways to spend table service credits? I looked into pizza ordering, but it looks like it's not offered at the Contemporary.

Maybe I'm short-changing the quick service options though? Are they decent food? For some reason, I'm considering quick-service to be like fast food and table to be more like a restaurant.

hanwill

Think of those sit down meals as an hour to rest as well... it makes a difference to feel rested after a meal...

Garden Grill for dinner might be fun,
or Liberty Tree Tavern, Sci- Fi is really fun for kids too- Its a hamburger and fries, but it has movies playing and a different atmosphere...

HouCuseChickie

Honestly...if you have the dining plan...you'd be throwing $ away if you don't use them on table service meals. Table service meals have taken us anywhere from 40 min to 2 hours...all depends on where we're eating and what we decide to eat. And while my kids love character meals, fun meals like 'Ohana, 50s, WCC, Sanaa, etc also rank highly with them + they adore California Grill because of the views. Something else to think about with your character meals...they may take you a little bit longer, but they'll likely spare you from waiting in long M&G lines in the parks = more time for rides. Pre-park opening breakfasts also are great since they accomplish this without you wasting much- if any- park time. Ex. the 7am at Chef Mickey's gives the kids a good fill of meeting characters and gives you enough time to get to whatever park of your choice by opening.

JillC LI

Sit down meals do take an hour to an hour and a half generally, but it is a nice break in your day. That said, I personally wouldn't plan more than one sit down meal per day. If you have to add a meal, my recommendation is Kona Cafe for the latest breakfast time possible so you can visit the MK first thing in the morning, catch the monorail to the Poly for "brunch" and return to the MK.

NelsonRD

You can redeem your unused credits for snack food at a gift shop, such as Mickey crackers. If you have children, that may be an option to have as they can snack on the way home.

Kevlar10

You could look into a picnic lunch at the Animal Kingdom. I believe it is a TS credit. They pack it up for you and you can take it anywhere in the park. Also, you could do a character breakfast at anyone of the parks. It may be too much food, but you get into the parks early. My favorite is Tusker House at AK.

Tom 55

We originally were going to stay for 4 nights and booked our dining reservations 6 months in advance. We ended up switching our reservation and now we are staying an extra night and arriving late, so this gave us an extra sit-down meal to use. We're doing Crystal Palace, Akershus, Hollywood and Vine, and Chef Mickey's. I also have tentatively planned on doubling up on the day of the Hollywood and Vine (breakfast) and doing Whispering Canyon for dinner.

Just on average, do most sit-downs tend to eat up quite a bit of time? My kids are not big eaters so I'm not sure if I want to spend all that much time in restaurants. Are there any other creative ways to spend table service credits? I looked into pizza ordering, but it looks like it's not offered at the Contemporary.

Maybe I'm short-changing the quick service options though? Are they decent food? For some reason, I'm considering quick-service to be like fast food and table to be more like a restaurant.

Crystal Palace, Akershus and Chef Mickey are buffet meals. You control how quickly you are out. I find the most time is spent waiting to meet and greet all the characters that are available. Here are picture of meeting the characters.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.JPG
    IMG_1359.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 26

DisneyDebNJ

Honestly...if you have the dining plan...you'd be throwing $ away if you don't use them on table service meals. Table service meals have taken us anywhere from 40 min to 2 hours...all depends on where we're eating and what we decide to eat. And while my kids love character meals, fun meals like 'Ohana, 50s, WCC, Sanaa, etc also rank highly with them + they adore California Grill because of the views. Something else to think about with your character meals...they may take you a little bit longer, but they'll likely spare you from waiting in long M&G lines in the parks = more time for rides. Pre-park opening breakfasts also are great since they accomplish this without you wasting much- if any- park time. Ex. the 7am at Chef Mickey's gives the kids a good fill of meeting characters and gives you enough time to get to whatever park of your choice by opening.
This ^^^ but if you do decide to do Chef Mickey's, breakfast is better than dinner in my opinion. If you're staying at the Contemporary, you can use the ease of the monorail to do other restaurants at the Poly or Grand Floridian. Kona Cafe at the Poly and Grand Floridian Cafe are both very good choices.

alissafalco

You could look into a picnic lunch at the Animal Kingdom. I believe it is a TS credit. They pack it up for you and you can take it anywhere in the park. Also, you could do a character breakfast at anyone of the parks. It may be too much food, but you get into the parks early. My favorite is Tusker House at AK.
I never heard of the picnic lunch. Details??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom